Breakaway Vibe Question for Recent Cruisers

IrishCowboy

We are sailing on the Breakaway in a few weeks and would like to get Vibe passes.   We plan on arriving very early and hope to get the passes and understand that they may be gone before we get there.

1).  Where are Vibe passes sold on the Breakaway?

2) Can someone explain how the cabanas work?   How much extra are they and are they worth the additional $$?

Thanks!

I just went on the Breakaway from April 21st from April 28th. At the time of writing, I was on the most recently disembarked cruise. Therefore, I'm an expert, right? Hehe. Okay, here it goes.

1. Yes, they were sold separately at $209 per person and each person must be present while buying them. In other words, if you're signing up two people, both people must be waiting in line.

2. I'm not sure how much they cost, but every time I looked into the Vibe area (which was often, since I loved the top deck right above it, very often reserved for Haven activities that I was in), the Vibe was almost completely empty. The most people I ever saw in there was 4 in the hot tub and 4 at the bar. That's it. And I checked several times, every day. So no, I would not say a cabana is worth it, at any price, since the Vibe was not crowded at all. You can have plenty of space without it, pretty much any time.

Now I'll offer my unsolicited advice that you never asked for! 😉

The big question is whether you should buy a Spa Thermal Suite pass or Vibe Beach Club pass, since they're (now) essentially the same price. Here's really what it boils down to:

- If you want concurrent access to a hot tub and a bar, the Vibe gets a point.

- If you intentionally want to get away from alcohol, the Spa Thermal Suite gets a point.

- If you want to sun bathe, Vibe gets a point.

- If you want to lounge without getting a sun burn, the Spa gets a point.

- If you want to socialize, Vibe gets a point.

- If you want quiet relaxation, Spa gets a point.

- If you specifically want a sauna, Spa gets a point.

At the end of the day, they're essentially exclusive areas for two different experiences, based on your preferences, priced about equally. My wife is the type to enjoy the spa more, but I'm the type to enjoy the Vibe more. That said, "happy wife, happy life!" So yea, we ended up in the spa. 😉 But I really did enjoy the spa, too.

If you specifically want a cabana and don't mind walking some distance to get drinks, I think money is better spent on a balcony room than getting a Vibe pass for two people, especially if you're adding a cabana to the mix. Again, that's just my opinion, some random guy on the interwebs.

Hope this helps!

Edited by slugg
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, IrishCowboy said:

Thanks Slugg!   Do you remember how much was the cost for a cabana?

Nope. Didn't even consider it since I had both the Haven and the Spa, so I didn't even look. It's really nothing special and I totally don't recommend it. I wish I had taken some pictures to show you. It's basically a double-lounger with a back to it. There isn't really any added privacy or shade, despite the description. Considering that a majority of the loungers in the Vibe go completely unused, I really don't see the point.

16 hours ago, IrishCowboy said:

Thanks Slugg!   Do you remember how much was the cost for a cabana?

Here is the current pricing structure for Vibe. It includes Cabana pricing for ships that have them.

prices.PNG