MCO to Port Canaveral

We rented a car from Alamo via the Costco.com website.  You can check prices there even if you're not a member.  In March of 2018 it was $246 total for two days for a minivan; I'm sure cars would've been substantially less.  In my experience, you won't find a lower price anywhere else.  

We picked up the car at the Orlando airport and then returned it to the rental office in Port Canaveral the morning of the cruise.  The same office houses National and Enterprise car rental as well.  It's a very short shuttle ride from the cruise terminal to the rental office.  My suggestion: drop your family and luggage off at the cruise terminal, and then return the car.

Good luck and have a great cruise!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruiseHappy1965 said:

Looking for affordable transportation from the Orlando Airport to the Cocoa Beach area the day before our cruise. Hoping all you cruise critic folks will hook me up!

Ready go!

We've had good luck with Cortrans transportation. Used them twice now. They were very prompt, courteous drivers, and nice shuttle buses. We even met the owner as he was on one of the buses when we were picked up at the port. Just my opinion, YMMV.

Stingray

7 hours ago, CruiseHappy1965 said:

Looking for affordable transportation from the Orlando Airport to the Cocoa Beach area the day before our cruise. Hoping all you cruise critic folks will hook me up!

Ready go!

We booked with Smart Two shuttle service. I can’t remember but I think I paid about $70 for the two of us. Remember, it is an hour away from airport, so it’s going to cost you more.

When we cruise out of PC, we always rent a vehicle from National at the airport.  We always stay at the Radisson at the Port.  We have the car so that we can do some sight seeing in the area.  

On the morning of the cruise, I take the vehicle back and get on their shuttle.  They drop me off at the Radisson and I join up with the rest of my party and get on the hotel shuttle to the ship.

We always stay a day after the cruise so I get on the National shuttle and the rest of my party gets on the hotel shuttle.  I get the vehicle then head for the hotel.  The following morning we all get in the vehicle and head to the airport and drop it off there.

If you do rent a vehicle, make sure you fill it back up with gas before you get near the airport.  They charge an arm and a leg for gas near the airport.

Last we were there (oh, like march 2015), it was $49 a day for a Mazda CX9.  Picked up at the Budget counter, had it to run around in Cocoa Beach the whole day, and dropped it off at the Cocoa Beach budget terminal that had a free shuttle straight to the ship.

What I'm saying is: Check the rental car places, because the deal we got was untouchable by any private transportation company, and the drive was super easy.

2 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

When we cruise out of PC, we always rent a vehicle from National at the airport.  We always stay at the Radisson at the Port.  We have the car so that we can do some sight seeing in the area.  

On the morning of the cruise, I take the vehicle back and get on their shuttle.  They drop me off at the Radisson and I join up with the rest of my party and get on the hotel shuttle to the ship.

We always stay a day after the cruise so I get on the National shuttle and the rest of my party gets on the hotel shuttle.  I get the vehicle then head for the hotel.  The following morning we all get in the vehicle and head to the airport and drop it off there.

If you do rent a vehicle, make sure you fill it back up with gas before you get near the airport.  They charge an arm and a leg for gas near the airport.

There is a Wawa on Goldenrod now, regular prices for gas.

On 5/2/2019 at 10:55 AM, CruiseHappy1965 said:

Ready go!

Take 5 minutes and scan the "Florida departure" section of this website and you will find this has been asked and answered 100's of times. 

Ready go!

When flying in the day before, we typically rent a car through Hertz.  We have AAA and book that rate.  We book early and then keep checking back for cheaper rates.  Just returned today from our latest cruise.  Rented a car last Friday from Hertz MCO and returned it at the Cape Canaveral Hertz on Saturday morning.  The total cost was $70, which is pretty typical to what we pay.  We like to stay at Homewood  Suites, which is right across the street from Hertz.

Going back to MCO after the cruise we always take Cortrans.  It is always an easy and pleasant experience.  Today, we had a 9 am shuttle booked, but were off the ship by 7:40.  Called Jaime and he got us on an 8 am shuttle without any hesitation.  Will always choose Cortrans going back.

As suggested above, precruise we typically rent a car one way but prefer to stay in Orlando (1000s of Hotels in every price range). Post cruise, unless we have a later flight (after about 2:00) we use one of the popular shuttles to get back to MCO.