When does Princess EZ-Air ticket the flight?

United_11

Hi All!

Does anyone know how far out Princess tickets/pays for EZ-Air flights? I'm booked on a cruise from Southampton in June and for the first time am using Princess EZ-Air for the flights. It was my assumption that the flights would be ticketed 45 days out, since that's the deadline for making changes with no fees/penalty, but so far they have not been. I've checked the airline website and they still show as ticket pending. The flight is 39 days out and the cruise is 43 days out. Is this normal?

Contact Princess and tell them to ticket your reservation.  I've had them automatically issue the ticket anywhere from final payment date up to around 40 days before the cruise but they will ticket it on request.  If you're using a TA, then have them contact Princess about this.

Edited by azbirdmom

4 hours ago, Kamloops50 said:

Certain airlines can only be ticketed 45 days before departure. Princess has a form that you can fax in to get Early Ticketting.

OP is only 39 days away from, flight and has not been ticketed yet. Obviously 45 days is an estimate, not a promise.

Once you are at the 45 day mark, a form to request ticketing should not be needed.

I had the same issue:  Princess did not ticket the flight after we made final payment.  We wanted to get airline seats.  Air Canada would not give us seats until the fare was paid.  I called Princess.  It took a while, but they finally made the payment to the airlines and ticketed the flight.  We got our seats.  Another reason that I don't really like EZAir, but it saves us money, so we keep using it.

Ohiodoglover

3 hours ago, OhioDogLover said:

I had the same issue:  Princess did not ticket the flight after we made final payment.  We wanted to get airline seats.  Air Canada would not give us seats until the fare was paid.  I called Princess.  It took a while, but they finally made the payment to the airlines and ticketed the flight.  We got our seats.  Another reason that I don't really like EZAir, but it saves us money, so we keep using it.

Ohiodoglover

I’ve never had problems with Air Canada on EzAir for seats. My issue has been with WestJet not allowing me to pick Seas, with Air Canada I go directly to the website to chose my seats. 

??? What is everyone here chatting about? I don't understand the ticket conversations. We booked and paid in full EZ air and are leaving in 33 days. Am i suppose to recieve something printed ? I haver always used our TA but this time booked it all through Princess. 

9 minutes ago, liamur14 said:

??? What is everyone here chatting about? I don't understand the ticket conversations. We booked and paid in full EZ air and are leaving in 33 days. Am i suppose to recieve something printed ? I haver always used our TA but this time booked it all through Princess. 

Airlines stopped using paper tickets ages ago (although someone will no doubt post about having one).  "Ticketed" doesn't mean printed.  It means something like a hold is firmed up - think of it that way.  Anyway, contact EZ Air or Princess about your flight.  Perhaps you are ticketed and don't realize it.  Have you considered going into the airline website (the one you are flying with) and checking the reservation file status?

14 minutes ago, liamur14 said:

Steelers 36. I just went into West Jet and our reservations are there . So Am I ticketed ? 

Probably, but I cannot tell from here.  Just give their reservations line a call and a rep can quickly tell you.  Do you have seats selected?

3 minutes ago, liamur14 said:

No seats , we do that 24 ahead 

That works if you aren't particular and most passengers don't pre-select (leaving more open for 24 hr mark).  I just figure the cost of seat selection has been broken out from the fare and is part of the cost.

Edited by steelers36

48 minutes ago, liamur14 said:

Steelers 36. I just went into West Jet and our reservations are there . So Am I ticketed ? 

With Westjet you cannot see the booking on their website until it is ticketed.

I guess it can depend on the airline.  We are taking EZ AIR on SAS in August and we were allowed to choose our seats quite a long time ago even though we haven’t paid in full yet.

On 5/4/2019 at 6:25 AM, OhioDogLover said:

Ohiodoglover

What are your other reason(s)?

21 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Airlines stopped using paper tickets ages ago (although someone will no doubt post about having one).  "Ticketed" doesn't mean printed.  It means something like a hold is firmed up - think of it that way.  Anyway, contact EZ Air or Princess about your flight.  Perhaps you are ticketed and don't realize it.  Have you considered going into the airline website (the one you are flying with) and checking the reservation file status?

Use caution while checking airline sites after making EZAir reservations with a flexible fare,. American Airlines shows that I need to contact them to finalize the reservation. This will not change until Princess tickets the flight at final payment. Seeing that notice could startle those who do not know better into paying the airline direct. Once you pay and are ticketed the flexible part of the fare is gone. A poster who got reservations with United got an email requesting payment. It appears that the airlines systems do not interface well with EZAir at this time.

Thanks all for the feedback. Princess finally ticketed the flights on Tuesday which was 35 days before the flight. Once the flights were ticketed, I was able to select seats on BA. Now that I know there can be delays between final payment and when the flights are ticketed, in the future I will probably call right after final payment to have the flights ticketed.

Happy cruising! 🛳️