They Changed My Itinerary!

On Aug 25 Allure Eastern Carib. Just got an email that they are switching St. Thomas for Puerto Rico (7am-2pm ugh) due to some technical issues.  Do I have any options to change to another cruise?  I have little interest in PR having done that multiple times and I was really looking forward to St.  Thomas, one of my faves. I am really bummed!

• Like 1

Yes, we got the email too.   Ours is the October 6th cruise and the same switch.   And, they shortened the time spent at dock at PR and Nassau.  I'm going to explore changing to a different cruise, but I bet every Allure cruise is changing.  Surely you would think they could fix a propulsion issue by October.

• Like 2

We just got an email about our October 13th Allure cruise, but they did not change our itinerary:

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you onboard Allure of the Seas and have an important itinerary change to share with you for our October 13th cruise. 

We’ll be reducing our speed because of a technical matter with one of the ship’s three propulsion pods. As a result, we’ve had to make a minor adjustment to our itinerary. This means, we’ll arrive in Falmouth, Jamaica a little later than we originally planned. We’ll now be there from 10:45 AM to 7:00 PM. We are sorry for this unexpected change. Please know, when making these changes, we do everything possible to maximize your time in each destination and we are confident your cruise will be amazing.

It’s important to us that we set expectations accordingly and that you start your vacation off right. Below, please find our new itinerary.

8 minutes ago, teaysvalley said:

Yes, we got the email too.   Ours is the October 6th cruise and the same switch.   And, they shortened the time spent at dock at PR and Nassau.  I'm going to explore changing to a different cruise, but I bet every Allure cruise is changing.  Surely you would think they could fix a propulsion issue by October.

With Freeport out of business for the time being, It would have to go to Europe. That means 3+ weeks of cancelled cruises. Not likely to happen, so they'll nurse her till she heads over for drydock in March. 

It looks like they just Changed the May 12th 2019 sailing from St Thomas to San Juan. I just checked my calendar on the RC website and it now showing day 5 San Juan. Has anybody else heard about this?

20 minutes ago, Notcaptain4once said:

We got the same email for our July sailing. Leaving San Juan at 1:00. We are not considering changing our cruise at all. Seams as though the oasis class ships are having problems with the “propulsion”. 

What other ship besides Allure?

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

What other ship besides Allure?

I thought that propulsion was the reason Oasis tried to get something fixed in Freeport a few weeks ago.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

We were just notified that our May 5th sailing on Allure is staying one hour later in St. Marteen, and leaving one hour earlier from             San Juan.

As long as were cruising, I'm Ok

Safe travels.

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, WNcruiser said:

http://vifreepress.com/2017/08/propulsion-issues-force-rccls-allure-seas-cancel-five-dockings-st-thomas/

Hmmm..this sounds very familiar. Honestly, this has been going on since 2013 I believe. Why can’t they fix this issue?? 

I guess the dry dock last year didn’t work (again)

Azipod issues on many different Cruise ships/lines over the years. Have no idea, maybe more of a wear issue compared to propulsion issues of past. Seems like they require more maintenance and have more breakdowns... 

Edited by ONECRUISER

29 minutes ago, E23NK1 said:

We are on Allure May 12 and just got the email that St Thomas is out and San Juan is in its place...and leaving San Juan at 2pm...why even stop there, you cant even do anything in that short period of time.

Also Nassau is now cut short too.

I am very disappointed and booked this cruise specifically for St Thomas.

If I could cancel I would.....and they are not compensating us at all for basically shortening the cruise.

What sh*tty customer service.

Do a morning food tour:

My first choice:

https://www.spoonfoodtours.com

Also good:

https://sanjuanfoodtours.com/

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, springfire said:

We just got our notice for 9/15 Allure change, no St Thomas and a short stay in Puerto Rico.   That really stinks!

I agree! Would hate to have to unwind everything I already reserved and have to start fresh with a new booking.  

When is Allure scheduled for dry dock?  Looks like 2020?  We are sailing in November. Won’t be a deal killer for us, but we like st Thomas more than PR

Edited by cindivan

Have not gotten an email for the July 7th cruise yet...but sure it is coming.   As long as the cruise is not cancelled I can roll with it.   This should not be anything that would potentially cancel a cruise would it?

2 minutes ago, 5thgirl said:

I agree! Would hate to have to unwind everything I already reserved and have to start fresh with a new booking.  

The short  hours in San Juan and Nassau really don't allow us to do much.   We will make do but the changes are bad.