Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
thyme2go

Maasdam questions--current info

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, MAVIP said:

The only comment we have on that cabin is that the key of the upper drawer of one of the pedestal cupboards did not work, 🙂but who will ever use it? 🙂  

Wow, it actually had the key? I don't think any of our lockable nightstands ever actually had the key in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MAVIP said:

The only comment we have on that cabin is that the key of the upper drawer of one of the pedestal cupboards did not work, 🙂but who will ever use it? 🙂

For the S and R class ships on which I have sailed , the room safe is too small to hold a laptop. When I encountered a missing key, or broken lock, on the bed-side drawers, the attendants arranged a repair.  The newer ships have a much larger room safe and, yes, the locking drawers are of less interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, joekerstef said:

Wow, it actually had the key? I don't think any of our lockable nightstands ever actually had the key in it.

That's of course the reason that I noticed and remember 🙂  And after the answer of Cruise4food I know now where alle those keys are: in the pockets of laptopowning ex-passengers 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MAVIP said:

That's of course the reason that I noticed and remember 🙂  And after the answer of Cruise4food I know now where alle those keys are: in the pockets of laptopowning ex-passengers 😉 

T’accuse? Who are you? Émile Zola? 🤔👁🧐 😁🚢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cruise4food said:

T’accuse? Who are you? Émile Zola? 🤔👁🧐 😁🚢

And you Félix Faure or Dreyfuss?  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Several years ago we did 60 days on the Maasdam to and around Australia and loved it.  Then we did the inaugural 48 day EXC voyage to French Polynesia and thoroughly loved that one.  A few months later we rejoined the ship in Singapore for a 3 week RT voyage to Sri Lanka and loved that.  We're now booked for a couple more months onboard from Seattle to Sydney starting in July, 2019 and we're looking forward to it.  It's a nice older ship with great itineraries and that's what draws us back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, MAVIP said:

And you Félix Faure or Dreyfuss?  😁

Most days I would be like the Dreyfus who worked with Inspector Clouseau. 😊

 

Anyway, I have voyaged on ms Maasdam twice so far and will board in July for a 21 day Northern Pacific Crossing. I am confident that she will deliver a great onboard experience.

Edited by Cruise4food

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cruise4food said:

Most days I would be like the Dreyfus who worked with Inspector Clouseau. 😊

 

Anyway, I have voyaged on ms Maasdam twice so far and will board in July for a 21 day Northern Pacific Crossing. I am confident that she will deliver a great onboard experience.

With your attitude you will be guaranteed a great cruise. Have a wonderful voyage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:36 AM, colbe said:

We got off Maasdam (reluctantly!!) two weeks ago. There are plenty of choices in the Lido including most of what is also on offer in the MDR. You will not starve 😀😋.

Do you know who the Piano Player was onboard during your cruise and (pushing this I know) did they say if they were at the start or reaching the end of their tour.  We are sailing on Maasdam in July and we love the Piano Bar.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ris_scot said:

Do you know who the Piano Player was onboard during your cruise and (pushing this I know) did they say if they were at the start or reaching the end of their tour.  We are sailing on Maasdam in July and we love the Piano Bar.

 

He was at the very start of his contract (if fact he was a few days late as he missed the Brisbane sailing due to flight connection problems). He seemed to be very popular with the evening bar crowd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, colbe said:

He was at the very start of his contract (if fact he was a few days late as he missed the Brisbane sailing due to flight connection problems). He seemed to be very popular with the evening bar crowd.

Thanks it is possible that he will still be on in 10 weeks time - did you catch his name ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ris_scot said:

Thanks it is possible that he will still be on in 10 weeks time - did you catch his name ?

Johnny I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Presently on board Maasdam and AC plumbing all working fine. Great crew, food and entertainment is pretty good. Great guest lecturers and chefs.

 

Love this Grande Dame of the seas. Five more sea days until San Francisco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, aliaschief said:

Five more sea days until San Francisco.

And we can't wait for you to get here 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on the Maasdam through the Panama Canal two years ago.  We did have a flood in our cabin when we arrived but Hal took care of it and we were compensated for the  Inconvience.  Service and food were awesome.

 

We did have a problem with the A/C and they gave us a fan that helped make it comfortable.  I do find on ships it is either too hot or too cold.  No matter what ship.  So I adapt.

 

with that being said I would not hesitate to sail on the Maasdam again.  The Maasdam is sailing out of my home port doing 3 3 week itineary’s To Alaska.

unfortunately my schedule will not allow me to be away for three weeks right now.  If I could get away I would do it in a Heartbeat.

 

My brother sailed on her in Nov from Tahiti to New Zealand and he said the food was great, the service was great.  He really liked the Exc Depth experience.   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...