Signs Ignored....by some anyway

EganFire

What signs do you see that most guests don't see, or at least they don't follow?

On my last cruise while in port and getting ready to walk off the ship it started to rain cats and dogs, so I took sometime to walk around the ship and read pictures and signs and it  hit me, so many signs and some are never followed. It sparked the idea for this post.  I have a few I will share. 

Add your signs that no one (or at least some) don't follow on a ship, or in a port:

IMG_7199.jpg

IMG_2617.HEIC

Edited by EganFire
  • Like 6

Yeah, MCC hit the nail on the head.  If you stand outside the buffet and watch how many people blow right past the hand sanitizer on the way in you will quickly realize why so many cruises are ruined from a norovirus outbreak because a small pack of yahoos figured as long as no one was looking it wouldn't be any big deal to just skip it.

There's only one way to assure your fellow cruisers that you've washed your hands before going in to a room where there's food.

And that's to let them see you doing it.

• Like 1

This sign (and the notes left in the room on check in) were ignored a few times on my recent cruise. The result was the ship having to turn the toilets off in sections of the ship for a period of time.

74c6fcb611609508b56728735e4f512b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Yeah, MCC hit the nail on the head.  If you stand outside the buffet and watch how many people blow right past the hand sanitizer on the way in you will quickly realize why so many cruises are ruined from a norovirus outbreak because a small pack of yahoos figured as long as no one was looking it wouldn't be any big deal to just do it.

That’s why the “washy washy” girls and guys are always someone I say thank you to. Especially if they are aggressive to make sure people washy washy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, allyfrizzle said:

Whoa, I missed that on my last cruise.

But to be fair, there aren't any signs saying this.

On the Gem at least they used to the "Freestyle" Deck. Small forward deck, At times their would be a have dozen topless and bottomless woman up there. I had no idea what freestyle was until I walked up the steps one day Lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EganFire said:

That’s why the “washy washy” girls and guys are always someone I say thank you to. Especially if they are aggressive to make sure people washy washy.

wrong quote sorry

Edited by Birdie And Sue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

Yeah, MCC hit the nail on the head.  If you stand outside the buffet and watch how many people blow right past the hand sanitizer on the way in you will quickly realize why so many cruises are ruined from a norovirus outbreak because a small pack of yahoos figured as long as no one was looking it wouldn't be any big deal to just skip it.

There's only one way to assure your fellow cruisers that you've washed your hands before going in to a room where there's food.

Except that washy washy does nothing to a virus.  That is just a last ditch fail safe for people who do not wash their hands sufficiently with hot water and soap.  I never use the washy washy.  I do not like how slimy and nasty it is on my hands.  If you really want to comr into the bathroom with me to watch my wash my hands to your standards, feel free to do so.  It is not my job to assure you that I do anything.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Laszlo said:

On the Gem at least they used to the "Freestyle" Deck. Small forward deck, At times their would be a have dozen topless and bottomless woman up there. I had no idea what freestyle was until I walked up the steps one day Lol

i started cruising in 1991 and back then carnival had the topless deck. well, i made several trips up there to look for cuba. LOL.

• Like 1

First night on the Escape out of NYC last October, walking around the Waterfront the first evening just after sunset, say MULTIPLE groups of people smoking right in front of the "no smoking" plaques on the walls behind the couches, and with "no smoking" plaques on all of the table tops.

One every cruise I've been on, the "No one under 18 after..." signs in Headliners, District Brew House, Spice H2O, etc. people bring in their babies or toddlers well after the stated time.

6 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

Hand sanitizer is not nearly as effective as washing with soap and water.  If fact, studies have shown, people rely on HS and skip washing their hands, increasing the chance to pass germs.  If you rely on people using the HS you have a lot to learn.

• Like 4