Scenic Eclipse News

She is currently heading for Rotterdam; due to arrive at 10:00 on Thursday 8th August.  I assume picking up more crew, fuel and provisions before the next leg pre-Reykjavik.  They will probably still have some trades on board making "final" adjustments and they will have to leave at some point.  It's possible that she'll make another stop en route. 

On my tracking application it showed a few interesting manoeuvres after leaving Valetta and again after Gibralter.  I assume some experimentation with the operation and handling.  It will be interesting to hear from anyone making the maiden cruise as I still haven't seen anything to do with the suites.  Hopefully they're nearly complete. 

She moored in Rotterdam on schedule and has now set her next destination as Reykyavik ETA 14th August at 08:00.  It's looking promising.  The helicopter handling looked very professional but still no pics of suites.

Those on the maiden voyage should be getting excited now.

2 hours ago, Holy Roller said:

She moored in Rotterdam on schedule and has now set her next destination as Reykyavik ETA 14th August at 08:00.  It's looking promising.  The helicopter handling looked very professional but still no pics of suites.

Those on the maiden voyage should be getting excited now.

I saw an interview on Youtube done in Australia talking about not showing pictures and videos of suites and public areas on purpose, for wow factor for inaugural sailing passengers. 

Edited by Ricky Chan

Seems the Eclipse has a problem. Not only is it late leaving port but it has spent most of the day testing systems. I hope I am wrong, but with just four days to get to Iceland from Rotterdam it's cutting it very fine.

It could also be that they delayed departure so as to allow the high winds that we’ve had in the UK to pass northwards.  They are now just leaving Rotterdam and due into Reykjavik at 08:00 on Wednesday morning.  They should miss the worst of the gales and now be OK.  It’s also possible that this was all planned as they moved mooring to the Holland America Quay for the second day in Rotterdam.  Let’s hope that all is fine.

34 minutes ago, Holy Roller said:

It could also be that they delayed departure so as to allow the high winds that we’ve had in the UK to pass northwards.  They are now just leaving Rotterdam and due into Reykjavik at 08:00 on Wednesday morning.  They should miss the worst of the gales and now be OK.  It’s also possible that this was all planned as they moved mooring to the Holland America Quay for the second day in Rotterdam.  Let’s hope that all is fine.

I am currently on a cruise and will be in Iceland on Monday overnight in the port and disembarking on Tuesday.  Staying in Reykjavik on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night, so I hope to get a glimpse of the Eclipse!  If I do I will take some photos.  

Bon Voyage to all of you boarding on the 15th!!!

We are not boarding until next April 5th in Buenos Aires but we are just as excited as you are to see and enjoy this beautiful new ship!  We can’t wait to see pictures and read the reviews.  I am sure there will still be some “hiccups” but hopefully they will be minor.

Please keep all of us updated with pictures an reviews!

On 7/24/2019 at 3:28 PM, Holy Roller said:

Hi LN50,

Are you on the Miami to Lima cruise on Scenic departing 29th October?

We are on the Cartagena leg of the cruise, we join on 30th October. Sooo looking forward to it.

9 hours ago, LN50 said:

I have looked at the website to try to find details of the submarine and helicopter trips, does anyone know where to find them please?

I was hoping to pre book these excursions.

See posts 60 and 62 above. 

5 hours ago, RockyandMoose said:

Her she is.  In port in Iceland!

9CD5CDB7-DF92-40BC-BC01-4005AB0C2BA5.jpeg

A9CFEDA8-9084-4227-89C2-E00B0C3D665C.jpeg

We are in Rekyjavik and after our full day of touring we drove by the concert hall and did not see the Eclipse. I think it may have been behind the concert hall and it was blocked from our view.  Tomorrow we are heading out for another tour and hope to get a glimpse of it when we go by there tomorrow.