Cruise Critic Community
EganFire

Belize Fishing Excursion

On a recent NCL cruise to Harvest Caye, I took the Fishing Catch and Release excursion. It was conducted by Garbutts Fishing. 

They met us at the marina, and took 10 guests onto the ship. The staff consisted of Captain Sterling, Brandon and Rebecca. We left the marina, and were on the way to our first fishing location.

They provided extra assistance for those who have never fished and or had questions. I baited two hooks, dropped the line in the water, and had my first catch before I could say the word Fishing. I caught 4 different varieties of fish, and caught about 19 fish on the excursion. Sometimes two on the line (See picture below). 

They provided water, and delicious fresh cut watermelon and pineapple. The boat had plenty of room for us. The staff also took time to talk about Belize and the area. 

One guest had some motion sickness and the staff was great. They had ginger beer, and ginger soda for him immediately, they also had Dramamine if needed. 

The staff did discuss they are new, and will be expanding to more excursion options soon. Including a catch and cook on the beach version. They mentioned their fleet is 11 ships, and they are all local owned and staffed. 

I would certainly repeat this excursion, it was fun, well run, and the staff was friendly, helpful, and informative. 

4a481bec6ab544234c2c1a8a1d3ec73e.jpg

This is Brandon one of the guides. I forgot to mention they anchor and stop the engine at each location. So no smell of exhaust while fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double catch. Two hooks one line.

ef1f467294a1b894d9de699c913be014.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk