Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
resjes

Getting back to cruise after excursion

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

sorry if this has been asked before...I tried the search function and too many things pop up with the word "cruise" in it, obviously, and "excursion." I have an excursion in Bermuda booked and a parasail excursion in Labadee. The description says that a boat takes me to these areas, but nothing about how I am supposed to return to the cruise. Does the same boat return me to the port or am I expected to find my way back??

 

**edit, both were booked thru RCI cruise planner. Although the cruise planner says the parasail excursion was vetted through a third party.

Edited by resjes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excursions booked through Royal include transportation to and from the ship/excursion, so you're covered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

Excursions booked through Royal include transportation to and from the ship/excursion, so you're covered.

Thanks! Why don't they write that in on the details???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the excursion they will have a boat that goes back and forth. So you can come and go as you please. Check your daily planner and it will tell you where and when to meet for departure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Bermuda is different. Some of their excursions will end in the town of St. George's or Hamilton, and you have to arrange your own transportation back. This is so you can shop there. To get back, just take a ferry back to the Dockyard. It is not a problem. Time is about 60 minutes from St. George's and 25 from Hamilton. Labadee is a non issue. It's no more than a 10 - 15 walk from anywhere on the island.

Edited by mets123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, mets123 said:

Bermuda is different. Some of their excursions will end in the town of St. George's or Hamilton, and you have to arrange your own transportation back. This is so you can shop there. To get back, just take a ferry back to the Dockyard. It is not a problem. Time is about 60 minutes from St. George's and 25 from Hamilton. Labadee is a non issue. It's no more than a 10 - 15 walk from anywhere on the island.

 

I am doing the excursion to the zoo, which apparently has a boat ride to the museum/zoo. According to maps, it is a 44 minute drive back to the port. I hope I'm not expected to get back on my own.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, resjes said:

 

I am doing the excursion to the zoo, which apparently has a boat ride to the museum/zoo. According to maps, it is a 44 minute drive back to the port. I hope I'm not expected to get back on my own.

Unless it says something like "shopping on your own" I wouldn't expect the excursion to leave you. Most of the excursions we've seen that have time for shopping specifically say something like "time to shop" and give you a specific time and location for the return shuttle to the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't answer that. Check the tour description or call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, all. I called RCI last night and they said the excursions I picked have a ride back to the port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EVERYTHING on Labadee is thru the ship....your parasail excursion will be from the beach...and that's where it will leave you.  Simply walk back to the ship when you want!  (Consider Labadee to be an extension of the ship!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • 2019 Cruisers' Choice Destination Awards
      • Celebrity Cruises President and CEO Lisa Lutoff-Perlo invites you to #CrewUpWithWomen
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...