Just Boarded Summit Penthouse Suite 6147

goldsmip115

5 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

OMG.  You are right. There is a microwave. I have been in this suite for a week and just noticed it.  Sorry.

Well at least we know the food on the ship is good! It would have been upsetting to know you had resorted to microwave dinners!

We had Cesar as our butler on the Eclipse for two cruises. He was fantastic!

Thanks for your ongoing posts, thoroughly enjoying.

Okay, this dressing area change is sort of bothering me. I need a place to put my makeup on and do my hair. The dressing area   ( at least of the Infinity PH) had the large mirror and then a makeup mirror in one of the drawers. May not be a big deal to most, but I really liked having this space. Where can you do your hair and makeup now? And is there a makeup mirror somewhere or should I just bring my own?

Edited by djh

15 minutes ago, djh said:

Okay, this dressing area change is sort of bothering me. I need a place to put my makeup on and do my hair. The dressing area   ( at least of the Infinity PH) had the large mirror and then a makeup mirror in one of the drawers. May not be a big deal to most, but I really liked having this space. Where can you do your hair and makeup now? And is there a makeup mirror somewhere or should I just bring my own?

I really liked having that space too.  Apparently Kelly Hoppen disagreed with what we liked and found useful and functional.

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I really liked having that space too.  Apparently Kelly Hoppen disagreed with what we liked and found useful and functional.

I agree that the dressing/make up mirror should have remained.  There was more than adequate closet space in the PH.  The only thing we found annoying about that area, was,  to access the safe or drawers below the safe, you had to close the door to the bedroom.   I can't count how many times we had to open and close the door to get stuff out.

• 5 weeks later...

I should say that all of my prior posts indicated my pleasure with the suite and clearly pointed out the few issues.  I am not interested in a debate about the suite prior to being renovated nor I am interested in any more Kelly Hoppen trashing, especially from the self professed “Happy Cruiser.” 

• Like 2

Goldsmip, are you on the Summit again?  I'd be very interested to hear whether they removed the comfortable chairs and put back the punishment chairs from our veranda next door.  Or if I made the world a better place for those who came after 🙂

Say Hi to Cesar for us!

15 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

I am boarding again tomorrow for 11 nights in the same suite.  Ask away.

I'm leaving in three weeks and need to know if there is a makeup mirror in the cabin and now that they have eliminated the vanity area outside the main bathroom where I can do my hair and makeup.

• 4 years later...
22 hours ago, Kathyrd said:

Thank you for the photos the outlet photos by the bed were extremely helpful.  I will bring a European adapter and hopefully that will solve the issue 

Bring itjust in case.  We just left 6148 and there was a 220 to 110 adapter on the desk in the bedroom.

3 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

Bring itjust in case.  We just left 6148 and there was a 220 to 110 adapter on the desk in the bedroom.

Thank you.  Did you love the room. Was it far from the elevators since it is aft? I love the aft views 😍 

21 minutes ago, Kathyrd said:

Thank you.  Did you love the room. Was it far from the elevators since it is aft? I love the aft views 😍 

Since the Summit has three elevator banks, we felt the walk was short (especially to luminae and tuscan). Room was very quiet and we barely felt movement.  The theater and lounge ARE a bit of a walk.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

Since the Summit has three elevator banks, we felt the walk was short (especially to luminae and tuscan). Room was very quiet and we barely felt movement.  The theater and lounge ARE a bit of a walk.

Those M-class PH terraces are the best at sea.  Makes it worthwhile to walk a bit more! 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philpcruiser said:

Just think how much better the deck would be without the unsightly stair case in the corner.  And the very distracting light coming out of it at night.

You know we barely noticed it….Too busy watching that wake view…mesmerising…

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chemmo said:

You know we barely noticed it….Too busy watching that wake view…mesmerising…

Yes, watching the wake on a sunny and calm day is soooo relaxing.  But at night,  when you want to star gaze or watch the moon illuminate the ocean, the light from the stairway makes that nearly impossible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philpcruiser said:

Just think how much better the deck would be without the unsightly stair case in the corner.

It's an 1,000+ sq. ft. veranda with seats for 13 people. I really didn't pay much attention to the stairwell. I did book 6147 (twice) instead of 6148 because the window washing rig lives on that corner. 

b3.JPG

b2.JPG

b1.JPG

• Like 1