Caribbean Excursion Recommendations

Visiting Barbados, BVI, Antigua, Dominica, St Lucia. Grenada,St Maarten, St Kitts, Guadeloupe, St Vincent and Grenadines.  As there are only two sea days and wanting to experience as much as possible but realising it may be too much to do an excursion every day would appreciate any advice on perhaps the islands where I should book excursions and perhaps any where I could have more relaxing maybe beach days. I realise this is very much personal preference but am interested in anyone's advice.  Thank you in advance. 

All these places are so easy to DIY. There are shared taxis waiting at all the ports and they will have a map showing you where they will take you. They usually charge around $20 per person. The main thing is to get off the ship early so that you don't have any worries getting back on time, however all these drivers have a reputation to keep and will make sure you are back. The taxis usually wait until they have 8 people but we like to share our experiences with others.

Antigua,    be sure to visit Nelsons Dockyard and Englishman Harbour

Barbados, it's about 20 minutes walk into town where there are colourful markets, otherwise you can take a taxi to Harbour Lights  which is a nice beach and restaurant 

Dominica,  please take a local trip here. The island is very poor and suffered badly from the hurricane they desperately need tourists money 

St. Lucia,  if you want yo hook a trip I can recommend Cosol Tours. A great day including local foods to try and plenty of local run punch!

You'll have a fabulous time!

Don't  forget to pack shorts and t.shirts or swimming things in your hand luggage as you might not get your luggage in your cabin for a couple of hours. Beach towels will be waiting for you in the cabin. Another thing we find useful is pegs for the sun loungers as it is often windy when sailing.

I'd definitely recommend going on a  trip in St Lucia and Dominica  as there's  not much to do in the port . I second everything dronnygirl says about diy in Caribbean ports. The vendors have laminated posters showing exactly where they will take you. I usually check out the ship tours to see what's available then find the same tour cheaper and usually with fewer participants on the dockside   

We have done several tours with Levi Baron of Bumping Tours in Dominica.   He is a very nice young man and is very knowledge about his island of Dominica.  He can take you on some great snorkeling tours, hiking tours, and several other tours. Enjoy your time in Dominica.  It is a lovely island with lovely people.

Would agree with all the above the only trip missing is the St Kitts train which you can only do through the ship and is one not to be missed. I would also recommend that on changeover day you get off the ship it is very busy with the coming & goings, it's also a good day for the speciality restaurants if you like that sort of thing. Have a great one I'm certain you will one other point don't expect to see the typical Caribbean beaches when you dock you will have to travel 🏖️🏖️🏖️😎