Booking Times in Venice

sbrito

If I plan on doing the Secret Itineraries tour at Doge's Palace at 9:55 am, around what time would you suggest I book St. Mark's Basilica?  This is our first time to Venice so I am not quite sure what to expect.  We are only in port for one day.   Many thanks!

We did the same thing you are thinking about. We booked the Secret Itineraries tour at 9:55 am and spent a good 2 1/2 hours, found a quick lunch on a side street away from piazza San Marco and then did our booked tour in the early afternoon around 1:30 - 2pm.  The tour we had was not just a skip the line ticket but a tour both in English and Italian that got us separate entrance, with no waiting. The guided tour was worth it. Otherwise you are just walking around and wondering what you are looking at.

Update to my previous post:

Just looked at my itinerary from back then. We booked a 12:30 pm tour of the basilica. So got out of the Doges palace at noon. Grabbed a quick sandwich from a street vendor by the water and then checked in at the Church entrance for the 12:30 pm tour.