They Changed My Itinerary!

2 hours ago, renysmom said:

They are skipping St. Thomas simply because the docking situation there requires more thrust power which can't be achieved with the 3rd azipods down.  It has nothing to do with St. Kitts.

Where did you get that information from? 

2 hours ago, sailor05 said:

5 days to go and still NO word from Royal about this. Several others on FB haven't either. They are setting up the guest relations to have a REAL bad time when potentially thousands find out once on-board.

Same here. A few days out, and no confirmation from them. I’m so grateful for CruiseCritic because I had an independent excursion booked for St. Thomas and I definitely would have been one of those ticked off passengers if I found out on board.

Thank you to everyone here that reported it! 👍

• Like 1

6 hours ago, renysmom said:

They are skipping St. Thomas simply because the docking situation there requires more thrust power which can't be achieved with the 3rd azipods down.

Highly unlikely.  The amount of power needed for docking is far less than needed for normal propulsion; the ship has plenty of power for docking, it is just a few knots slower than usual.

On 5/2/2019 at 12:26 AM, travelplus said:

On 5/2/2019 at 8:02 AM, cruisegirl1976 said:

I'm on the Allure next Feb, cause we got bumped from the Oasis cause of a charter.. and I am complete opposite.. we are scheduled for St. Thomas ,,.. ( not a big fan of).. and now I'm hoping for San Juan.. cause that is one of the ports we were originally supposed to go on the Oasis.. I know I'm odd..lol

We are on the Nov 3 cruise and I also wouldn't mind if it's changed. What I don't understand is why are they not changing the itinerary on the website? People are still booking the cruises thinking they are going to St. Thomas when they won't be.

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We are on the Nov 3 cruise and I also wouldn't mind if it's changed. What I don't understand is why are they not changing the itinerary on the website? People are still booking the cruises thinking they are going to St. Thomas when they won't be.

And we're booked on the Nov 10 cruise and wouldn't mind if the ports are changed - particularly since this forms part of a rearranged trip as a result of the Oasis TA being cancelled. Totally agree with your comment about not changing the website, and also don't understand why they have only informed those on cruises up to the end of October.

Why don't they just change all the itineraries up to the crossing next March, since surely nothing is going to change - unless they do have a plan to try and fit in a dry dock repair and are hoping the dock in Freeport is back up and running later in the year, and they are planning to cancel a cruise. It's just adding to the speculation by not making changes beyond October.

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

we are on nov 3rd also! 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Yeah.. if they know it's still going to be an issue.. the website should be updated.. it's basically false advertising unless the issue will be fixed.. (not holding my breath)

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

Yeah.. if they know it's still going to be an issue.. the website should be updated.. it's basically false advertising unless the issue will be fixed.. (not holding my breath)

Agreed.  Over the weekend I "booked" a cruise just to see if they were still offering the itinerary in December and they are.  The website should be updated so people know what they are getting.  I probably would have selected a different ship/itinerary had I known but it's our first cruise with Royal so I am excited about the boat experience most of all.

3 minutes ago, kelleynicole1978 said:

Agreed.  Over the weekend I "booked" a cruise just to see if they were still offering the itinerary in December and they are.  The website should be updated so people know what they are getting.  I probably would have selected a different ship/itinerary had I known but it's our first cruise with Royal so I am excited about the boat experience most of all.

I really had no choice of the cruise.. the Oasis was our 1st choice.. really liked the islands we were going to .. and we like to sail on Super bowl week.. so when we got the email that Oasis was chartered.. the only other ship that was available for that sailing date was the Allure..and honestly didn't even look at the islands.. there are 6 of us going and I had to make the call fast.. so I just went with it.. .. 🙂

1 minute ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

I really had no choice of the cruise.. the Oasis was our 1st choice.. really liked the islands we were going to .. and we like to sail on Super bowl week.. so when we got the email that Oasis was chartered.. the only other ship that was available for that sailing date was the Allure..and honestly didn't even look at the islands.. there are 6 of us going and I had to make the call fast.. so I just went with it.. .. 🙂

With a group like that you'll still make the best of it and have a great time.  Enjoy!!

• Like 1

Someone has just posted that their Freedom cruise in January has been cancelled since the ship has to go to Cadiz rather than Freeport for drydock. If this is already being planned for January they can't hope to do the Allure drydock this year so why keep advertising itineraries they won't be doing and why not let those of us on sailings after the end of October know about the changes to our sailing so we can plan accordingly 

• Like 2

We are schedule for December 22nd sailing on Allure with stops in St Martaans, St Thomas and Cocoa Cay.  I do not want to go to Nassau.  Been there done that many times.  Would prefer not to go to San Juan.  Not a favorite there either.  Wish they would let us know what they are doing.  It is frustrating to plan.

1 hour ago, Vlgg731 said:

We are schedule for December 22nd sailing on Allure with stops in St Martaans, St Thomas and Cocoa Cay.  I do not want to go to Nassau.  Been there done that many times.  Would prefer not to go to San Juan.  Not a favorite there either.  Wish they would let us know what they are doing.  It is frustrating to plan.

see post 189.  Cancel and  book a different itinerary.

6 hours ago, Bobal said:

Someone has just posted that their Freedom cruise in January has been cancelled since the ship has to go to Cadiz rather than Freeport for drydock. If this is already being planned for January they can't hope to do the Allure drydock this year so why keep advertising itineraries they won't be doing and why not let those of us on sailings after the end of October know about the changes to our sailing so we can plan accordingly 

I completely understand and can accept itinerary changes last minute for whatever reason. This I can't wrap my head around. If this isn't bait and switch I don't know what is.  Only those who follow Cruise Critic or perhaps another cruise site are privy to the information. Those booking blindly are in for a real eye opener. Unfortunately it won't be until after final payment. The moderators will no doubt have a full time job combining the many complaint threads into one thread.

On 5/1/2019 at 9:23 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Azipod issues on many different Cruise ships/lines over the years. Have no idea, maybe more of a wear issue compared to propulsion issues of past. Seems like they require more maintenance and have more breakdowns... 

This question was raised on board the Allure and Captain Grimstadd mentioned (during Captain's corner on the Allure last week), that the falling crane issue damaged the structure of the dock in the Bahamas to the extent that to repair or build a new one it would take at least 2 years. So ships would have to be sent elsewhere, when and where there is availability and that is very hard to find. We were on the Allure last week, with very slightly modified port times, which did not affect our enjoyment at all.

I guess they are doing it on "as urgent" basis... Celebrity also called me and asked me to pick a different cabin for my 2020 cruise since my new cabin will not be born in dry dock. They have decided to send the ship (Equinox) to dry dock in Europe and are only doing necessary work. This is what the message said, and gave a special phone number to call.

Edited by Arzeena

4 hours ago, LXA350 said:

It look like the 1st generation (Oasis and Allure) both are suffering under these problems as it occurs every few years on each.

The issue has hardly been the domain of just Oasis and Allure.

7 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

Royal Caribbean really falls short on #4. 

Only speaking for myself, never been issue with me. Have had at least 2 dozen Port/Ship changes over last 30+ years, always got info right away from Royal or Capt, though never use outside TA which seems to cause some delay in info shared to  passengers. 

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Only speaking for myself, never been issue with me. Have had at least 2 dozen Port/Ship changes over last 30+ years, always got info right away from Royal or Capt, though never use outside TA which seems to cause some delay in info shared to  passengers. 

I’m sure that’s true. I was referring to them still selling the the original itinerary knowing that the ship won’t be repaired in time to follow it.

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I’m sure that’s true. I was referring to them still selling the the original itinerary knowing that the ship won’t be repaired in time to follow it.

No problem, was unaware they were...

I'm sorry about your disappointment all of you St. Thomas lovers.  Everyone has different interests related to ports and excursions, etc.  We for the big royal ship Harmony, booked more for the ship than the ports.  We specifically booked Harmony that does St. Martin, San Juan, and Cococay.  We are doing a non ship two hour historical walking tour in old San Juan on our San Juan day thru Viator on Trip Advisor, a consolidator of independent tour options.  I'd love to get more history of the old historic city, so am actually looking for ward to this and thought I'd share the tour information.  It's a seven minute walk from the pier and the tour starts at 9:30 a.m. San Juan time.  Here is a link to that in case this is of interest to any of you who will be in San Juan.  

https://www.tripadvisor.com/AttractionProductReview-g147319-d12464628-Old_San_Juan_Walking_Tour-Puerto_Rico.html