Equinox Revolution

Islandbuoy

32 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

This was an email that a guest received and posted on FB, Celebrity Equinox page.

She made it sound like an email but then admitted she had messaged them on FB and that was the response she had gotten. Only after multiple people said they had not gotten such an email.

The Equinox was docked beside my MSC Cruise ship in 3 places on it's last cruise (well, around the corner in St.Thomas)....it could use a refresh on the outside for sure, hull paint was dull in many places.  I was hoping they would get to all the cabins, as the Bride and I are sailing her on 9/23 for the 11 day Southern Caribbean.  Hump Balcony, deck 9.  Not sure what now, if any changes will be made to the cabins in that area. Hopefully at least new soft goods, etc...

Edited by PTC DAWG

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

In all fairness, she said "message".  I took it to mean an email.  

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

True. I think we all took it to mean email. 

As did I.  I thought she asked a specific question about concierge cabins hence the response.

Let’s hope the new balcony furniture is not like the furniture in the Edge IV’s. We like having breakfast on our balcony which is not practical on the small tables that sit low to the ground on Edge. 

1 hour ago, RICCruisers said:

Let’s hope the new balcony furniture is not like the furniture in the Edge IV’s. We like having breakfast on our balcony which is not practical on the small tables that sit low to the ground on Edge. 

Hopefully not.  That kiddie furniture on the Edge would look silly on the larger Equinox balconies.

Just looked at the before and after pictures from the X- website - very interessting- for the life of me I can´t warm to the concept- this wonderful Michael Club- even tough no longer for all passengers- what a great cozy room- BEFORE- and after- bland, cold! Same goes for some parts of the suites! Elegant- not in my book!

On 5/5/2019 at 8:33 PM, 1025cruise said:

The refurb will be going on until the day it docks back in Florida

You’ll probably find it goes on much longer than that - as did Millie’s according to posts on CC - especially with all the changes to the original plans.

8 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Just looked at the before and after pictures from the X- website - very interessting- for the life of me I can´t warm to the concept- this wonderful Michael Club- even tough no longer for all passengers- what a great cozy room- BEFORE- and after- bland, cold! Same goes for some parts of the suites! Elegant- not in my book!

Yep, bland is the key word. They have managed to remove most of the colour and character and replace it with something that looks like the 1970s gone bad.

10 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

We were in the Retreat Lounge on the Summit.  We never used it.  The longest time we spent there was for debarkation since we had a late flight.  Stopped in there once to grab some waters before an excursion and another time after an excursion to grab a beer.  Gone is the intimate, cozy and relaxing atmosphere I liked.  It wasn't a place I felt comfortable and wanted to be in.  It was not inviting at all.  The furniture was odd and uncomfortable too.  Table heights very low and not enough room to begin with, and they put all of these decorative pieces on them.  The SClass renderings look the same. 

Before we would go to Michaels Club and read, chat with other passengers or just enjoy some quiet and have a drink.  It does not scream that to me know. 

On 5/9/2019 at 10:05 PM, Germancruiser said:

Interesting.  Michael's Club on M-Class used to be a cigar lounge once in it's lifetime.  On un-refurbished ships, it still looks that way to me with the stodgy old furniture and wooden walls.  Like an old library.  Some have described it as a "stuffy old men's club" atmosphere.  That was 1960's gone bad.  I am one person, perhaps in the minority here, that likes the refreshed modern look and furniture.  To each his own of course!

Edited by TeeRick
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I like the new look too, just hope the chairs are comfortable.  The old furniture was always too deep for me to sit comfortably.

Often wondered what the thought process was on cruise ships that deal with an older clientele yet don't offer the raised seating options at various venues and in the cabins instead of making us struggle to get in and out of the chairs?  My make believe hips talk to me after one of those adventures.

Skip 

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Interesting.  Michael's Club on M-Class used to be a cigar lounge once in it's lifetime.  On un-refurbished ships, it still looks that way to me with the stodgy old furniture and wooden walls.  Like an old library.  Some have described it as a "stuffy old men's club" atmosphere.  That was 1960's gone bad.  I am one person, perhaps in the minority here, that likes the refreshed modern look and furniture.  To each his own of course!

Thing is I don’t  think the revolution does look modern, it’s a dated rehash done very badly that I believe people will become tired of pretty quickly. It also sounds like in many areas it’s form over function, where you are supposed to be happy to sit uncomfortably in something badly designed because it looks nice. There  are far better examples of classy interiors in some hotels around the world.

Edited by yorky