Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Wow, now that's a story about your mom!

 

The ship was still in Military set up, and she describes it as no cruise. She was sick a lot. The train ride from the east coast of Canada to Ontario was much better as the story goes. She has apprehensive when she sailed with us a few yers ago about sea sickness, but Oasis was good to her.  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

 

The ship was still in Military set up, and she describes it as no cruise. She was sick a lot. The train ride from the east coast of Canada to Ontario was much better as the story goes. She has apprehensive when she sailed with us a few yers ago about sea sickness, but Oasis was good to her.  😉

 

North Atlantic crossing, might have been lots of movement on that sailing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess I'm late to this thread, but wanted to thank the OP for posting her experience - this was a fun read!

 

While I've never had a definitive personal experience, I try and keep an open mind.  Have gone on many ghost tours and stayed/toured at 'haunted' sites (like the Queen Mary) and enjoy the history and stories.

 

Cheers,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were in an Owner’s Suite on the Allure last October and one afternoon half way through the cruise we heard knocking, banging, and a sound like furniture was being dragged across the cabin and the balcony. It went on for hours on a day when (fortunately) we were in the cabin for hours. It was some unrelenting that I tried to see what might be happening, but there was no evidence of life up there except the noise. I happened to be on the phone later with the concierge and told her about it - she said she would check on it. Later that day she reported that she first called management and was told that the OS above us was unoccupied (and that there was no work scheduled for it). However, after another 2-3 calls, she discovered that there was indeed work going on in the cabin and the balcony. 

 

Whew, at least that was done and over as she assured me they would not return. Except it wasn’t - about 11 pm the ghostly friends above us began their furniture moving once again for the next hour. So, we deemed it the Allure Owner’s Suite Ghost 😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

Whew, at least that was done and over as she assured me they would not return. Except it wasn’t - about 11 pm the ghostly friends above us began their furniture moving once again for the next hour. So, we deemed it the Allure Owner’s Suite Ghost 😱

I got excited when I started reading your post about a ghost on Allure! Thankfully no loud noises like furniture moving in our cabin.  One time I was in the cabin solo and I had this weird feeling something was with me so I went to open the balcony so the Boardwalk music could filter in.  I think I was just being Paranoid Pete! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lovecruisingandmusic said:

I got excited when I started reading your post about a ghost on Allure! Thankfully no loud noises like furniture moving in our cabin.  One time I was in the cabin solo and I had this weird feeling something was with me so I went to open the balcony so the Boardwalk music could filter in.  I think I was just being Paranoid Pete! 

I did have to laugh a bit when I your first post given our experience! We are not believers in paranormal, but it was a nice inside joke with the concierge all week!

 

But the hanger issue also make me think of the problem people reported that cruised in the 2 br 2 ba NCL Haven villas - the second bedroom, if empty, had lots of hangers that would bump together as the ship rocked in the night when the ship was  otherwise quiet (and has been known to scare the bejeezus out of people 👻)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2Beeze said:

But the hanger issue also make me think of the problem people reported that cruised in the 2 br 2 ba NCL Haven villas - the second bedroom, if empty, had lots of hangers that would bump together as the ship rocked in the night when the ship was  otherwise quiet (and has been known to scare the bejeezus out of people 👻)

It was weird as the waters were calm and it was just a minute after we shut off the lights! Not before that and then not after when we friend moved them twice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for posting this....this completely explains the moaning I heard every night from the next door cabin on my Oasis crews a few years back.  All those years of wondering.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question about the ghost: Was he clothed? I've always been confused about how ghosts are seen/depicted as having clothing. One wouldn't expect the clothing to take a trip to the after-life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 9:46 PM, ibonexheadi said:

So am I just out of the loop and this is some sort of satire making fun of those delusional people on those tv shows with sound recorders and stuff that try to contact "ghosts", or are you all actually serious?

No. I think some people are just more sensitive to spirits.  I used to work in an office that was haunted. I was working by myself one weekend and my desk drawer opened as I was walking out of my office to go to the restroom.  When I came back in, something gripped my wrist.  

I had been told the ghost didn’t like for people to be there “after hours.” I decided to leave and locked the bottom lock on the door. Just after I removed the key- the deadbolt locked on its own. 

 

I didn’t even have a key for the deadbolt nor did anyone else except the senior partner of the firm.  He had left it unlocked knowing I had to drop off some things over the weekend. He was puzzled when he came in the following Monday and the deadbolt was locked. 

Edited by legaljen1969

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, opshannon said:

Question about the ghost: Was he clothed? I've always been confused about how ghosts are seen/depicted as having clothing. One wouldn't expect the clothing to take a trip to the after-life. 

So the one my brother in law saw, was fully clothed... looked just like a normal person

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, legaljen1969 said:

No. I think some people are just more sensitive to spirits.  I used to work in an office that was haunted. I was working by myself one weekend and my desk drawer opened as I was walking out of my office to go to the restroom.  When I came back in, something gripped my wrist.  

I had been told the ghost didn’t like for people to be there “after hours.” I decided to leave and locked the bottom lock on the door. Just after I removed the key- the deadbolt locked on its own. 

 

I didn’t even have a key for the deadbolt nor did anyone else except the senior partner of the firm.  He had left it unlocked knowing I had to drop off some things over the weekend. He was puzzled when he came in the following Monday and the deadbolt was locked. 

When you say ghosts don’t like people there after hours, do we know if they observe Daylight Saving Time? Because that affects when “after hours” is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

So the one my brother in law saw, was fully clothed... looked just like a normal person

 

5 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

So the one my brother in law saw, was fully clothed... looked just like a normal person

I wonder where ghosts keep their clothes. Also, how often do you guys think they wash them?

Edited by opshannon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, opshannon said:

When you say ghosts don’t like people there after hours, do we know if they observe Daylight Saving Time? Because that affects when “after hours” is.  

I have no idea.  All I know is I was there on a day and at a time when people would not ordinarily be working in our office.    Like our usual office hours were 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.   If someone was still there working at 8-9 p.m. there would usually be some sort of activity- things randomly falling off shelves, books or pens being thrown. 


Anyhow, I know some people don't believe and that's okay.  It's just hard for me not to believe in otherworldly occurrences when things happen that are not easily explained in any other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually captured a photo of a ghost in our cabin.  He claimed he was a friendly ghost, but I think he was getting into our wine, because it kept disappearing.

 

haunted.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG - I actually freaked out and went into my old files to research our 8/18/13 cruise on Allure.  We had cabins on Deck 9 (myself + 3 kids in teens & early 20s).  We buried DH's ashes at sea on that trip.  RCL helped us with all of the arrangements -- DH had loved our family cruise vacations, and had requested the burial at sea.  I admit to being  relieved to see that our cabin numbers didn't match yours.  On the other hand, I'd like to think DH would have been having a great time partying elsewhere on the ship instead of pacing in a cabin...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2019 at 10:44 PM, opshannon said:

Question about the ghost: Was he clothed? I've always been confused about how ghosts are seen/depicted as having clothing. One wouldn't expect the clothing to take a trip to the after-life. 

I've never seen our ghost or whatever you want to call it. However seeing it without clothes......eewwwww

Edited by Bailey & Sophie
Spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was on a seven-day-cruise with the Allure of the Seas and arrived last Sunday. I stayed at cabin 9-699. That Thursday around 0330 am I woke up to use the restroom and went back to bed. Still awake, I saw a shadow inside my cabin moving from 9-701 (my in-law cabin), inside my cabin and moving towards my bathroom. I saw it clearly. It was wearing what seemed to be like a robe, with a very rounded head. Rounded like a bowling ball and similar in size as well. I’ve seen shadows before so I didn’t get scared, but I wasn’t expecting this activity inside a cruise cabin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2019 at 9:19 PM, KuffMUp said:

Now you made me look it up.  9062.  This will make our second time on Brilliance and both times deck 9 but I somehow didn't pick that room. Whew.  

 

 

I had a very creepy experience on Brilliance last spring on the way to Scotland. It was a woman though. She told me her name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Monterod said:

I was on a seven-day-cruise with the Allure of the Seas and arrived last Sunday. I stayed at cabin 9-699. That Thursday around 0330 am I woke up to use the restroom and went back to bed. Still awake, I saw a shadow inside my cabin moving from 9-701 (my in-law cabin), inside my cabin and moving towards my bathroom. I saw it clearly. It was wearing what seemed to be like a robe, with a very rounded head. Rounded like a bowling ball and similar in size as well. I’ve seen shadows before so I didn’t get scared, but I wasn’t expecting this activity inside a cruise cabin.

Thanks for sharing your experience! Could you tell if it was a male or a female and did anyone else see the ghost? I'm pretty certain I saw a tall man. Was it just one time you saw/felt it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read the first couple of pages of this thread before our cruise and then thought nothing more. Fast forward a few days and we are onboard Oasis. So, we are at Dinner and DD's friend who is 17 and has never been anywhere near cruise critic or this thread told me that she woke up in the night and thought she saw a man walking round their cabin 😱

 

I told her she probably had a bad dream .....

7306  if you want to avoid that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

 

I had a very creepy experience on Brilliance last spring on the way to Scotland. It was a woman though. She told me her name.

Oh do share your experience! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, livylotte said:

I read the first couple of pages of this thread before our cruise and then thought nothing more. Fast forward a few days and we are onboard Oasis. So, we are at Dinner and DD's friend who is 17 and has never been anywhere near cruise critic or this thread told me that she woke up in the night and thought she saw a man walking round their cabin 😱

 

I told her she probably had a bad dream .....

7306  if you want to avoid that one.

We should start a list of stateroom numbers to avoid on which ships! Did she just see him once?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...