Puerto Madryn - El Padral

Lanz

I am having second thoughts about booking tour and transfers directly with El Padral.   The reservations would not confirm getting back to the ship by 4:30.  She said the transportation usually leaves at 4:00... What do you think?

Hi Lana,

We have booked an excursion to El Padral but our ship is in port from 8:00 - 6:00 p.m. so I'm confident that we can make it back to the ship with no problems.

Barb

We were on the Zaandam this past February and booked the tour directly with El Pedral. The tour was great, but I was a little nervous about getting back to our ship at our all aboard time of 3:30. We made it, but were walking onto the ship at EXACTLY 3:30. 

Since our tour was shared with non-cruisers I wonder if they have decided it is too rushed for cruises that depart earlier. 

I think they only take 12 people per tour so I wonder if you could get a full group from the ship if they would work with you on the times?

On 5/3/2019 at 3:55 PM, teacherman said:

I am on Zaandam next January.  Our port time does not allow their tour.  She told me that the ship would have to stay until 5 or later.  I think we depart at 4.

We are on the December 18th cruise, and our departure time is listed as 6:00 p.m.  Are you sure that  yours leaves at 4:00?

On 5/6/2019 at 5:02 PM, AryMay said:

We were on the Zaandam this past February and booked the tour directly with El Pedral. The tour was great, but I was a little nervous about getting back to our ship at our all aboard time of 3:30. We made it, but were walking onto the ship at EXACTLY 3:30. 

Since our tour was shared with non-cruisers I wonder if they have decided it is too rushed for cruises that depart earlier. 

I think they only take 12 people per tour so I wonder if you could get a full group from the ship if they would work with you on the times?

I think that we have a reservation with them for December 22nd, but communication with them is difficult because the their translation from Spanish is not complete, i.e. where to send the payment; hours of the tour, etc.  Did you have any difficulty confirming your excursion and did they require advance payment?

Everything I have received lists our port time in Puerto Madryn as 8:00 - 4:00.   I will keep checking.  I did not have difficulty getting in touch with them.  It took a couple of days to receive a response.

1 hour ago, Tampa Girl said:

I think that we have a reservation with them for December 22nd, but communication with them is difficult because the their translation from Spanish is not complete, i.e. where to send the payment; hours of the tour, etc.  Did you have any difficulty confirming your excursion and did they require advance payment?

I had no problems with communication.

We booked directly with El Pedral and had the choice of paying in advance by credit card or paying in cash the day of the tour which we did. (They accepted US dollars for payment.)

I believe the other couple on our tour had booked through Viator (or some other broker) and had paid in advance for their tour. 

40 minutes ago, AryMay said:

I had no problems with communication.

We booked directly with El Pedral and had the choice of paying in advance by credit card or paying in cash the day of the tour which we did. (They accepted US dollars for payment.)

I believe the other couple on our tour had booked through Viator (or some other broker) and had paid in advance for their tour. 

It said "Way to pay":  "MarcadoPago".  Does than mean cash to a particular person?  I think I had better use my online translator!

2 hours ago, teacherman said:

Everything I have received lists our port time in Puerto Madryn as 8:00 - 4:00.   I will keep checking.  I did not have difficulty getting in touch with them.  It took a couple of days to receive a response.

Are you on the January 9th which is eastbound?  That might be the difference.  We are on the westbound.