Cruise Critic Community
aquashores

Serenity Embarkation Day lunch

First time on Crystal, will be embarking in Rome on May 11.. can anyone kindly advise re lunch on embarkation day.. Are the specialty dining restaurants only  open in the evenings.? is room service available for lunch on this day or should we eat in the main dining room?

many  thanks

Prego and Umi Uma, the specialty restaurants are not open for lunch any day - including embarkation. Waterside (previously the Crystal Dining Room) is open for lunch including embarkation day. Another option is the Trident Grill 

I don’t believe Room Service is available for lunch - given that access to rooms is not officially avIlable until 3pm - although they are often available earlier 

From what I remember from our last embarkation day, Silk (the sort-of Chinese, sort-of specialty restaurant) should also be open for lunch.

My recommendation is Waterside - so nice to have a nice leisurely lunch after boarding the ship!

Cobb Salad with Champagne in Waterside for sure.

Posted (edited)

From the most recent embarkation day Reflections in Athens on Crystal Serenity - so several choices including the Marketplace and Silk 

If you are already onboard and have your room available then you can order room service for lunch - but wouldn’t you want to get out there and enjoy the ship?

E48BE928-24B4-439A-BE1F-41561EB727F3.jpeg

Edited by Stickman1990

As many can fly in or drive in the same day I would say Waterside not an option. Silk and the Grill are. The first time I saw the shipmI was so busy with people coming to my door or seeing the ship my butler came with lunch. I gave up when I sat somewhere and order salad and it came swimming in dressing, so back to cabin for lunch.

As you see from the reflections many venues are open.

If you want something quick then Marketplace or the Trident Grill are the way to go.  Just keep in mind that if you have carry on luggage with you and don't want to check it (we don't because we have medicines and valuables in it) if you go to one of these venues you would be taking your luggage with you and they don't offer table service.  Silk does have table service but doesn't open until 1:00 PM.

When you first get on the ship you will check in at tables that are located within steps of Waterside so to me it is very easy to check in and then proceed a few steps to Waterside where you can have lunch and enjoy table service with lots of choices.

I am including the menu from Waterside from yesterday which was embarkation day so you can get a feel as to the lunch which will be offered the day you board.  If not the same it will be pretty close.

WATERSIDELUNCH.pdf 

You will be able to board very close to Noon (sometimes right at noon and other times a little earlier or a little later) and Waterside is usually open at 11:45 AM for this reason whereas on most other days it is 12:00 Noon.

If you were arriving to the ship late (I wouldn't recommend it) you could have room service once your room is ready. While they say 3:00 PM we have been on since December and on all of the cruises by 2:00 PM an announcement has been made that all rooms are ready for occupancy.

Keith

Thank you all for your replies! I'm thinking that Waterside might be the best fit for us..Can't wait!!

Keith my very first cruise imchecked in  deckm5 forward. Was even taken to cabin. That was about 1230 or so. By the time the butler and room attendant showed up I was hungry. But walked around abd ended up at then Tastes.

thus year Imarrived abd checked in..no one took me to the cabin. Walked in abd just sat there waiting fir the Butler to arrive. Think my suitcases beat him. By the time drill came I was unpacked. Two days later everything had a home.