Equinox Revolution

Islandbuoy

Just off the Equinox.

Just wondering about the shortcuts they will now be taking on the update. With the broken crane in freeport-they are having the work done in Spain. With 14 days of travel time , how on earth will they ever get it all done?The time available for redo is cut in half!

Also wondering where the OP saw Equinox was going to Spain for the Revolution. Considering the material is here, either in Florida or the Bahamas it would be a logistical nightmare that could not be completed. I think I saw that the RC ship moved to Spain to complete the work that was interrupted by the broken crane. Maybe that is what the OP saw.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Also wondering where the OP saw Equinox was going to Spain for the Revolution. Considering the material is here, either in Florida or the Bahamas it would be a logistical nightmare that could not be completed. I think I saw that the RC ship moved to Spain to complete the work that was interrupted by the broken crane. Maybe that is what the OP saw.

Just off Equinox and can confirm. The accident with Oasis was at the docks they planned to use for refit and now they instead have to sail to Spain leaving only 2 weeks for refit instead of the planned month. They are drastically reducing their plans for refit and only hitting important stuff first, such as changing Fusion, and converting part of sky lounge to suites. They aren’t sure there will be enough time refit all cabins. 

2 hours ago, Rominesh said:

Just off Equinox and can confirm. The accident with Oasis was at the docks they planned to use for refit and now they instead have to sail to Spain leaving only 2 weeks for refit instead of the planned month. They are drastically reducing their plans for refit and only hitting important stuff first, such as changing Fusion, and converting part of sky lounge to suites. They aren’t sure there will be enough time refit all cabins. 

Whoa wait, so they're going to do half the job??? That makes NO sense... We are on in September and hoped everything would be good to go.

Edited by Greenymac
  • Like 2

Refreshing of the cabins can be done while at sea.  Not ideal, perhaps, but much of that is done by the crew who are not serving guests (since there aren't any...) and would be done by them anyway in drydock no matter where it is.  They certainly aren't going to waste all those days...EM

39 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Refreshing of the cabins can be done while at sea.  Not ideal, perhaps, but much of that is done by the crew who are not serving guests (since there aren't any...) and would be done by them anyway in drydock no matter where it is.  They certainly aren't going to waste all those days...EM

Hadn't thought of that (cabin refresh en route so to speak) and that would be a good use of transit time. Sure hope you are right!

1 hour ago, Greenymac said:

Whoa wait, so they're going to do half the job??? That makes NO sense... We are on in September and hoped everything would be good to go.

The Oasis accident *really* messed up their timetables. There isn't much they can do about it; they have scheduled cruises and I'm sure they'd rather not cancel those.

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

It was implied, but not directly said (so take with a grain of salt), that a good deal of the equipment and furnishings were already in place at Freeport in preparation for the refit with little time and resources to get it all to Spain. It definitely sounded like, however, they are hoping to get some cabins refreshed, but are very uncertain how many will get done in time for the next sailing.

1 hour ago, X2tgibso said:

Hoping this is not correct, we sail in June and was looking forward to the Retreat upgrades.

From talking with the officers it seemed like they hoped to do the Retreat upgrades at the very least. They are very uncertain right now of exactly what they are going to have time to complete, but the added suites via the Sky Lounge conversion and the change of Silk Harvest to the new restaurant also sounded like a certainty.

• Like 1

Equinox is already a great looking ship being in the Solstice class so I'm surprised that it's one of the ships going through the Revolution and/or being done at all. Constellation and those in the Millenium class should have been the first to be done IMO as they are definitely more dated...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Greenymac said:

2 hours ago, X2tgibso said:

Hoping this is not correct, we sail in June and was looking forward to the Retreat upgrades.

2 hours ago, Angeltyker26 said:

Seriously BUMMED!!  We're on Equinox in December and I was really looking forward to a refreshed cabin!!

Agreed. I booked what was advertised as a Revolutionized Ship for February. I had debated switching to Edge, but was staying with Equinox for a couple of reasons but the Revolutionizing was a big part. Now I might as well switch to a legit new ship rather than a fake “we only did a little that only the 1% will see” refit. 😞  Or better yet, take my business to another line.

I think they will end up making a LOT more people upset by only doing a portion of the promised stuff than they would by cancelling cruises. That would be a couple of weeks’ worth (and a risk you know you take when you book the first few cruises out of drydock) of people, true. But look at the months of people after who were promised a fully Revolutionized ship who aren’t getting it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Agreed. I booked what was advertised as a Revolutionized Ship for February. I had debated switching to Edge, but was staying with Equinox for a couple of reasons but the Revolutionizing was a big part. Now I might as well switch to a legit new ship rather than a fake “we only did a little that only the 1% will see” refit. 😞  Or better yet, take my business to another line.

I think they will end up making a LOT more people upset by only doing a portion of the promised stuff than they would by cancelling cruises. That would be a couple of weeks’ worth (and a risk you know you take when you book the first few cruises out of drydock) of people, true. But look at the months of people after who were promised a fully Revolutionized ship who aren’t getting it. 

Not really bothered in truth. We sail in September and are more than happy with things as they are.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rominesh said:

The Oasis accident *really* messed up their timetables. There isn't much they can do about it; they have scheduled cruises and I'm sure they'd rather not cancel those.

It was implied, but not directly said (so take with a grain of salt), that a good deal of the equipment and furnishings were already in place at Freeport in preparation for the refit with little time and resources to get it all to Spain. It definitely sounded like, however, they are hoping to get some cabins refreshed, but are very uncertain how many will get done in time for the next sailing.

From talking with the officers it seemed like they hoped to do the Retreat upgrades at the very least. They are very uncertain right now of exactly what they are going to have time to complete, but the added suites via the Sky Lounge conversion and the change of Silk Harvest to the new restaurant also sounded like a certainty.

There would be revenue issues if the suites were not added or other suites amenities left undone..

Folks who paid for a redone cabin/ bathroom should get a big refund or  chance to move their cruise  with no penalty.  

Yes, it was an accident but cruisers should not bear the consequences of someones elses making...

Hope it works out.  Our friends are booked.. but not sure when

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, hcat said:

There would be revenue issues if the suites were not added or other suites amenities left undone..

Folks who paid for a redone cabin/ bathroom should get a big refund or  chance to move their cruise  with no penalty.  

Yes, it was an accident but cruisers should not bear the consequences of someones elses making...

Hope it works out.  Our friends are booked.. but not sure when

No one has paid extra for the redone cabins, the prices never changed. 

3 minutes ago, yorky said:

We may not have paid extra, but some of us chose this ship based on the promised Revolutionizing of it. Now that that is not going to happen and only the priciest cabins are going to be redone (and there are more than a few reviews out there that indicate they have been letting other things slide because of the upcoming Revolution), we are not going to be getting what was promised. This is not the same as changing ports. This is not delivering on the promised Revolutionized accommodations.

5 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

We may not have paid extra, but some of us chose this ship based on the promised Revolutionizing of it. Now that that is not going to happen and only the priciest cabins are going to be redone (and there are more than a few reviews out there that indicate they have been letting other things slide because of the upcoming Revolution), we are not going to be getting what was promised. This is not the same as changing ports. This is not delivering on the promised Revolutionized accommodations.

I’m sure the ship will be up to the usual Celebrity standards.

1 minute ago, ipeeinthepool said:

That’s encouraging 😉

Hey, we are not worried. We live in a compo world where everyone seems to want an excuse to receive something. Years ago accidents happened and you never gave it a second thought and just accepted that was part of life. Then came the ambulance chasers and it’s now claim for this, claim for that and it’s a “you are owed society”. 

The cruise will still be wonderful and we will enjoy it as always, will there be a few marks on the balcony or a stain on the odd chair, probably but who cares.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

This is true.  I spoke with a waiter in Tuscan Grill who said he was going to still be on board working during the refit.

1 hour ago, yorky said:

Interesting...our Summit cruise post refurb was fairly pricey compared to similar but not identical itin in the past.

At least it is Equinox, an S Class ship in very good shape to begin with....it is one of our favorites....