Out of good vodka!

kjbacon

We are surprised and disappointed that the ship has been out of the good vodka for 3 days now. Both of our favorite brands, Tito’s and Chopin, are out of stock in every bar. Seriously, not sure how they could have let that happen and I would certainly hope they get it in Venice today in time for martinis tonight.

They tell us that they have provisioned today so tomorrow should be a good day for Tito’s ... have one for us, we will be on our at home from this wonderful trip.

Yes, they have Belvedere and Grey Goose.

Too bad that Regent discontinued Chopin since it a potato based vodka which is easier for some people to drink.  I had no idea that Tito's was so popular.  I tend to drink Chopin, Stoly and Grey Goose but will try Tito's.  

Let us know if Tito's shows up tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

Too bad that Regent discontinued Chopin since it a potato based vodka which is easier for some people to drink.  I had no idea that Tito's was so popular.  I tend to drink Chopin, Stoly and Grey Goose but will try Tito's.  

Let us know if Tito's shows up tomorrow.

Tito's is a nice, smooth drinking vodka at a happy price point.  I usually have a bottle at home, and I rarely drink vodka!  :-)

In 2 weeks we will be on our first Regent cruise. Frankly, am more than a little disappointed and disconcerted that Chopin vodka will not be available. It’s my wife’s favourite. It should be amongst the high end vodkas available—Seabourn has it, our point of comparison. From the above posts the selection seems limited.

Respectfully, Tito is a near-premium, not a premium like Chopin or Grey Goose.  

Does anyone one know if Vox, another’s premium, is available?  Thanks 

16 minutes ago, ON cruiser said:

In 2 weeks we will be on our first Regent cruise. Frankly, am more than a little disappointed and disconcerted that Chopin vodka will not be available. It’s my wife’s favourite. It should be amongst the high end vodkas available—Seabourn has it, our point of comparison. From the above posts the selection seems limited.

Respectfully, Tito is a near-premium, not a premium like Chopin or Grey Goose.  

Does anyone one know if Vox, another’s premium, is available?  Thanks 

We tried VOX and liked it.  Not sure if Regent has it.  Perhaps someone can post a the list here.

We did a blind taste test on Silversea and were quite surprised with the results.  Smirnoff came in first - then Stoly.  Grey Goose did not fair that well.  Some people think that Grey Goose is all hype but I enjoy it anyway.

What I really like on Regent is their Don Julio Anejo and Patron Silver tequila.  I always ask for Don Julio when I order a Mexican butterfly.

Sorry, I do not recall what vodka's are available on the ships.  Perhaps someone on the Mariner can post since there are several CC members posting live!

P.S.  Just asked crusin7 (currently on Mariner) if she wouldn't mind posting a list of the vodkas!

Edited by Travelcat2

Bill:  if you prefer your liquor brown, have you ever tried Zacapa rum from Guatemala? If I am in a sipping mood, I swear by it. 

Hope Regent doesn’t run out of Hendrick’s for my upcoming cruise. 

Z and TB

For those that have gluten issues, Titos is a corn based vodka and is gluten free.  Chopin has 3 types of single ingredient vodkas, rye, potato and grain based.  So  if one has a gluten issue, it would be important to have one these available.

cruisin7 -  Would be nice if all of these were available fleet-wide.  When we were on the Voyager Mar/Apr this year they had the same menu with Chopin listed but said the menus had not been updated even though they were not stocking Chopin anymore. 

16 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

And sorry guys, don't want to start a riot, but a martini is made with gin!

Don't think you'll start a riot as everyone knows a true martini is gin-based...but we adapt.   :classic_biggrin:

We used to have a nice "martini bar" in Colorado that had a menu.  I used to tell them "You don't need a menu for a martini - you need good gin and a bottle of vermouth to show to the gin.  And a garnish.  That's it, no menu."  They had probably 40 different 'martinis' in different groups - fruity, chocolaty, infused, etc.  I used to say that those are nice cocktails but they're NOT martinis.

And through all of that, I usually asked for a vodka martini, or a Vesper.  I'm a heretic, I know.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UUNetBill said:

"You don't need a menu for a martini - you need good gin and a bottle of vermouth to show to the gin. 

I used to say that those are nice cocktails but they're NOT martinis.

I do like your description that you only need the gin to see the vermouth bottle for a martini.  And I agree that the drinks with all the flavorings don't realyy qualify as real martinis.  Whoever invents them should given them a snappy and unique name.