Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
welshiebeth

Drinks Package Limit - 15 ??

Recommended Posts

Good to know. Still, suppose it doesn’t change my thought on the topic. If it’s package to package, not a huge deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

No sharing. No. Sharing.

That is one reason why prices keep going up.

Edited by jwattle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, PMGS247 said:

Considering they force all adult cabin mates to purchase the package, I don’t hate the move of someone who has the package using a roommates who doesn’t max theirs out. If there’s a package to non-package flow of drinks in any way I’m right there with you, but for onesey/twosey package to package drink gifting, nbd as far as I’m concerned.

As others have said, this is untrue and I question why you would post it.  Have you ever sailed on Princess?  Have you ever had the Premium Beverage Package?  Or even read about it on the Princess website? 

Edited by capriccio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, PMGS247 said:

Considering they force all adult cabin mates to purchase the package, I don’t hate the move of someone who has the package using a roommates who doesn’t max theirs out. If there’s a package to non-package flow of drinks in any way I’m right there with you, but for onesey/twosey package to package drink gifting, nbd as far as I’m concerned.

Princess does not make all cabin mate buy the package. Other cruise lines do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was the waiter that suggested we use my travelling companions spare drinks, not me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez!  If I had 15 alcoholic drinks every day on a cruise my wife would have to ship me home in a plastic bag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, peteryan said:

Geez!  If I had 15 alcoholic drinks every day on a cruise my wife would have to ship me home in a plastic bag.

 

Of course I do know several folks who are pretty toasted after 1 or 2 glasses of wine or a couple of beers. People are different.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peteryan said:

Geez!  If I had 15 alcoholic drinks every day on a cruise my wife would have to ship me home in a plastic bag.

That's what I keep thinking.  How can a person every remember their cruise after that many drinks in a day?! :classic_blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

That's what I keep thinking.  How can a person every remember their cruise after that many drinks in a day?! :classic_blink:

I take lots of photos ... some blurry, some not. 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

That's what I keep thinking.  How can a person every remember their cruise after that many drinks in a day?! :classic_blink:

15 drinks over 15 hours ... lots of hydration ... bread ... walking ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

I take lots of photos ... some blurry, some not. 😉

 

That reminds me of the guy who took a photo for us on a free-beverage-package-vacation once.  Got home and the picture was super blurry.  I'm sure it looked just fine to him though...  :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 6:26 AM, voljeep said:

Vines is our pre-dinner go to ... and my downfall as to drink #'s with their somewhat skimpy pours at times ... but hey, at least there still is at least one cab under the $ 12 limit - and the service is always outstanding in there for us ...

 

it works well as I'll just ask for my number when they bring the first glass ... and 'plan' the night accordingly

My wife and I would always stop off at Vines for a pre dinner glass of wine and as the wines by the glass in the MDR are no where near as good as the offerings Vines, we’d get another glass each in a sippy cup to go when we left for dinner.

 

I’d often dash back to Vines for a refill in between courses. As we usually got to know the staff at Vines pretty well and before the unlimited AIBP was switched to the 15 drink limit PBP, after a day or so, the staff at Vines would usually give us the whole bottle of wine for us to take to the MDR, to save my mad dash refill runs. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, polmcs said:

My wife and I would always stop off at Vines for a pre dinner glass of wine and as the wines by the glass in the MDR are no where near as good as the offerings Vines, we’d get another glass each in a sippy cup to go when we left for dinner.

 

I’d often dash back to Vines for a refill in between courses. As we usually got to know the staff at Vines pretty well and before the unlimited AIBP was switched to the 15 drink limit PBP, after a day or so, the staff at Vines would usually give us the whole bottle of wine for us to take to the MDR, to save my mad dash refill runs. 😉

 

Now that is very cool. Getting to know the staff is always good. Unfortunately they can't do that anymore but I love hearing the story. 😁

 

Edit: Thinking about it I guess the could still do that. As long as they charged it to my wife's account it wouldn't be a problem. I think the most alcoholic drinks she had in one day when we had the PBP 7 but the norm was about 4. (For myself, I hit the max one day on each of the two times we had the Sip and  Sail. One cruise was 28 days and the other was 14 days so I had ample opportunities but didn't hit the limit.)

Edited by Thrak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2019 at 7:14 AM, dstables said:

A double counts as two drinks. 

We were on the Regal on a TA a few years ago and the bartender would ask us if we wanted a double and he said it was Part of the package Within the package price! As long as it’s within the shot price of $12, so we’ll for $6 each is two shots but one drink within the allotted $12

Edited by BuckGood

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BuckGood said:

We were on the Regal on a TA a few years ago and the bartender would ask us if we wanted a double and he said it was Part of the package Within the package price! As long as it’s within the shot price of $12, so we’ll for $6 each is two shots but one drink within the allotted $12

 

I don't find the 15 drink limit to be a problem. I'd rather not drink well liquor and the thought of being able to "double it up" for a total of 30 shots per day makes my eyes cross. However, to each his own. As long as nobody gets sloppy, loud, rude, etc. I don't care how much they drink. Everybody has different tastes and different tolerances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, polmcs said:

My wife and I would always stop off at Vines for a pre dinner glass of wine and as the wines by the glass in the MDR are no where near as good as the offerings Vines, we’d get another glass each in a sippy cup to go when we left for dinner.

 

I’d often dash back to Vines for a refill in between courses. As we usually got to know the staff at Vines pretty well and before the unlimited AIBP was switched to the 15 drink limit PBP, after a day or so, the staff at Vines would usually give us the whole bottle of wine for us to take to the MDR, to save my mad dash refill runs. 😉

Yes, that has been our experience as well. I do wish however, that the good stuff would be available in the MDR. On some trips, the Asst. Waiter would do the running for us! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thrak said:

. Everybody has different tastes and different tolerances.

exactly - I consume a lot of different beverages, period

 

lots of water - S.Pellegrino preferred, but Perrier accepted

maybe one Americano coffee with a shot of Jameson

maybe one hot chocolate with a shot of Amaretto

beer(s)

scotch - single malt, of course

wine - cab only

martini's - I can take or leave - usually just get a scotch while my wife gets her 'Dunes' in Crooners

maybe a Kahlua and cream

 

package definitely worth it for me ... my wife, not so much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given the comments about you cant have two shots at the same time, what is done with drinks that you need more than two types of alcohol to make?  Frozen drinks such as a dirty banana or maybe a zombie or sex on the beach or long island ice tea?.....I'll quit there as I don't know all the names but we have sip and sail for the 1st time and are wondering.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, gremlinbangles said:

Given the comments about you cant have two shots at the same time, what is done with drinks that you need more than two types of alcohol to make?  Frozen drinks such as a dirty banana or maybe a zombie or sex on the beach or long island ice tea?.....I'll quit there as I don't know all the names but we have sip and sail for the 1st time and are wondering.

If the cocktail is under $12 menu priced, which almost all of these are, then it is included. Order one at a time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Awards
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...