Haunted cabin

I don't usually believe in these kind of things but a couple of years ago I had a similar experience on a Hotel room on the Holiday Inn Burbank-Media Center.

I was there with a friend as we were going to a U2 concert, each one sleeping on each bead. Suddenly I had the sensation that someone was in the room and walking around, then I felt someone's hand grabbing the back of my head and whispered  something in a language I have never heard before to my ear. I opened my eyes and no one was there, I watched my watch and it was around 3:00 am so I figured out it was a very realistic and strange dream and went back to sleep. The next morning I was telling my friend about what I thought was my dream and as I was talking his face paled. Then he told me that around 3:00 am he suddenly wake up and watched someone standing in front of my bed, then the figure started to walk towards me and he turned around and covered himself with the blankets. 

I went to see the door security lock (I'm sorry, I don't know how this thing is called), the one that you use to prevent the door to be opened from outside even if someone has the key. It was in its place.

So I believe you.

• Like 2

I have had one spooky thing happen to me once.  I felt a tap on my shoulder while in the bathroom of our room on Hawaii.  After we left, we learned that the property was supposedly haunted, due to being built too close to an ancient burial ground!

Edited by vacationlover_mn

1 hour ago, carlosalonsor said:

I don't usually believe in these kind of things but a couple of years ago I had a similar experience on a Hotel room on the Holiday Inn Burbank-Media Center.

I was there with a friend as we were going to a U2 concert, each one sleeping on each bead. Suddenly I had the sensation that someone was in the room and walking around, then I felt someone's hand grabbing the back of my head and whispered  something in a language I have never heard before to my ear. I opened my eyes and no one was there, I watched my watch and it was around 3:00 am so I figured out it was a very realistic and strange dream and went back to sleep. The next morning I was telling my friend about what I thought was my dream and as I was talking his face paled. Then he told me that around 3:00 am he suddenly wake up and watched someone standing in front of my bed, then the figure started to walk towards me and he turned around and covered himself with the blankets. 

I went to see the door security lock (I'm sorry, I don't know how this thing is called), the one that you use to prevent the door to be opened from outside even if someone has the key. It was in its place.

So I believe you.

I was skeptical until it happened and I would have believed I was dreaming if my cabin mates didn't experience the same thing.  Your experience sounds freaky as you felt someone touch and talk to you! I hope you don't experience something like this again.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I have had one spooky thing happen to me once.  I felt a tap on my shoulder while in the bathroom of our room on Hawaii.  After we left, we learned that the property was supposedly haunted, due to being built too close to an ancient burial ground!

You never know where a spirit may hang out and this time, it was in cabin 9697! 

12 minutes ago, Lovecruisingandmusic said:

I was skeptical until it happened and I would have believed I was dreaming if my cabin mates didn't experience the same thing.  Your experience sounds freaky as you felt someone touch and talk to you! I hope you don't experience something like this again.

I hope so too! :classic_laugh:

Edited by carlosalonsor

Well, we are in Allure cabin 9695 for the May 12 sailing!I will post our experience if we have any paranormal activity! I will say that several years ago we were at the pond on our property in the country and randomly took several pictures of the trees as it was fall. When we looked at them that evening on the digital camera there were wispy areas of smoke in the shape of people. Not a fire around! This property was the home for native Americans as we have found arrowheads (hundreds) and pottery on the property. Needless to say, we believe they were real spirits!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hannahsnana said:

Well, we are in Allure cabin 9695 for the May 12 sailing!I will post our experience if we have any paranormal activity!

Oh please let me know! I was freaked out because it was my first experience but I always felt safe and it was the footsteps and moving hangers but no one spoke or touched us, or turned on lights/tv.  When the lights were on and during the day it was all fine.  I would have asked their name if I wasn't scared.

2 hours ago, carlosalonsor said:

Then he told me that around 3:00 am he suddenly wake up and watched someone standing in front of my bed, then the figure started to walk towards me and he turned around and covered himself with the blankets. 

If I saw someone in my room the last thing I would do is turn round and cover myself with blankets, I'm going to search for the George Smith story, I'm staying just a few cabins down in a few weeks.

I've read it and I'm talking and making friends with no one ever again on a ship, terrible thing to happen.

Edited by dwhe
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, dwhe said:

If I saw someone in my room the last thing I would do is turn round and cover myself with blankets, I'm going to search for the George Smith story, I'm staying just a few cabins down in a few weeks.

That was exactly what I told him! "Why did you do nothing, you coward?!" :classic_laugh:

Edited by carlosalonsor
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dwhe said:

I've read it and I'm talking and making friends with no one ever again on a ship, terrible thing to happen.

I can't find the George Smith story.  Could someone post a link?   Thanks!

My husband has his own personal "spirit." It's a trickster. I can't tell you how many times it has played tricks on us. It has even gone on vacation with us.

It moves things for us. For instance, I will be looking for something, can't find it. Clean off the whole entire surface. Leave, come back and there it is.

It even messes with the dogs. Pokes them in the butt. Every once in a while we will watch them, following something we can't see, in tandem. 

They're there!

• Like 1

So am I just out of the loop and this is some sort of satire making fun of those delusional people on those tv shows with sound recorders and stuff that try to contact "ghosts", or are you all actually serious?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am still on the fence about spirits, but reading these stories sure give me the chills. I know if I woke up and saw someone standing at my bed I would be up in a flash and the lights would be on. Not sure how someone just turns over and pulls the covers up. Same thing if I hear someone walking around the room.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ibonexheadi said:

So am I just out of the loop and this is some sort of satire making fun of those delusional people on those tv shows with sound recorders and stuff that try to contact "ghosts", or are you all actually serious?

I don’t watch ghost hunter shows. I just shared my experience and it so happened to be on a ship. 

33 minutes ago, Espn said:

I am still on the fence about spirits, but reading these stories sure give me the chills. I know if I woke up and saw someone standing at my bed I would be up in a flash and the lights would be on. Not sure how someone just turns over and pulls the covers up. Same thing if I hear someone walking around the room.

I thought I must be dreaming and tired so I went back to sleep. The other nights I didn’t turn on the lights because my cabin mates were both sleeping so no point in waking them up due to footsteps. They eventually stopped and then I went to sleep. I was freaked but it wasn’t that I couldn’t sleep at all and was going to keep everyone else awake, if the spirit was doing more than walking around maybe I would have wanted the lights on.