Transferring Booking to a TA

DojoMojo

Hi everyone, I'm new to these boards (this is my first post!) 

We've been on Princess a few times, booking directly through princess.com.  Based on some tips on this site, I'm thinking of transferring the booking for my next cruise to a TA.  From reading this site, I understand that I need to send a form to Princess (I'm within 60 days of original booking date, and it's not paid in full yet) - and my booking conf number, stateroom number, OBC and so on will remain the same.  I also understand that for any changes to the booking such as "re-fares" in future I will have to call the TA and not Princess directly.

But I had some questions that I couldn't find answers to, that I was hoping the experts here can help with:

1.  Can I transfer the booking to a TA even if it includes flights through EZ Air?  Anything special to be aware of?  And if the EZ Air flights need to change in future for any reason, will the TA to handle that, or will I need to go through Princess directly even after the booking is transferred?

2.  What about things like booking shore excursions, making dinner reservations, and so on?  Can I use the princess.com Cruise Personalizer for those, or will they also need to go through the TA after the booking is transferred?

3.  And for the remaining cruise fare payment - can I pay directly to Princess through the cruise personalizer if I wanted, or will all future payments need to be made to the TA?

I'm thinking of transferring to a "big box store" TA to get some additional OBC, if that makes a difference.  The cruise is in Dec 2019, so there's still plenty of time to make the final payment (and for the fares to go up/down!).

Thank you for any information you can provide!

21 minutes ago, DojoMojo said:

Hi everyone, I'm new to these boards (this is my first post!) 

We've been on Princess a few times, booking directly through princess.com.  Based on some tips on this site, I'm thinking of transferring the booking for my next cruise to a TA.  From reading this site, I understand that I need to send a form to Princess (I'm within 60 days of original booking date, and it's not paid in full yet) - and my booking conf number, stateroom number, OBC and so on will remain the same.  I also understand that for any changes to the booking such as "re-fares" in future I will have to call the TA and not Princess directly.

But I had some questions that I couldn't find answers to, that I was hoping the experts here can help with:

1.  Can I transfer the booking to a TA even if it includes flights through EZ Air?  Anything special to be aware of?  And if the EZ Air flights need to change in future for any reason, will the TA to handle that, or will I need to go through Princess directly even after the booking is transferred?

2.  What about things like booking shore excursions, making dinner reservations, and so on?  Can I use the princess.com Cruise Personalizer for those, or will they also need to go through the TA after the booking is transferred?

3.  And for the remaining cruise fare payment - can I pay directly to Princess through the cruise personalizer if I wanted, or will all future payments need to be made to the TA?

I'm thinking of transferring to a "big box store" TA to get some additional OBC, if that makes a difference.  The cruise is in Dec 2019, so there's still plenty of time to make the final payment (and for the fares to go up/down!).

Thank you for any information you can provide!

1. Yes. You can transfer a flight that includes EZ Air. When my flight was recently changed I took care of it myself even though I had moved the cruise to my TA. There is a Princess form for doing the transfer. It's a fill-able PDF but you still need to print it in order to sign the form. I then scanned it back to my computer and emailed it to Princess. The form is here:

Transfer-Request-Form-1.pdf

Note:  Bookings may only be transferred within 60 days of booking creation so long as (a) the request is made outside the Final Payment period, and (b) the booking is not paid in full.

2. You can do all of that yourself.

3. Once transferred to a TA you make your payment through the TA. You can no longer even see the outstanding balance on the cruise personalizer.

Edited by Thrak
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Thrak said:

1. Yes. You can transfer a flight that includes EZ Air. When my flight was recently changed I took care of it myself even though I had moved the cruise to my TA. There is a Princess form for doing the transfer. It's a fill-able PDF but you still need to print it in order to sign the form. I then scanned it back to my computer and emailed it to Princess. The form is here:

Transfer-Request-Form-1.pdf

Note:  Bookings may only be transferred within 60 days of booking creation so long as (a) the request is made outside the Final Payment period, and (b) the booking is not paid in full.

2. You can do all of that yourself.

3. Once transferred to a TA you make your payment through the TA. You can no longer even see the outstanding balance on the cruise personalizer.

Very helpful, thank you!

Contact the TA that you want to transfer the booking to. He/she may be able to complete the transfer without you having to submit any forms to Princess. You may need to send an e-mail to the TA to authorize the transfer.

If the TA does it properly, your reservation code will stay the same and anything else you have done (EZAir, shore excursions, etc.) will also stay the same.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Contact the TA that you want to transfer the booking to. He/she may be able to complete the transfer without you having to submit any forms to Princess. You may need to send an e-mail to the TA to authorize the transfer.

If the TA does it properly, your reservation code will stay the same and anything else you have done (EZAir, shore excursions, etc.) will also stay the same.

I don't think this works anymore. Princess wants passenger to initiate the transfer and fill out their new form.

9 hours ago, caribill said:

As Coral states this will not work.

Princess is insisting on the form now.

As stated above, you can change your EZAir flights, your shore excursions, and specialty restaurant reservations online with your Cruise Personalizer. You can also pay for your shore excursions and specialty restaurant reservations online directly with Princess.

Although you can change your EZAir flights directly with Princess on your Cruise Personalizer, any additional payment or refund (if after final payment) would be made through your travel agent. I recommend calling your travel agent immediately after making any change so that they can retrieve the information from Princess and handle the payment or refund. I would not rely on them receiving the notification from Princess.

Also you cannot book or cancel Princess airport transfers directly with Princess after you transfer to a travel agent. Any change to airport transfers would have to be made through your travel agent.

4 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Just transferred 2 new cruises 2 weeks ago. Emailed the TA and 2 days later it was done. No transfer form.

Good to know. Thanks.

Guess I will start transferring them without the form now then.  

Thats Princess for you, consistently inconsistent.

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

As Coral states this will not work.

Princess is insisting on the form now.

Well - for a new months they were consistent, now back to being inconsistent.

My TA could care less about about the form. It was just required for a few months recently.

• Like 1