Things that Celebrity have done away with that you would like to see back

Fixit2010

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

Still on the M&S class ships. 

Yes I know.  As time goes on there will be more and more new ships that are unsailable.

I just found out that the new Princess ships don't have the Sky Lounge equivalent area.  I guess only new HAL ships for me and older Celebrity and Princess ships.

Edited by NMTraveller

48 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Yes I know.  As time goes on there will be more and more new ships that are unsailable.

I just found out that the new Princess ships don't have the Sky Lounge equivalent area.  I guess only new HAL ships for me and older Celebrity and Princess ships.

Oh you're talking about the current E class ships not having a Sky Lounge. Got it. We currently don't have any plans to cruise on the E class ships for other reasons.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Argo. said:

The officer interaction is almost non existent now...

Captain Pagonis, what a great guy.  But, there is still some great officers that are very friendly on Celebrity.  🙂

• Like 1

I miss being treated as a valued guest.  I miss the great service. 
I miss the original Celebrity cruise before it was sold to RCL. 
.  Reading the posts on this thread, it makes me wonder why so many people keep sailing on Celebrity.  In trying to keep prices low with increasing costs, Celebrity has changed.  Cutbacks have reached new lows.  Fighting to get a plastic shower cap on my last Celebrity cruise was the end. 

• Like 1

We used to spend time in suite lounge sitting and talking to suite concierge on the s class ships.  The redo has given them a podium.  Not easy to stand and make reservations and discuss other issues.  Also not comfortable for concierge either.  Makes you feel rushed bring back desk and chairs

• Like 1

My first cruise with Celebrity was on the Horizon in 1993, with a few more in the '90s and my last was on the Infinity in 2005.   Sailing on the Equinox in 3 weeks.   Can't wait to see the difference between now and then.

44 minutes ago, DUC950 said:

My first cruise with Celebrity was on the Horizon in 1993, with a few more in the '90s and my last was on the Infinity in 2005.   Sailing on the Equinox in 3 weeks.   Can't wait to see the difference between now and then.

I would be very interested in knowing what your observations and reactions are.  I hope you post something upon your return.

Edited by mahdnc

We always loved a small bowl filled with peanut m and m’s and other candies from the ice cream sundae topping station. We’d share it on the balcony or in the theater. Just a handful each, but a treat we never had a home. It’s easy enough to bring our own, but we enjoyed it when Celebrity provided it.

3 hours ago, Dunmore2 said:

We always loved a small bowl filled with peanut m and m’s and other candies from the ice cream sundae topping station. We’d share it on the balcony or in the theater. Just a handful each, but a treat we never had a home. It’s easy enough to bring our own, but we enjoyed it when Celebrity provided it.

The Summit had them at the ice cream station in the buffet area on our September 2019 cruise. I kept a wine glass full of the M&Ms in our stateroom. 

Edited by davekathy

4 minutes ago, Dunmore2 said:

You made my day, thanks. I haven’t seen them for a few years on Celebrity.

Not to worry, we aren’t suffering. We just polished off a small bag at home today.

Hope to see the M&Ms again on our March/April B2B cruise on the Summit. Yum. 

• Like 1

Have you ever met a celebrity on board? On our last pacific cruise we had some comic on board.. I didnt know his name before he started celebrating his bday with cocktails to all ladies by the pool. I wonder how often these occasions take place 

2 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Have you ever met a celebrity on board? On our last pacific cruise we had some comic on board.. I didnt know his name before he started celebrating his bday with cocktails to all ladies by the pool. I wonder how often these occasions take place 

Yes, Rick Steeves was on our last cruise.  He was very personable.  

On 4/29/2019 at 3:53 PM, Stateroom_Sailor said:

Fresh Vegetables variety.  I don't know if Eclipse has just had low stock, but you have to scrounge to find tidbits of broccoli or asparagus.  In BLU we were lucky (and excited) to find even a garnish worth.  Peas, carrots, beats, and corn are more abundance.

The last night of our cruise they added 2 sections of frozen mixed veggies. Bon Appetit!

I was just on the Infinity and ate at Blu. I remarked to my husband that I got more asparagus on my plate at breakfast than I did on my plate at dinner. 

St. Louis Sal

• Haha 1

Things I miss: 

Bistro on 5 (Sushi on 5 doesn't cut it for me),

tableside muesli in Blu (supposedly a casualty of food safety regulations regarding carpets??)

skinny breadsticks in Blu

daily flavored tea in Aqua cabins (DH hates them, but I like them).

I'm probably missing a few things, but this is all I can think of right now.

St. Louis Sal