Buying deluxe alcohol package onboard for only one person in room...

For anyone onboard now or recently... have you been able to buy an alcohol package (ie the expensive one) for just yourself if your spouse/stateroom partner isn't getting any package at all?

Thanks

Adam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, ozziebound said:

For anyone onboard now or recently... have you been able to buy an alcohol package (ie the expensive one) for just yourself if your spouse/stateroom partner isn't getting any package at all?

Thanks

Adam

You cannot do this online, but if you call, they will allow you to book one deluxe package and one refreshment package.

You cannot do this online, but if you call, they will allow you to book one deluxe package and one refreshment package.

Yeah I know
I called and they offered me that but my wife doesn't even want the refreshment package. Just a bunch of calories from juice and sodas that she'll feel like she needs to order because we paid for it.

I'd like to find a bartender onboard will will sell me the deluxe package without requiring her to get any package.

Possible?

4 minutes ago, ozziebound said:

Yeah I know
I called and they offered me that but my wife doesn't even want the refreshment package. Just a bunch of calories from juice and sodas that she'll feel like she needs to order because we paid for it.

I'd like to find a bartender onboard will will sell me the deluxe package without requiring her to get any package.

Possible?

Highly unlikely.

8 minutes ago, ozziebound said:

Possible?

Even if you could, financially, you might be better off buying a Deluxe+Refreshment pre-cruise than one Deluxe on board.

Even if you could, financially, you might be better off buying a Deluxe+Refreshment pre-cruise than one Deluxe on board.

Oh hmmmm what's the difference often between pre order online and buying onboard?
Cheapest I've seen for my sailing is 47usd for deluxe (plus 18% gratuity right?).
Right now it's 49.

The refreshment package is $26.
Do you think the deluxe package will be $75 onboard?

Also she doesn't drink coffee and tea so it'll really just be mocktails and water really...

Anyone have recent deluxe prices onboard?

5 minutes ago, ozziebound said:

Do you think the deluxe package will be $75 onboard?

Maybe not that high but I've heard of $70 and again, you are taking the chance that anynoe will sell you that alone. I've seen reports of low $40s for Deluxe and low $20 for refreshment pre cruise. Some of this may also depend on your drinking pattern - you'd have to drink on avg at least 5 drinks per day to be better off with a package.

Edited by Biker19

25 minutes ago, ozziebound said:

Possible?

If so, the next place you would most likely see the bartender will be in the customs debarkation line with you carrying all of their personal belongings OR at the airport awaiting their flight back home to Malaysia or the Philippines (at their expense)

If so, the next place you would most likely see the bartender will be in the customs debarkation line with you carrying all of their personal belongings OR at the airport awaiting their flight back home to Malaysia or the Philippines (at their expense)

Hmmm I didn't realize it was that forbidden!

IMHO, with the rules that all adults must have the drink package, the fact that you are able to get the refreshment package by calling is a wonderful thing. 

I know... But it's an eleven night cruise so it's $337.48 for drinks she doesn't really want or need!

11 minutes ago, ozziebound said:

I know... But it's an eleven night cruise so it's $337.48 for drinks she doesn't really want or need!

Perhaps you need to do some serious math. How much a day would you spend for your own drinks if you were buying them individually - that should give you a ballpark figure.  Does your wife drink soda or bottled water - those are included with the refreshment package.  

I was on Anthem 4/13 to 4/20 and I was offered the drink package for myself at $66 a day. My wife doesn't drink and the waiter was going to allow just me to purchase the drink package. With the deal they were offering on board, it worked out to be priced similarly to the pre-cruise price. Your best bet is to ask when you board.

2 hours ago, SC Cruiser69 said:

I was on Anthem 4/13 to 4/20 and I was offered the drink package for myself at $66 a day. My wife doesn't drink and the waiter was going to allow just me to purchase the drink package. With the deal they were offering on board, it worked out to be priced similarly to the pre-cruise price. Your best bet is to ask when you board.

Hmmm so they can offer it to individuals without getting fired.. ;)

when you say 66 was similar to precruise do you mean 66 included the 18% gratuity? 

Now I’m torn between wait or buy now!

2 hours ago, sailor05 said:

With the refreshment package she can also get specialty coffees and smoothies from Vitality if there's one onboard.

‘Thanks 

she does like smoothies 

not sure if vitality is on ovation. Is it in the vitality spa? Looks like sunshine bar had smoothies in the solarium and I imagine those would be covered by refreshment package. 

1 hour ago, ozziebound said:

Hmmm so they can offer it to individuals without getting fired.. ;)

when you say 66 was similar to precruise do you mean 66 included the 18% gratuity? 

Now I’m torn between wait or buy now!

The price never includes the gratuity. If the onboard price is $66 then add 18% to that.

5 hours ago, ozziebound said:

Then perhaps it might be best to skip the beverage package and just buy a la carte.

4 hours ago, SC Cruiser69 said:

At the end of the day when the sales for the day are reconciled, it's possible someone would have noticed that there was only one package purchased vs two and added the beverage package for your wife at that time.  Some of the crew would say anything for a sale and to meet a quota.  

My wife has the deluxe drink package and I purchased the refreshment package for myself for $17 a day. I don't drink the sweet mock-tails or carbonated soft drinks except for sparkling water. These ships are getting too big and I didn't want to have to run to  WJ  every time I wanted a drink.   For $17 the refreshment package will work for me just for convenience . My wife will drink Bloody Mary's in the morning, cocktails in the afternoon and wine with her meals. I will buy the occasional alcoholic beverage as I go along. If the refreshment package wasn't so cheap I would have gone ahead and ordered two deluxe packages.  In your case it sounds like you would be better off taking the money that you would have spent on a deluxe package and pay as you go.

19 minutes ago, crusinthrough said:

At the end of the day when the sales for the day are reconciled, it's possible someone would have noticed that there was only one package purchased vs two and added the beverage package for your wife at that time.  Some of the crew would say anything for a sale and to meet a quota.  

I highly doubt it. You give Royal Caribbean too much credit.  The other day I was able to book the Key for one person in the room. I didn't complete the sale. I just wanted to see if it could be done because I read about it on another thread.

The thing is Ozzie that a few years ago it was possible for just one person in a stateroom to buy the drinks package. Unfortunately greedy people used that fact to share with their spouses and they f****d it up for everyone else.