Concierge class: Embarkation day info + pics

fstuff1

IMG_20190428_144731512.thumb.jpg.7190ff4acd277ea5e403f2f9e2de5121.jpg

IMG_20190428_145938983.thumb.jpg.4495cabc9cda954cf74da69157616ba9.jpgjgjIMG_20190428_145931527.thumb.jpg.bacc19035af9f037efa7448268148415.jpg

IMG_20190428_144433462.thumb.jpg.9aaa0cc17d9b83688e57f5b744011e49.jpg

The concierge class embarkation lunch was nothing special.

it's the same menu as all other embarkation restaurants. it's just that the Cosmopolitan MDR was made private just for Concierge class people so you get a table quicker.

You also get daily canopies (snacks).

today was raw tuna, shrimp cocktail, an egg thingy, and some sort of sugar coated gelatin dessert.

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I thought that Celebrity was trying to go green by eliminating excessive useless paper.

How was the special Sail Away and private destinations seminar?  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

On 4/28/2019 at 3:55 PM, fstuff1 said:

IMG_20190428_144731512.thumb.jpg.7190ff4acd277ea5e403f2f9e2de5121.jpg

IMG_20190428_145938983.thumb.jpg.4495cabc9cda954cf74da69157616ba9.jpgjgjIMG_20190428_145931527.thumb.jpg.bacc19035af9f037efa7448268148415.jpg

IMG_20190428_144433462.thumb.jpg.9aaa0cc17d9b83688e57f5b744011e49.jpg

The concierge class embarkation lunch was nothing special.

it's the same menu as all other embarkation restaurants. it's just that the Cosmopolitan MDR was made private just for Concierge class people so you get a table quicker.

You also get daily canopies (snacks).

today was raw tuna, shrimp cocktail, an egg thingy, and some sort of sugar coated gelatin dessert.

We were in Concierge Class on the Summit last month.  Some of those canapes were very weird.  And some needed a cracker or tortilla chip or even fork or spoon, but none was given.  Who wants to eat a beet salad with their fingers?

12 minutes ago, bazand said:

If you don't like the canopies you can ask your room attendant for cheese and crackers instead I think it is a nicer option

This is what we plan to do when sailing concierge in November on Silhouette.  Wonder if they will bring some nice seasoned mixed nuts with it?

We just returned from Eclipse where we were upgraded to Concierge class. The heavier robes were nice, and we did enjoy the sparkling (or red,or white if you prefer) wine. The concierge called and left a message or two on our phone every day, mostly offering his services and such. We ate a couple of the snacks but otherwise most were left untouched (just didn't appeal to us). 

Gratuities for this class are also higher; not sure if people know this. 😊

23 hours ago, elaineb said:

We were in Concierge Class on the Summit last month.  Some of those canapes were very weird.  And some needed a cracker or tortilla chip or even fork or spoon, but none was given.  Who wants to eat a beet salad with their fingers?

We were in a C2 on the Silhouette TA last fall.  Couple of weeks.  The afternoon "canapes" got stranger and stranger; often they were not recognizable.   Much better to ask your cabin steward for cheese and crackers, or go get a plate yourself from the buffet. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bazand said:

If you don't like the canopies you can ask your room attendant for cheese and crackers instead I think it is a nicer option

Ad they don’t always provide them. We’ve asked a couple of times and have been refused.

OMG.....an actual printed pillow menu!!!!!

Has anyone ever taken advantage of the shoe shine perk?

Is there a current standard for delivering the canapes or cheese.  We have been on some cruises where they will only deliver if you are in the cabin and on others where they just put them in the cabin.

1 minute ago, ghstudio said:

Is there a current standard for delivering the canapes or cheese.  We have been on some cruises where they will only deliver if you are in the cabin and on others where they just put them in the cabin.

In November on the Silhouette, our steward would leave them in the cabin even if we were not there.   

46 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

Has anyone ever taken advantage of the shoe shine perk?

Yes - every cruise we go on, my husband has his nice shoes done.  There is a bag in the cabin, and each day he would put a different pair in there.  It worked out great for him!

1 hour ago, villauk said:

And they don’t always provide them [cheese and crackers]. We’ve asked a couple of times and have been refused.

Well there's a room steward who doesn't seem to want an extra tip!

Thank-you OP for posting! We are going to be on the Constellation in 20 days. Our 3rd X cruise, but our first experience in “CC”.

I really appreciate the pictures and detailed information regarding CC amenities. I can’t wait to live the experience! 

Thank you! 

15 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

Well there's a room steward who doesn't seem to want an extra tip!

I would agree with that! We always ask for a cheese plate, in place of the canapes (which do look better now, than a few years ago -- when they mostly consisted of soggy chips or crackers). We've never had a steward (or butler, if we were in a suite) refuse that request. If I got 'no' for an answer to such a simple request, I think that I would elevate the question, to someone in the Housekeeping or GR chain-of command.

On 4/29/2019 at 10:42 AM, Tourist1292 said:

We will be sailing in 10 days with Concierge. The snacks look a lot more appealing than I thought.

I think they've improved. They look much better than the daily treats we got in our Summit Sky suite 2 years ago. Several times we received mystery meat pate and stale crackers that weren't very appealing.  

Edited by bermadu22
add a thought

It seems that things have changed a bit since our last cruise last summer on the Eclipse to the British Isles...

Of which many are nice surprises:

- There was no sail away event

- There was no galley tour (I only noticed the chargeable ones from excursions)

(It's either we missed this welcome card; or it was actually handled differently...)

And do you mind sharing how the tote bag looks now?

We got two bags in the last cruise - a shopping bag type thing that broke before the end of the cruise, and a more sturdy one that looks like a boarding bag. But i read several months ago that they have done away with the good one...

Thank you!

15 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Btw- the champagne/sparkling wine can't be substituted for red or white wine 😞

Ssshhh!  Don't tell anyone but you can.  Just take it to Cellar Master's and ask to swap it for a red or white.  Our Concierge on the Solstice in January told us to do this when we told him that we didn't drink the sparkling but I did drink Rose.

• Thanks 1

The concierge extra offerings seem to vary by ship and concierge. We've been on both Equinox and Reflection in the past six months.

Sail-Away- Offered on both. On Reflection, bad weather cancelled the event and it wasn't rescheduled.

Cheese Tray - Had no trouble substituting on either ship.

Luncheon - Was great on both ships. So nice not to shlep luggage around the buffet with everyone else.

Galley Tour - Was offered on Equinox, was never offered or mentioned on Reflection.

Slot Tournament - Was never offered or mentioned on either ship. (No biggie, wouldn't have gone)

3 hours ago, Suzi66 said:

Ssshhh!  Don't tell anyone but you can.  Just take it to Cellar Master's and ask to swap it for a red or white.  Our Concierge on the Solstice in January told us to do this when we told him that we didn't drink the sparkling but I did drink Rose.

Thank you Suzi66!  Will give that a go on our upcoming July cruise on Reflection. And won’t tell a soul. 🤫