Equinox Revolution

Islandbuoy

17 hours ago, yorky said:

Thing is I don’t  think the revolution does look modern, it’s a dated rehash done very badly that I believe people will become tired of pretty quickly. It also sounds like in many areas it’s form over function, where you are supposed to be happy to sit uncomfortably in something badly designed because it looks nice. There  are far better examples of classy interiors in some hotels around the world.

Yorky,

You are entitled to express your opinion here and thank you for expressing it.  I think that you have not yet cruised Edge from what I surmise from your other posts.  Maybe you have not cruised a refurbished ship like Millennium or Summit either(?).  You are judging them from pictures and comments by others.  At least IMO, no way is Edge or the renovated ships "a dated rehash done very badly".  Far from it.   Edge is quite striking- that is the impression I got when I first boarded her.  Yeah there is some uncomfortable furniture that I came across.  I did not like the hard sofa in my cabin.  But I think perhaps you might want to step onto Edge or Summit or Millennium and see what your actual impression is before you really "miss the boat".  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Yorky,

You are entitled to express your opinion here and thank you for expressing it.  I think that you have not yet cruised Edge from what I surmise from your other posts.  Maybe you have not cruised a refurbished ship like Millennium or Summit either(?).  You are judging them from pictures and comments by others.  At least IMO, no way is Edge or the renovated ships "a dated rehash done very badly".  Far from it.   Edge is quite striking- that is the impression I got when I first boarded her.  Yeah there is some uncomfortable furniture that I came across.  I did not like the hard sofa in my cabin.  But I think perhaps you might want to step onto Edge or Summit or Millennium and see what your actual impression is before you really "miss the boat".  

I’m of course on the Equinox in September but the revolution has been scaled back, I will though I think see the refurbished cabin as a minimum. We plan to sail on an M class after this but the Edge is not for us as we like a traditional veranda. By the way we both LOVE you dog, we really miss our Spaniel Libby since she passed away.

34 minutes ago, yorky said:

I’m of course on the Equinox in September but the revolution has been scaled back, I will though I think see the refurbished cabin as a minimum. We plan to sail on an M class after this but the Edge is not for us as we like a traditional veranda. By the way we both LOVE you dog, we really miss our Spaniel Libby since she passed away.

Thanks!  Our pup is a wheaten terrier.  Just a year old. Sorry about Libby.  They are all family members!  Our next two cruises are on non-refurbished S-Class (Eclipse and Reflection).  We will truly enjoy either way.

1 hour ago, yorky said:

I got a call from Celebrity about this scale back. I was informed that they will not be putting any new cabins and I would have to pick another cabin. I had picked a cabin (for my August 2020 cruise) that was yet to be constructed and was showing available on the post refurbish deck plans.

And to those who frequent both social media and CC and are really so nit picky🙄 about whether it is via email, messaging or phone call....in my case, it was a phone call from Celebrity, relating the problem and asking me to call back to pick a different cabin. Received on May 1. Original cabin booked was one of the new insides on deck 9.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

I spoke to our CVP Friday and we talked about the Equinox.  She said she is having to deal with several guests who were booked into the Reflection Suite and now has to find either another ship for them or an Equinox sailing with a PH available that fits their vacation schedule.  I think she was having a bad week.

10 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I spoke to our CVP Friday and we talked about the Equinox.  She said she is having to deal with several guests who were booked into the Reflection Suite and now has to find either another ship for them or an Equinox sailing with a PH available that fits their vacation schedule.  I think she was having a bad week.

The CVP is not having as bad of a week as the people who must now find a new plan for their vacation.

5 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

The CVP is not having as bad of a week as the people who must now find a new plan for their vacation.

True

2 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

According to MarineTraffic the Equinox has slowed to 15 knots, it looks like they are in no hurry to get to Cadiz.

I wonder if they have to wait for another ship to leave the dry dock.

4 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I wonder if they have to wait for another ship to leave the dry dock.

I'm not sure. The World, the Seaborn Ovation and a Costa ship are in the shipyard but the dry dock that was used for the Oasis repair appears to be empty.  Perhaps it's a staffing issue.

At this point, I do not care what they do to the ship. We are sailing on it the 22nd of June and are very anxious to get on it. The reviews before this were excellent and i am sure whatever they do they will still be excellent. At least I certainly hope so. Did the Reflection Apr 1st and was told the Equinox is even better. We loved the Reflection.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Technically the Penthouse would be a downgrade. Wonder if they are giving thousands of $$$ of OBC in addition ???

We enjoyed our Edge sailing and chose the Equinox in 2020 because it was being Edge-ified. We also paid a premium booking a Sky Suite because the stateroom was supposed to be completely renovated. Realize this is not really Celebrity's fault but it is disappointing that many of the refurbishments on the ship will not happen. We will very likely cancel as we will not be getting what we paid for and were looking forward too. 

Seems they jumped the gun by advertising and selling cabins that were not yet completed...and now will not exist. 

Also looks like they  jumped the gun on the  AQ cabins added to M Class that are not very good and I believe are  being re- classified 

Hope everyone finds a good substitute for their vacation...

X should not sell bookings until these cabins actually exist!   I know they do it all the time for new builds but these were retrofitted projects which  sound more iffy!  Once they monkey around with original layout stuff can go wrong!

Edited by hcat

46 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

Technically the Penthouse would be a downgrade. Wonder if they are giving thousands of $$$ of OBC in addition ???

Yes, the PH is a down grade but also a lesser price.  Once you sail at this level how much $$$ of OBC can you spend, especially if it is non refundable.  I would hope for a nice future cruise credit at minimum.  I've seen other posts where guests booked in the Signature Suites were given no charge upgrades to the RS, which is an upgrade.

21 minutes ago, hcat said:

Seems they jumped the gun by advertising and selling cabins that were not yet completed...and now will not exist. 

Also looks like they  jumped the gun on the  AQ cabins added to M Class that are not very good and I believe are  being re- classified 

Hope everyone finds a good substitute for their vacation...

X should not sell bookings until these cabins actually exist!   I know they do it all the time for new builds but these were retrofitted projects which  sound more iffy!  Once they monkey around with original layout stuff can go wrong!

How on earth could they have predicted that there would be a major accident in the dry dock rendering it unusable? The Equinox was supposed to be revolutionized in Freeport, not Cadiz. Its only due to the accident with the crane that they are doing the scramble.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

How on earth could they have predicted that there would be a major accident in the dry dock rendering it unusable? The Equinox was supposed to be revolutionized in Freeport, not Cadiz. Its only due to the accident with the crane that they are doing the scramble.

No accident on Summit...the new AQ cabins are a failure, are beung re classified  and causing a scramble from what I have been reading. 

46 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

So what's the issue?  I haven't seen anything

From what I have been able to gather from several posts it is one or two issues:

1). The cabins that are located under Cosmos on Deck 11 are having major issues with noise and vibrations from the music. 

2). Blue has been significuantly impacted by the addition of 26 guests trying to eat dinner, resulting in long waits. 

Again, this is hearsay based on posts I have read. The cabins have been reclassified as 2C. 

Edited by RICCruisers

5 minutes ago, RICCruisers said:

From what I have been able to gather from several posts it is one or two issues:

1). The cabins that are located under the bar on Deck 11 are having major issues with noise and vibrations from the music. 

2). Blue has been significuantly impacted by the addition of 26 guests trying to eat dinner, resulting in long waits. 

Again, this is hearsay based on posts I have read. The cabins have been reclassified as 2C. 

Thanks, maybe there was a reason they didn't have cabins under the bar in the original design.  I guess they can re-classify the cabins, but that doesn't solve the noise problem. It seems like someone could have projected the effect of more cabins on Blu.

Edge, Apex and all the upcoming sister are not my list of ships I want to sail in the near future! They just don´t appeal to me!

I gather most people love them-so everything is fine- as long as there other options like M- and S- Class around!

2 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Thanks, maybe there was a reason they didn't have cabins under the bar in the original design.  I guess they can re-classify the cabins, but that doesn't solve the noise problem. It seems like someone could have projected the effect of more cabins on Blu.

I agree with the comment about Blu. I’m not sure how many Aqua cabins are on the M Class ships, but adding 13 Cabins (26 guests) really seems like a lot. 

The area that the cabins were added was previously part of the salon where they cut hair or did manicures, they were not cabins. My guess is that X felt like they could add more Aqua Cabins in an UNDESIRABLE  location where guests would pay a premium simply for dining in Blu and the use of the Persian Gardens. If you check the Aqua Cabins on all of the X Ships, Aqua Cabins are almost always in poor locations. They are usually under the pool, Buffet or have some issue that would be considered a negative for most cruisers. I’m sure someone got a bonus for coming up with the idea of creating “Aqua” where guests would pay more than a standard balcony cabin in a bad location and all we have to do is cut out a chunk of the MDR and call it Blu where those guests can eat like in a Specialty Restaurant.