New Bedding on the Royal

Sweetiepie3

*The Princess Luxury Bed is now available on board Ruby Princess, Emerald Princess, Coral Princess, Sun Princess, Grand Princess, Caribbean Princess, Majestic Princess, Pacific Princess, Golden Princess, Sea Princess, Star Princess, Island Princess, Sapphire Princess, Crown Princess and Diamond Princess. And will debut on Royal Princess & Regal Princess in 2019. Please note this schedule is subject to change.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/princess-luxury-bed/

According to this they are not currently installed on Royal Princess.

We had a new mattress.  We toured some other cabins during a cabin crawl and the suite had the new bedding that we recognized from our cruise on the Crown 7 months ago. 

10 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

We had a new mattress.  We toured some other cabins during a cabin crawl and the suite had the new bedding that we recognized from our cruise on the Crown 7 months ago. 

Yeah, the suite roll out of the Bed happened a lot faster and is already complete. The rest of the roll out was slower. But I guess Princess did say that suites would get the bed before the rest of the ship.

Don't know if it's applicable, but when we boarded the Royal a week ago, a huge forklift was removing large pallets of old mattresses. I suspect that at least some of the ship has been converted. Sorry, I wouldn't know how to recognize a new mattress, but the ones we have are very nice....

As we were leaving the Royal this AM, I decided to strip the end of the bed and checked the mattress label. It did say something like "Princess Luxury Bed" so I will assume our Baja deck balcony cabin did have the upgraded mattress

44 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

As we were leaving the Royal this AM, I decided to strip the end of the bed and checked the mattress label. It did say something like "Princess Luxury Bed" so I will assume our Baja deck balcony cabin did have the upgraded mattress

What cabin were you in?  We’re in B709 in July. Thanks. 

We were on the Royal a couple of weeks ago ... definitely had one of their new mattresses.  Sooooo very comfy!!  Best beds ever on any cruise line!!  

PS ... we were midship on the Emerald deck 

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, DDG 41 said:

Yeah, the suite roll out of the Bed happened a lot faster and is already complete. The rest of the roll out was slower. But I guess Princess did say that suites would get the bed before the rest of the ship.

9 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Don't know if it's applicable, but when we boarded the Royal a week ago, a huge forklift was removing large pallets of old mattresses. I suspect that at least some of the ship has been converted. Sorry, I wouldn't know how to recognize a new mattress, but the ones we have are very nice....

We were on the lowly Emerald deck in the very fron section and we had a great mattress. Huge improvement over the mattresses a year ago.  Wondering if they replace the mattresses in chronological order.  We were in E107, so maybe we were among the first to get the new mattresses (not counting full Suites, of course). 

We left the Royal last Saturday morning, April 27th, and wouldn't you know it, our steward told us they were getting the new mattresses that day! We missed it by a week. We had cruised on the Emerald last July and they did have the new mattresses. They were wonderful! I did wake up with a back ache on this trip each day.  The new mattresses would have been great, but that's the way it goes!!

I disembarked the Royal yesterday.  I kept forgetting to ask my steward if I had the new mattress, regardless it was the best mattress I've ever slept on, so I am assuming it was new!  I was in E407.

18 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

Just off the Royal yesterday stayed in L101 and it seems like it had the new bedding. Pillows were so soft and so was the bed. Never asked the steward if the mattress was new or not 

My mattress was firm, just the way I like it.

On 5/4/2019 at 1:07 PM, Cruise Raider said:

We were on the Royal a couple of weeks ago ... definitely had one of their new mattresses.  Sooooo very comfy!!  Best beds ever on any cruise line!! 

This!  Was on Royal in D730 on last sailing in March.

• Like 1