"Live" From Allure of the Seas. May 5-12, 2019 - Powerful and Mysteriously Attractive

You've done a tremendous job with this post. Thanks very much for putting in the time and effort. Getting ready to board Allure in a few weeks and the pictures and information here have been quite welcome! Enjoy the rest of your trip and get home safely!

• Like 1

Thank you for a great review!  I’m actually in post Symphony depression.....and unlike you, I have a whole year to wait to be on our next.... but fortunately it is on Allure so I truly appreciated your review.  

Thanks for the great review!  It really helped me get excited for our upcoming cruise on Allure on June 9.  We will be celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary and my retirement...can't wait!  I was wondering if you noticed any problems with the Unlimited Dining Package?  Was Izumi Hibachi available any night with this package? (On Oasis with the Ultimate package, they only let you use it the first night and on Allure in March we had to pay $10 pp to use it.)  Also, could you use the restaurants for lunch without issue even on days when you were at a port?  Thanks in advance for your time in answering these questions!

9 hours ago, koolZip said:

You've done a tremendous job with this post. Thanks very much for putting in the time and effort. Getting ready to board Allure in a few weeks and the pictures and information here have been quite welcome! Enjoy the rest of your trip and get home safely!

Glad you enjoyed. Thanks for following along. You’re in for an amazing cruise in a few weeks. 

Be sure to sail along Harmony in September. 

30 minutes ago, Tiggercat said:

Thanks for the great review!  It really helped me get excited for our upcoming cruise on Allure on June 9.  We will be celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary and my retirement...can't wait!  I was wondering if you noticed any problems with the Unlimited Dining Package?  Was Izumi Hibachi available any night with this package? (On Oasis with the Ultimate package, they only let you use it the first night and on Allure in March we had to pay $10 pp to use it.)  Also, could you use the restaurants for lunch without issue even on days when you were at a port?  Thanks in advance for your time in answering these questions!

Didn’t notice any issues with the Unlimited package. If the restaurant was open we got food. Embarkment day, Port day, sea day. Port days Sabor opens later but still enough time to get a snack before you head to dinner at a different restaurant for dinner. With this new plan you should be able to eat at Hibachi any night. Though we did first and last night.

You're in for a super cruise! Happy retirement. 

23 hours ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

Thank you for the review and all the pictures.. loved following along. 🙂

Thanks for following along! See you on Harmony in September!

14 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

This was an exceptional review. Thanks for taking the time. Much appreciated. Happy Sailing!! 

Thanks for following along! See you on Harmony in September! 

• Like 1

Way to go Royal Caribbean and crew obtaining a 99% with USPH the day we departed the ship. Your hard work is appreciated.

80ECF172-20C4-4B6A-9AC5-A9BC97F5CF54_zps

May 12, 2019, United States Public Health Inspectors boarded Allure of the Seas while the vessel was in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The Royal Caribbean cruise ship passed USPH Inspection with a high score of 99 points. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:42 PM, MrFunInTheSun said:

Thank you all for following along. There is not one complaint this week. Was everything perfect, no. But everything was just right and the things that may have caused a minor blip in reality is not a big deal in the scheme of things. One must shrug off those small things and smile and keep moving along and enjoying your day.

Thank you for the review!!  It looks like you had a wonderful trip!!

And I love this last paragraph...Nothing is usually perfect, but with the right attitude it can be pretty damn great!!!

On 5/6/2019 at 1:12 PM, MrFunInTheSun said:

I’m not a fan of the new drink package cups currently on Allure of the seas. Unsure if these have rolled out to other ships or not...

EE67586D-27DB-42F1-ACE0-63388352D1A1_zps

Agree...these are interesting and will have to see them to figure them out.  Not sure we will be fans either.  😕 We sail in Feb 2020 for our first trip on Allure, so following this thread to see what else lay ahead.  Thank you for your very detailed review.

MFITS, loved the review and eagerly await your review on the newly AMP'd Lady Oasis in December. We are cruising on her next March doing the same itinerary. It will also be our 1st time on an Oasis class ship!

Thanks again for taking the time to bring us along with you.

We had the new cups on Anthem last week. They were ok. I liked the handle for carrying it around, and the fact that they came with a straw. They were not as easy to hold for drinking as the old ones, because they are larger. If you tuck the straw back in while you are walking around and not drinking, be careful when you pull it out, or you might splash a little on yourself or the person standing next to you. 

3 hours ago, SuzD123 said:

D373A4DB-4274-4D03-B5B1-77AF57340140_zps

Curious about this pic.  Assuming the the dock is for an iPhone only.  Any other special requirements??

It's been a while since I've cruised on Allure and I'm not certain, but I believe that the docks have the old iPhone connectors and won't work with the lightning connectors.  Makes them pretty much useless,

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 1:01 PM, tcmagnum said:

Thank you for the review!!  It looks like you had a wonderful trip!!

And I love this last paragraph...Nothing is usually perfect, but with the right attitude it can be pretty damn great!!!

It was an amazing cruise as usual. 😀 You are correct on the attitude for sure.

On 5/14/2019 at 5:13 PM, SuzD123 said:

Agree...these are interesting and will have to see them to figure them out.  Not sure we will be fans either.  😕 We sail in Feb 2020 for our first trip on Allure, so following this thread to see what else lay ahead.  Thank you for your very detailed review.

Glad you enjoyed and thanks for following along!

21 hours ago, OACAggie said:

MFITS, loved the review and eagerly await your review on the newly AMP'd Lady Oasis in December. We are cruising on her next March doing the same itinerary. It will also be our 1st time on an Oasis class ship!

Thanks again for taking the time to bring us along with you.

December 1 on the beautiful Lady Oasis will surely be an added treat with her upgrade. Am looking forward to it. Glad Lady Harmony is mixed in between though. You’re going to have an amazing cruise.

17 hours ago, SuzD123 said:

BTW...thank you so much for this review!!!

Thanks for following along! 

17 hours ago, kpark895 said:

Thanks for your great review - always look forward to seeing what kind of trouble Andy can get into!

Thanks for following along! See you on Lady Harmony in September.

15 hours ago, cft8 said:

We had the new cups on Anthem last week. They were ok. I liked the handle for carrying it around, and the fact that they came with a straw. They were not as easy to hold for drinking as the old ones, because they are larger. If you tuck the straw back in while you are walking around and not drinking, be careful when you pull it out, or you might splash a little on yourself or the person standing next to you. 

Yeah definitely have to be careful when pulling it out.

14 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

It's been a while since I've cruised on Allure and I'm not certain, but I believe that the docks have the old iPhone connectors and won't work with the lightning connectors.  Makes them pretty much useless,

Correct on that one. For the docking feature this unit is pretty useless as most folks no longer have those older style iPhones. Handy clock though. 

On 5/16/2019 at 8:11 AM, MrFunInTheSun said:

Correct on that one. For the docking feature this unit is pretty useless as most folks no longer have those older style iPhones. Handy clock though. 

I believe there is also a port or 2 on the side of the clock. I forget what it’s for, but I remember thinking that I could still use it as a speaker or charging dock with newer phones. Perhaps there is an audio in and a usb? 

On 5/4/2019 at 7:49 AM, Lovecruisingandmusic said:

If anyone stays in cabin 9697, tell me if you experience a ghost like we did! 

Please speak about your ghostly experience on deck nine. It seems like your original thread on it is gone. 😀