Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Lastdance

Edge TA, 2019: FLL to Southampton, England

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Lastdance said:

We had a “Cheers for Years” anniversary party in Eden at 11:00 AM.  Some of the officers were there, along with many from our roll call.  The cake was  beautiful; this party was for anyone on our roll call who was married thirty years or more...being a TA, there certainly were a lot of seasoned cruisers...

 

7331CBE9-A2EF-4761-B5C5-B01B79224D9B.jpeg

 

Hope they continue this event on EDGE ...great space, great cake and great idea. ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I was thinking the same thing since I saw them at breakfast time. I went for the less decadent, though delicious, almond croissant at the Eden cafe (though the best croissants were in Le Grand Bistro, IMO).

 

image.thumb.png.fb00499b0af8dfcbc301ad628326a410.png

 

It  will be sad if they  "delete" the bakery when they change the menu at Grand Bistro..

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have heard mixed comments about the charge if there is any for the pastries at the grand bistro? Could you please let me know if they are complimentary or not. I know there is a charge for lunch and dinner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, butschwa said:

I have heard mixed comments about the charge if there is any for the pastries at the grand bistro? Could you please let me know if they are complimentary or not. I know there is a charge for lunch and dinner 

 

Le Bistro’s bakery items are free when you pay for meals(lunch etc.)....you are charged for them separately, but today, since lunch was available, it was not possible to purchase them.  This information came directly from the manager!  I hope this answers your question, but just remember that things can change without notice; below, are some photos, as everything looked lovely!

E22B7428-C1E6-445E-A025-8CE32AD31FC4.jpeg

338CD008-02B6-4591-88E2-2B1E29F1CC05.jpeg

E698DABE-A0AC-454E-8965-B6C678CDB678.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

 

Le Bistro’s bakery items are free when you pay for meals(lunch etc.)....you are charged for them separately, but today, since lunch was available, it was not possible to purchase them.  This information came directly from the manager!  I hope this answers your question, but just remember that things can change without notice; below, are some photos, as everything looked lovely!

E22B7428-C1E6-445E-A025-8CE32AD31FC4.jpeg

338CD008-02B6-4591-88E2-2B1E29F1CC05.jpeg

E698DABE-A0AC-454E-8965-B6C678CDB678.jpeg

You are killing us here! 😉

 

So they are offering lunch today, with the daily special?  Have they been offering the brunch? If you have time, I would love to see a picture of the daily (schedule part). 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Lastdance said:

We had a “Cheers for Years” anniversary party in Eden at 11:00 AM.  Some of the officers were there, along with many from our roll call.  The cake was  beautiful; this party was for anyone on our roll call who was married thirty years or more...being a TA, there certainly were a lot of seasoned cruisers...

 

7331CBE9-A2EF-4761-B5C5-B01B79224D9B.jpeg

What a nice thought.  How did the officers know about it?  Or was it included with your Connections Roll Call party?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

What a nice thought.  How did the officers know about it?  Or was it included with your Connections Roll Call party?

 It was part of our roll call, as someone was able to contact Edge and get it planned; you just have to engage the “right person,” as others tried and were not successful...no, I do not remember the name!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

 It was part of our roll call, as someone was able to contact Edge and get it planned; you just have to engage the “right person,” as others tried and were not successful...no, I do not remember the name!

Thanks!  Perhaps somebody in a suite arranged through the shoreside concierge?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eden now offers a little talk about it, so that cruisers can be more informed about the characters and background.  It is evolving in a positive way.  We just had a light lunch, and it was tasty and not loud.  Six of us have dinner tomorrow night; we found two tables for six...

78F08C80-0ABC-4712-95AC-6C2FA8A235A4.jpeg

081DF9E7-B6F1-42CB-A35A-BB6EA2F0C99C.jpeg

A2124BFB-E712-47B3-AE44-636223FA7EC1.jpeg

0C726364-6323-4235-8D83-601B6E989E04.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Eden now offers a little talk about it, so that cruisers can be more informed about the characters and background.  It is evolving in a positive way.  We just had a light lunch, and it was tasty and not loud.  Six of us have dinner tomorrow night; we found two tables for six...

Nice pictures! So happy to hear about the talk about the show. Sounds like they listened to that request! The brownies there are the best ever (or so I heard)!! 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

 

Nice pictures! So happy to hear about the talk about the show. Sounds like they listened to that request! The brownies there are the best ever (or so I heard)!! 🙂

 

I’ll second those Edge Cafe brownies (same as they use in FCSH) and  the chocolate chip cookies were also very tasty.

Edited by Oville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

You are killing us here! 😉

 

So they are offering lunch today, with the daily special?  Have they been offering the brunch? If you have time, I would love to see a picture of the daily (schedule part). 🙂

 

Lunch and Brunch are the same; offered a total of two times on this cruise.  LPC is in the evening on certain nights...

Edited by Lastdance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

 

Lunch and Brunch are the same; offered a total of two times on this cruise.  LPC is in the evening on certain nights

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear of the changes.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe most are”over the Edge,” and want  the changes made, for APEX...ASAP.  Since my DH and I learned about Edge from the trips of others, we were equipped  with the right stuff to understand the new concept so much better.  Yes, there are more changes we would like to see, but honestly, the entire crew, along with the passengers make life very nice onboard for us...

 

My butler, George, asked  if we are returning; I told him “yes,” but in an OV.  He thought I did not enjoy the suite life.  I told him the high prices were determining our new choice of cabin, as it was half the price.  He totally understood when I shared the prices...my dad wants us to visit Trieste, Italy, so that is the main reason for our trip in an OV next time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear of the changes.....

 

To add...Le Bistro is not going away, as there are no plans, at the moment, to discontinue it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for taking time to share these photos!  We are on the 15 May sailing from Southampton to Civitavecchia and also in an S1 aft (deck 11).  Please save some of those tasty French macarons for us! :classic_biggrin:

 

I couldn't help but notice your clothes line.  Like you we are daily-use gym people, and though we use laundry services we have rinsed and discretely placed what needs dried on the veranda lounge chairs (can't be seen from off ship).  You mentioned a "no clothes on the veranda" policy.  Would you happen to know how strictly this is being enforced? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

 

To add...Le Bistro is not going away, as there are no plans, at the moment, to discontinue it...

So they will offer lunch with the daily specials and keep the bakery going?

Plus offer the sea day brunch?

 

 We have had conflicting reports ( some from X mgmnt)  which is why so many are asking about it!  We have our hearts set on going more than once in Nov....9 night cruise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sparkopotamus said:

Thank you for taking time to share these photos!  We are on the 15 May sailing from Southampton to Civitavecchia and also in an S1 aft (deck 11).  Please save some of those tasty French macarons for us! :classic_biggrin:

 

I couldn't help but notice your clothes line.  Like you we are daily-use gym people, and though we use laundry services we have rinsed and discretely placed what needs dried on the veranda lounge chairs (can't be seen from off ship).  You mentioned a "no clothes on the veranda" policy.  Would you happen to know how strictly this is being enforced? 

 

From our experience, if it's an infinite veranda...clothes would need to be quite drip dried first.....it is  a fairly  interior space... on reg ships we would hang our swimsuits on the  metal back bar of the balc  chairs.,  It  worked great,,.,they could not blow off, no one could see them and no one complained .  On  Edge we drip dried stuff on hangars in the shower and then over chairs etc.  But we did not have as many  items as shown in the posted photo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, sparkopotamus said:

Thank you for taking time to share these photos!  We are on the 15 May sailing from Southampton to Civitavecchia and also in an S1 aft (deck 11).  Please save some of those tasty French macarons for us! :classic_biggrin:

 

I couldn't help but notice your clothes line.  Like you we are daily-use gym people, and though we use laundry services we have rinsed and discretely placed what needs dried on the veranda lounge chairs (can't be seen from off ship).  You mentioned a "no clothes on the veranda" policy.  Would you happen to know how strictly this is being enforced? 

 

I must say that we have not tried; today, it is quite windy.  I can only see the balcony of the SV next door, but no clothes.  This ship is very private in the aft, so that is the only balcony I can see if I look just a little.  No one has mentioned this rule or what they are doing to wash their clothes and dry them...sorry...I will keep an eye out though...only the butler and room attendant would know...

 

Others on CC have stated that they bought magnetic hooks on the ceiling, then put up the clothesline...

Edited by Lastdance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

What a nice thought.  How did the officers know about it?  Or was it included with your Connections Roll Call party?

Re: The anniv party

We would love to do that...I will ask some of our roll call suite guests if they could reach out....first we'd have to know how many would be eligible or interested,,, 

Probably much easier  to arrange on a TA than a regular cruise

 

As vt cruiser mentioned , you are killing us with all those gorgeous  decadent  dessert photos ...thanks for sharing,.,

Edited by hcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

 

I must say that we have not tried; today, it is quite windy.  I can only see the balcony of the SV next door , but no clothes.  This ship is very private in the aft, so that is the only balcony I can see if I look just a little.  No one has mentioned this rule or what they are doing to wash their clothes and dry them...sorry...I will keep an eye out though...only the butler or room attendant would know...

Thank you!  Please don't worry about asking--we will be there soon enough and if we get a gentle scolding that's fine!  LOL  But I'm going to pack a camping clothesline as a just in case.:classic_wink:

 

The corner aft is our favorite.  It's so private and quiet. 

 

The wedding anniversary celebration was exceptionally lovely.  Thank you for sharing those photos!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did someone mention shoes?  Okay, this new pair of Naots were purchased on Zappos and are so comfy that I can walk all over the ship in them from the getgo!  Inside, I have the smallest support from the GFS(Good Feet Store.)  Fantastic!!!

71489AE0-487E-4E34-84BD-530C9206593E.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Edge is very impressive.  It seems ALL is top notch and a cut above on this ship!  I would love to sail on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lastdance said:

Did someone mention shoes?  Okay, this new pair of Naots were purchased on Zappos and are so comfy that I can walk all over the ship in them from the getgo!  Inside, I have the smallest support from the GFS(Good Feet Store.)  Fantastic!!!

71489AE0-487E-4E34-84BD-530C9206593E.jpeg

Those are really cute and so versatile--with the gentle bling on the straps you could easily wear those for dress up!  I have a couple pairs of Naots and they are *very* comfy!

BTW nice pedi!:classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...