Nynashamn to Stockholm Hop on Hop Off bus

My husband purchased tickets for the Hop On Hop Off bus but on the confirmation email, it say the buses do not operate Nynashamn, where the NCL Getaway will dock.  Does it mean we will have to find transportation from the pier to one of the HOHO bus stops in Stockholm?  The tickets show the tour operator is "Red City Buses AB" but when I google HOHO buses, the name "Stromma" is the operator of the HOHO buses.  Are there two companies operate the HOHO buses in Stockholm?  I am so confused.

Any clarification will be much appreciated.

1 hour ago, wongcruise said:

My husband purchased tickets for the Hop On Hop Off bus but on the confirmation email, it say the buses do not operate Nynashamn, where the NCL Getaway will dock.  Does it mean we will have to find transportation from the pier to one of the HOHO bus stops in Stockholm?  The tickets show the tour operator is "Red City Buses AB" but when I google HOHO buses, the name "Stromma" is the operator of the HOHO buses.  Are there two companies operate the HOHO buses in Stockholm?  I am so confused.

I know of 2 for certain (Red Bus & Stromma - I was not aware that they were the same company) - there may be more but not sure. There is also the City Sightseeing HOHO. Last season there was a HOHO that picked-up in Nynashamn - hopefully someone with experience on the HOHO from Nynashamn will post.

https://www.redsightseeing.com/en/stockholm/our-tours/hop-on-hop-off-bus/

https://www.stromma.com/en-se/stockholm/sightseeing/sightseeing-by-bus/hop-on-hop-off/

https://city-sightseeing.com/en/109/stockholm

Edited by dogs4fun

• Thank you sdho.  We happen to be on the same sailing as you but I haven't received any email.  Was the email from NCL or from the travel agent?  Which pier in Stockholm - Stadsgarden or Frihamnen?

So glad I asked. 

21 hours ago, wongcruise said:

The tickets show the tour operator is "Red City Buses AB" but when I google HOHO buses, the name "Stromma" is the operator of the HOHO buses.  Are there two companies operate the HOHO buses in Stockholm?  I am so confused.

19 hours ago, dogs4fun said:

I know of 2 for certain (Red Bus & Stromma - I was not aware that they were the same company) - there may be more but not sure. There is also the City Sightseeing HOHO.

All three are different companies and both Strömma and Red also have HoHo boats.

2 hours ago, wongcruise said:
  • Thank you sdho.  We happen to be on the same sailing as you but I haven't received any email.  Was the email from NCL or from the travel agent?  Which pier in Stockholm - Stadsgarden or Frihamnen?

So glad I asked. 

It could be either since both berths are available that day (23rd). Port website still say Nynäshamn though.

On 5/4/2019 at 4:43 AM, wongcruise said:

So glad I asked. 

Sorry, it was from our travel agent - Costco Travel.  Here's the message from them:

Dear Costco Travelers,
Costco Travel received the following itinerary change in regards to your Norwegian Getaway sailing on June 16, 2019.

To enhance the guest experience, Norwegian Getaway will now call on Stockholm, Sweden from 8:30 am to 5:00 p.m. on June 23, 2019.

If you pre-booked your shore excursions though Norwegian Cruise Line for Nynashamn, Sweden, they will be cancelled and refunded to the form of payment. Information on available tours for Stockholm, Sweden will be available once onboard.

If you have any questions, please call Costco Travel at (877) 849-2730. We wish you a wonderful Cruise vacation!

Sincerely,
Costco Travel
1605 NW Sammamish Road, Suite 250
Issaquah, WA 98027

FYI, Also when you log into your NCL "Explore and Plan", the port is now showing "Stockholm, Sweden" but there are no excursions for you to book.

image.png.586c81d2230e0f9f74b3588df53505fc.png

Edited by sdho
added additional info

• 2 weeks later...

I hope you have sorted out where the Getaway is docking in Sweden. Last year we did the Baltic cruise on Regal Princess and docked in Nynashamn. We did the HOHO bus with Stromma and they picked up and dropped off at the pier. It was a good way to get into the city, gave us the flexibility to do what we wanted, and less expensive than the ship's tours.