Dubrovnik Cruise Port

cruisead

Can someone using a mobility scooter get from the cruise port to the Old Town?  We've never been to this port before and would very much like to just walk(me) and scooter(DH) around the old town if it's possible.  

Thanks

2 hours ago, cruisead said:

Can someone using a mobility scooter get from the cruise port to the Old Town?  We've never been to this port before and would very much like to just walk(me) and scooter(DH) around the old town if it's possible.  

Thanks

It is not really close walking distance. It probably woiuld take 40 minutes walking. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

I was hesitant to respond to the question since our visit there was on a self-drive tour in 1977.  BUT my recollection of the Old Town (which was before "the troubles") is that it would be do-able.  A 40 minute walk to Old Town as referenced above might well NOT be do-able.  You certainly could NOT do the ramparts with a scooter.  Well, maybe if some nice people would carry it up the stairs for you.  As I remember the ramparts, they were quite wide -- I'd think wide enough for a scooter but I could be wrong about that!  It's been a long time ...

We were there in July when it was brutally hot. Still, back when we were there, there was much to see in the Old Town.  We even got admission to the old Synagogue which back then had very few members.  I wonder if it still exists.

Mura

It's been a few years since we've been there but perhaps there is more than one dock? I tend to remember being parked right at the town and it wasn't much walk to the old section. I could have it confused with some other port. As I don't take notes I may have a faulty memory. 

1 hour ago, cruisead said:

Thank you for the responses.  Mira, what are “the troubles?”

The Bosnian War. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_War

We were there in Nov. 2016.  the docks were some distance from town, had to take a shuttle to just outside old town.  If I remember correctly, there was a ramp that went down into old town from the street level.  But there were only steps that went up to the ramparts - you can go all the way around the city on the ramparts.

Edited by arima22