Epic Haven - any tips?

rachiem

Hi, we are off in 3 weeks time and this will be our first Haven experience and we want to get the most from it.

Does anyone have any useful tips?

Would you bother with breakfast in the Haven or can we have room service if we are in a hurry?

We have booked 6 speciality restaurants on our 7 day cruise but if the Haven restaurant is really good, we could skip a few?

Can we have lunch around the pool or in posh or do we have to leave to go to the buffet?

Any tips/help would be great 

Room service is great for busy port days, just write in whatever you’d like in the breakfast card. But breakfast in the Haven is not to be missed-make sure you get there at least on a sea day! Yes, you can skip some specialty restaurants, just be sure to cancel so someone else can have your spot. Haven dinner is very good! You can also have lunch in the Haven. There is a full menu in the restaurant or you can eat by the pool or in the covered grill area by the bar. They’ll probably serve it in Posh, but I can’t confirm because we didn’t use Posh. The outdoor menu is different from the restaurant menu-burger, hotdog, a few wraps, fries, onion rings-but I’d prefer that to braving the buffet!

That's great, thank you. We don't really like the buffet, so a wrap from the outdoor menu would be ideal for us.

We have the first evening free of any speciality restaurants, so we can try the Haven restaurant first. 

Our first ever cruise was on the Epic in an inside cabin and we loved it, so very excited to try Haven!

• Like 1

The Epic Haven is fantastic especially Posh.  The Haven restaurant is just steps away from your cabin.  Unless for some reason you want to eat in your cabin, I like the restaurant.  Great views, great people, and a great way to start the morning.  Its great to sit there and look at the port you just arrived in while eating breakfast.

Probably should spell out how you define "quick".  I'll also be sailing on the Epic soon for the first time, I was told the quickest place to get breakfast is O'Sheehan's which has both a menu sit down and a small buffet with omelette station.

We were in a haven spa suite and it isn’t located in the haven area. The spa jacuzzi tub in the room takes up a lot of space and I don’t believe we had a table and chairs in the room. When we ordered room service the butler put our tray on our vanity tabletop I think. We only did room service a couple of times for breakfast when we had early morning excursions. 

You can also order pizza when you’re hanging out in the haven area from your butler. My husband said the pizza was “ok” but better than what’s available in the buffet. And the haven bar and lounge is awesome. We enjoyed hanging out there in the evenings. A nice relaxing time after busy port days.

35 minutes ago, CaliMom05 said:

We were in a haven spa suite and it isn’t located in the haven area. The spa jacuzzi tub in the room takes up a lot of space and I don’t believe we had a table and chairs in the room. When we ordered room service the butler put our tray on our vanity tabletop I think. We only did room service a couple of times for breakfast when we had early morning excursions. 

You can also order pizza when you’re hanging out in the haven area from your butler. My husband said the pizza was “ok” but better than what’s available in the buffet. And the haven bar and lounge is awesome. We enjoyed hanging out there in the evenings. A nice relaxing time after busy port days.

Thank you...really helpful. 

Is there any live music in the Haven areas in the evening? We loved the guitarist on our last cruise in the main bar but found it hard to get a seat.

• 3 months later...

Same here!  We are booked on the Epic in a 2 bedroom haven suite Feb 2020.  We have never splurged for the Haven before.  Anyone have any other tips and bonuses you particularly enjoy about Epic Haven?  OP how was your first Haven experience?