Nov. 3 trip to Bermuda time change

kh81828587

I just noticed on my cruise summary that the time we get into Bermuda on Wed, Nov 6 changed. When we booked it said we would be in port at about 10 am. , now it says we don't get there until 4! I had the whole day Wed planned with things to do, but now it will be too late to do any of them. What are the chances it will go back to the morning arrival? Basically we now only have 1 full day there, since we leave at 3 on Friday.  Does this happen a lot with Norwegian? This is really disappointing.

This is unfortunately an issue with the Norwegian website. sometimes the website is not clear on the exact port times as they use the same page for most of all of the Bermuda cruises that can have incorrect times.  For the past year or two, i notice odd port times for October and November cruises. 

If you are willing to jump ship to a different ship, The Norwegian Dawn leaves on November 2 and it has 3 regular full days in Bermuda. 

The reason the Escape gets to Bermuda soo late is due to a berth conflict. the Escape needs to wait for another ship to leave first for it to dock. 

25 minutes ago, kh81828587 said:

...  Does this happen a lot with Norwegian? This is really disappointing.

This is on the Escape - same as last year b/c both berths at Dockyard are occupied already.  The Dawn will be at King's Wharf and the AIDAdiva will be at Heritage Wharf and she leave/sail, then the Escape can come in.  

Ships have plenty of speed to do that distance over 3 days, it will cruise slowly like us last Halloween & be doing donut or figure 8 runs outside the coral, NE of St. George's during the day , within sights of land but unable to dock.  

A # of people on my Roll Call booked it & didn't check the times carefully - but, we knew & roll with it ... Yulp, it stinks but it is what it is, and, you can cancel & book/sail a different week - unless you "must" go that week for whatever reasons.  Sailings to Bermuda continued for 2 additional weeks, a new thing with NCL, on 5 days and 4 days schedule, basically visiting there for only a few hours.  Business & ferry/bus services switched to winter season schedule and as you know, not a whole lot to do in downtown by the time you get there.

Prices are lower, rather cheap already ... just FYI, over the last decade, we have had a few late hurricane Nor-Easters that came up the coast and threaten land, please plan accordingly & consider a good trip interruption package, or risk going fully self-(un)insured. 

BDA's port schedule as published - http://bernews.com/2018/12/2019-bermuda-cruise-ship-schedule-released/

Edited by mking8288

11 minutes ago, herdingdogmom said:

We are on the Escape to Bermuda on Nov. 10 - is the NJ school vacation over by then? 

Yes, it’s just the first week in November, schools are closed Thursday/Friday for teachers convention, some are closed Tuesday too for Election Day, and some close for the week.

1 minute ago, mjkacmom said:

Yes, it’s just the first week in November, schools are closed Thursday/Friday for teachers convention, some are closed Tuesday too for Election Day, and some close for the week.

Ah thanks.  I was on a 4 day cruise from Miami that week a couple of years ago and I was surprised by all the kids out of school.

31 minutes ago, herdingdogmom said:

We are on the Escape to Bermuda on Nov. 10 - is the NJ school vacation over by then? 

i have been looking at this sailing and the breakaway. Today I checked and the Escape to Bermuda is now only a 5 Days cruise. Did this change recently or was it always 5 days and I just wasn't paying attention?

1 hour ago, bam1957 said:

i have been looking at this sailing and the breakaway. Today I checked and the Escape to Bermuda is now only a 5 Days cruise. Did this change recently or was it always 5 days and I just wasn't paying attention?

It has always been a 5 day as far as I know.  We booked in October.

• Like 1

NCL often changed their port time for these Bermuda cruises in Oct-Nov. It was the same thing as in 2018. Some learned of the time change and decided to rebook to another cruise. If you have to travel for that week, then stick with it. If not, you can decide if you want to rebook to another cruise that stay at Bermuda longer or you can plan to visit Bermuda again in a future cruise after this one.