Room Service on Anthem - Complimentary?

resjes

According to the RCI website, room service is complimentary, not including gratuity and delivery fee? I already pre-paid gratuities for my trip, does this in clude the room service? How much is the delivery fee? Is this really complimentary????

Basically, i'm asking because I have a stomach disorder and in the mornings, I typically need to be near a bathroom, also to administer meds. If I can, room service for breakfast will probably be the best option.

Room service is $7.95 for the delivery fee.  You can order as much as you like for this fee.  They will also add 18% gratuity to that fee meaning your onboard account will be charged $9.42 each time you order.  The pre-paid gratuities do not include the room service fees and tips.

There are some breakfast items that you can order in the morning at no charge, but it does not include any cooked to order items..mostly cold items such as fruit, pastries, continental breakfast spread.

If you are in a grand suite or above room category, then room service does not cost anything.

• Like 2

Just now, AshleyDillo said:

Room service is $7.95 for the delivery fee.  You can order as much as you like for this fee.  They will also add 18% gratuity to that fee meaning your onboard account will be charged $9.42 each time you order.  The pre-paid gratuities do not include the room service fees and tips.

There are some breakfast items that you can order in the morning at no charge, but it does not include any cooked to order items..mostly cold items such as fruit, pastries, continental breakfast spread.

If you are in a grand suite or above room category, then room service does not cost anything.

Thank you so much for the info!! What is "Above room" category? I am not in a suite.

1 minute ago, resjes said:

Thank you so much for the info!! What is "Above room" category? I am not in a suite.

If you aren't in a suite, then you don't get free room service.  Grand Suite is the standard suite and "above room" categories would be all of the rooms that are higher than that such as the Sky Loft Suite, Owners Suite, Grand Loft Suite.

There is plenty on the complementary side of the breakfast room service menu including baked goods, cereal, fruit, yogurt, milk, juice, coffee, tea. You can always top up with a second hot breakfast/brunch at one of the restaurants later in the morning once you are ready to leave your room. Tipping ($1-$2) is not requested but seems greatly appreciated.

5 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I thought I also saw that Oatmeal was part of the complimentary breakfast room service.  If not, I'm sure I  will be corrected. 

M

You are correct Marci.  I believe grits are also on the free breakfast menu.