Live Eurodam Enroute to Vancouver for Alaska Season

Crew News

12 hours ago, Crew News said:

A form was sent for all to complete with their disembarkation plans before luggage tags were issued.  This was the first time that I have seen 4 & 5 Star Mariners departing, if they wished, before the expedited disembarkation.  There was no "expedited" category available.  Giving the HAL airport transfer its own category  as well as excursions their own was new, too.  The last category was "post-cruise" hotel.

It must be noted that each color has a 10-minute window and it was stressed that a colored luggage tag had to be shown to disembark. 

If I was not in the first group, I would be interested to see how it all works out.  Hopefully, others will post their thoughts of their disembarkation experiences here.

We were on the Eurodam cruise (in a Neptune) the one before yours and the disembarkation process was completely different from the norm for HAL.  First, we never got a form to fill out prior.  Second, the yellow tags and instructions indicated that we could get off right after self-disembark.   The process started about 15 minutes early, I think it was 8:15, and our color was called about 10 minutes after the self-disembarkers.  No longs getting off - very nice.  At Customs, no lines and they merely glanced at out passports.  Of course we were on a 7 day Mexico cruise with mostly US passengers.

It sure was a great process!  I figured that HAL got smart and finally figured out that since Neptunes and 4/5 Stars got priority anyway, why bother them (and create more work for the crew) with filling out the form - just give them the first slot (makes alot of sense to me).   I guess they are testing some new ideas??

Further - I that the Tamarind was great - food and service.  So good that we dined there a second time on our 7 day cruise!  Also agree that the remodeled Neptune cabins are great (I especially like the way the reading lights work).  Very comfortable cabin and a great TV!

Edited by DaveOKC

I am a 4 star. We got our prefilled customs back (we were supposed to preclear in Victoria), and I chose self disembarking. We made up the time and people got off the ship at 8am. I walked right off, got through customs in 30 seconds and got in a taxi to my hotel. 

• Like 1

When I checked my bill on Disembarkation Day, I was happy to see a $97 refund thanks to the $50 OBC Victoria rebate, $30 port fees refund, and Loyalty refunds for Specialty Restaurants.

After the elaborate planning and distributing the new disembarkation scheme that began at 9:00 AM, I heard an announcement that it wold begin in ten minutes.  There was no gathering of disembarking passengers near the gangway as they probably slept late in anticipation of the 9:00 AM disembarkation scheme.

I grabbed all of my luggage and had no problem getting an elevfator down to Deck 2.  Even though my elevator opened the doors only a few feet from the gangway, the few people ahead me and I were directed to follow a circuitous route through the Culinary Arts Center and back to the gangway. I was in the fifth taxi to depart the terminal and seated at Gate 86 in the airport before 9:00 AM. 

The Vancouver airport terminal was like a ghost town with only three people in front of me in the Security Lane.  Now if could plan all of my departures on a Friday, booking earlier flights would be possible.

After two delayed flights, I arrived home at 1:00 AM Saturday morning and by the afternoon, I had updated my website with all of the new menus.  Here is a link to the changes:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/

Now to start packing and planning for Alaska on June 2 aboard the Westerdam.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crew News said:

When I checked my bill on Disembarkation Day, I was happy to see a $97 refund thanks to the $50 OBC Victoria rebate, $30 port fees refund, and Loyalty refunds for Specialty Restaurants.

After the elaborate planning and distributing the new disembarkation scheme that began at 9:00 AM, I heard an announcement that it wold begin in ten minutes.  There was no gathering of disembarking passengers near the gangway as they probably slept late in anticipation of the 9:00 AM disembarkation scheme.

I grabbed all of my luggage and had no problem getting an elevfator down to Deck 2.  Even though my elevator opened the doors only a few feet from the gangway, the few people ahead me and I were directed to follow a circuitous route through the Culinary Arts Center and back to the gangway. I was in the fifth taxi to depart the terminal and seated at Gate 86 in the airport before 9:00 AM. 

The Vancouver airport terminal was like a ghost town with only three people in front of me in the Security Lane.  Now if could plan all of my departures on a Friday, booking earlier flights would be possible.

After two delayed flights, I arrived home at 1:00 AM Saturday morning and by the afternoon, I had updated my website with all of the new menus.  Here is a link to the changes:

Thanks so much for this. We sail on the Eurodam on May 11 

8 minutes ago, gknep said:

Thanks so much for this. We sail on the Eurodam on May 11 

I should have my photo review completed before you sail.  Although I have not mentioned it, the Photo Gallery with its workstations for passengers to work on their photos is a big change and the photo guys are really helpful for rookie GoPro users as I am.

As posted earlier, grab a salad bowl during lunch and use it for nacho chips available during lunch and at the Late Snack.  Put some cheese in a Ziploc bag at breakfast and keep them in your minibar for late snacks.

Enjoy your cruise planning.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:06 PM, Crew News said:

Great info and thanks too! We sail the Eurodam on June22!

On 5/4/2019 at 10:06 PM, Crew News said:

I'm so lucky and happy that you are going to be on the same ship and cruise that I'll be on in August! 

Though I wish you could take it again in August as it would be more fun to meet you!