Cruise Critic Community

Pardon my ignorance, but it's been a while for this once avid cruiser. My last cruise (after a long hiatus) was on the Empress and there was no formal night. I have a 4 night Mariner coming up in a few weeks- should I plan for formal wear or just be casual? While I generally would prefer to be more casual and relaxed on this trip, I just KNOW that I will feel like I am missing out if I am among just a few dressed down. Thank you for any insight you can provide!

Mariner was not doing formal nights while in Miami, and I suspect that will remain the same out of Port Canaveral.

I'd like to hear more on this. We will be on Mariner in July. If there is no formal night we will pack differently. We normally dress up for formal night.

42 minutes ago, Robo1098 said:

I'd like to hear more on this. We will be on Mariner in July. If there is no formal night we will pack differently. We normally dress up for formal night.

I thought they called it something like  "dress your best" or "dress to impress".

Just off the 3-night Mariner out of Miami. Here is the Dinner Dress Code from the Cruise Compass: Day 1, Laid Back Lounge; Day 2, Dress to Impress, and Day 3, Laid Back Lounge. There was a wedding group on this cruise, and they did dress up, but most people were very casual for all nights.

I had the “dress to impress” night on a four night cruise out of Miami, also. For the most part people seemed to treat it as a formal night (as we did).

We, too, were on a Mariner 4-night out of Miami. Ours was back in March. I’d say probably 50%  of the people dressed up for the “dress to impress” night. I brought my suit, but ended up leaving the tie in the room. 

Thank you all as well. Good to know. Helps out in packing.