Zaandam journey

Visiting Quebec City today, where unfortunately the ship cannot continue to Montreal due to the high water level on the St. Lawrence River, we will be disembarking here tomorrow and enjoying a bus trip on to Montreal for our trip home.  So much extra work for the staff logistically.

Can you let us know when you expect to reach Montreal and where you'll be dropped off.  I'll be doing that cruise and I want to be proactive in my travels home in case this happens on my cruise.

Thanks!

While unfortunate for you, this situation is not unusual.  The Maasdam, when she sailed this Spring itinerary, also had issues during some sailings to due to high water beyond Quebec City preventing a regular docking at Montreal.

I hope the OP will consider this as just "another travel adventure".

Thanks for sharing. We are considering a Zaandam cruise this fall which departs from Montreal which we are looking forward to since we have never been there.  It looks like there is a possibility that we will be bused to Quebec City.

But, If you can't handle things like this happening you have no business traveling.

We experienced this in early June many years ago on our first Boston to Montreal cruise on Maasdam. Two years later in the spring we were able to cruise into Montreal without issue. We just took it all as just another adventure.

The bus dropped us off at the port complex in Montreal, same place the ship would have docked. Only thing I would have changed (other than the ship being able to dock in Montreal) was not doing the complimentary bus. The ride made me horribly motion sick. It was cramped and hot and someone had been sick to their tummy in the onboard bathroom. Just thinking of in now makes my tummy wobbly. Dh and I agree we would keep a train schedule handy and just pay for the train ourself, maybe even spend an extra day in QC as it is so lovely and there is so much to see. I have heard it is a nice journey by train from QC to Montreal.

For a fun change and adventure, I'd love to do the train into Montreal next time to pick up the cruise there. Both times we have joined it in Boston. We love Boston too but would love to do the reverse. It's a fantastic cruise. We want to do it again and again.