shore excursions group????

teacherman

I have found this company "Shore Excursions Group" which is offering me some tours at very good prices for many of our South America ports.  I am sure they are a booking company using local tour companies, but they are much less costly than the ship tours.  Have many of you used them?  If so, were the tours decent?  Someone said they are recommended by Costco when you book a cruise through them.  Any information/advice on this company would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 4:08 PM, teacherman said:

I have found this company "Shore Excursions Group" ...  Someone said they are recommended by Costco when you book a cruise through them.  Any information/advice on this company would be appreciated.

You only need a Costco membership and perhaps, a Costcotravel.com account.  On the Costco travel website, click on "Cruises", then scroll to the bottom of the Cruises page, then click on "Shore Excursions".  This will take you to:

https://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/v/a/costco/

Booking shore excursions only requires a Costco membership.  As I understand, it is not necessary to book the cruise through Costcotravel.com 

We've really enjoyed this Costco membership benefit!

• 2 weeks later...

I just compared all the tours listed on the Costco shore excursion group to the ones I've arranged already (mostly ship's tours plus some private).  In most cases, the tours offered were quite basic, and not what we wanted to do in port.  In the few cases where they did list something we were interested in, the prices were higher than the ship's tours.  Which I could not believe at first.  Even the semi-private tour booked on the cruise line was only $8 more than the SEG price.

That said, I will be sure to check this site for future cruises.  If what we want in port is pretty basic, then they very well might have a good deal for us.

• 3 weeks later...

They are associated with Costco, however, they were just recommended to a friend through an independent travel agent. We used them during Alaskan cruise for whale watching excursion. Excellent guides, small group, equipment well maintained and very clean. Others going out on the 2nd small boat with this company, stated they had booked through the mouse cruise itself. Also used for a train excursion and was simply a separate car from the other cruise line cars using the same engine. Again, excellent, knowledgeable narrator.  I am in the process of comparing their excursions in Hawaii for our upcoming trip. Like everything these days, you need to compare prices and details to see if it fits what you want.  I would have no hesitation booking through them if it fit what I wanted and the price was right!

This company is also linked to by American Airlines.  We booked our cruise with AA for the tens of thousands of extra miles we got, and we're flying to and from South America for $40!  (taxes and fees only)

We did book Puerto Chacabuco and Puerto Madryn with them.

We booked Ushuaia with a small local tour company that came highly recommended by a former cruiser last year.  If you're on the NCL Star out of San Antonio Jan 18, 2020, and are interested, let me know.  I'm posting info on that roll call, too.

3 hours ago, teacherman said:

Thanks for the information.  We are on HAL Zaandam out of San Antonio on January 9.  Did you use an AA credit card to book and get all of the miles?

Of course!  🙂  I think we got 40,000 miles for booking then another 10,000.  We were able to fly first class to our Alaska cruise last year.  Just love me some free miles!

Best wishes for a wonderful cruise!  We're on NCL Star, leaving 1/18.

• 1 month later...