Haunted cabin

1 hour ago, Monterod said:

I couldn't tell the gender at all and my wife was asleep when I saw it. The shadow was tall for sure. It moved like it was floating from right to left. That perfectly rounded head caught my attention fast. Once I got back I started researching this incident and came up with this page and comments. A coworker also told me about deaths in the Allure after I told her about this.

Our stateroom attendant said someone dies on Allure almost every cruise so there could be a party of ghosts! I saw a tall man, but maybe he looked tall from the bed as he was standing at the foot of the bed watching me sleep.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:47 AM, Lovecruisingandmusic said:

Our stateroom attendant said someone dies on Allure almost every cruise

3 hours ago, LoveTheSoul said:

Uh, WHAT?! 😱

I've heard statistics like this on CC before so did some research.  From what I could find searching the internet, there was a report from 2015 that calculated that 200 people die annually on cruise ships, and also saw other estimates up to 300.  Breaking that down, would calculate that around 18 to 25 people die each week on a cruise ship (Note that almost all of these are from natural causes).

Since there are a lot more than 25 cruise ships (over 300), one a week per ship is not realistic, but being that Allure is one of the biggest ships out there, it would make sense that they see deaths quite regularly.

Was once on a ghost tour in Las Vegas and the guide told us that if the hotel room you were staying is was over 20 years old, the odds say that someone had died in that room.  But that was a guide on a ghost tour...

Edited by DandDM

8 hours ago, DandDM said:

Breaking that down, would calculate that around 18 to 25 people die each week on a cruise ship (Note that almost all of these are from natural causes).

Gosh, that was a typo. Should read, 18 to 25 each MONTH!  4 to 6 a week. Typing faster than my calculator can keep up.  

39 minutes ago, DandDM said:

Gosh, that was a typo. Should read, 18 to 25 each MONTH!  4 to 6 a week. Typing faster than my calculator can keep up.  

Thanks for providing this interesting information! Good to know it doesn’t sound possible someone dies weekly on the same ship. But with 4-6/week on all ships, I can only imagine all the other spirits on the high seas! 

Took a 14 night full transit Panama Cruise on the Celebrity Infinity in January, 2003. There were FIVE people who died on board that cruise!!  They are usually off-loaded at the next port. The demographics on that cruise were mainly people over 65. One of the crew members told us it was not unusual at all to have a passenger die on board.

Cruises are for newlyweds and nearly deads...

We had a ghost in our room on the ncl spirit, as other rooms near us were as well. deck 12.

We had a room down the hall and they were freaking out, but were glad to know we had

Casper also.

We mentioned this to a ships officer and he said that is why they call

the ship the Spirit. 😎 not trying to convince anyone at all. When you see a ghost

and other experiences you will know it. Boo!

sean and captain.jpg

12 hours ago, cujosmom said:

Took a 14 night full transit Panama Cruise on the Celebrity Infinity in January, 2003. There were FIVE people who died on board that cruise!!  They are usually off-loaded at the next port. The demographics on that cruise were mainly people over 65. One of the crew members told us it was not unusual at all to have a passenger die on board.

I took a cruise on Infinity in 2002 and I can believe 5 people dying on one cruise! My sister and I were the only ones in the club every night lol! We were there to visit my friend who was crew. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 7:39 PM, Lovecruisingandmusic said:

If your cabin is not by 9697 on Allure, don't worry! Even if it is, the spirit never harmed us.  Just walked around and looking around it seems.

I was on cabin 9699 and I saw that shadow (kind of tall, couldn't ID gender, with a very rounded bowling ball size head) float from the 9701's connecting door towards my bathroom, so chances are it was going towards 9697. I wonder what happened in that room though.

On 5/4/2019 at 10:12 AM, skyking said:

This is a really great thread, I believe 100% this happens, and yes cruise ships are small cities, and people to pass in these cabins.    I should take my EVP recorder, and EMF detector on our next cruise.   

On a side note I did go to the wrong cabin once, same cabin number on the opposite side of the ship, I was pretty intoxicated, but my key OPENED the door, I walked in and all the lights were off, and someone was in the bed.   I got the heck out of there fast, and went to my cabin. 

I reported to guest services that this happened, and that my key did open the door, they didn't seem to care at all.   This was on the Navigator by the way years ago. 

I'll be hitting the Navigator next month...nice.

16 minutes ago, frankdp said:

Many of you desperately need a cruise.   Just an FYI.....there are no ghosts.

I kept telling my DH there was someone walking around around in a cabin in Maine. He got irritated with my waking him up three nights running. 

He moved into the other bedroom right next door. 

I woke up hearing someone turning the knob on the front door. 

It was my DH. I asked him what he was doing. He shushed me and whispered that someone was walking around and he was checking doors and windows to make sure they were locked. They were, and the deadbolts were locked, too. 

I reminded him that I had told him I heard footsteps. He said that that was my imagination but that what he heard was real. 

He, the nonbeliever, will tell anyone that he heard someone that wasn’t there. 

7 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I kept telling my DH there was someone walking around around in a cabin in Maine. He got irritated with my waking him up three nights running. 

He moved into the other bedroom right next door. 

I woke up hearing someone turning the knob on the front door. 

It was my DH. I asked him what he was doing. He shushed me and whispered that someone was walking around and he was checking doors and windows to make sure they were locked. They were, and the deadbolts were locked, too. 

I reminded him that I had told him I heard footsteps. He said that that was my imagination but that what he heard was real. 

He, the nonbeliever, will tell anyone that he heard someone that wasn’t there. 

What ship was this? Yeah, I heard footsteps pacing in our room and no one physically came in and my cabin mates were sleeping.

32 minutes ago, Lovecruisingandmusic said:

What ship was this? Yeah, I heard footsteps pacing in our room and no one physically came in and my cabin mates were sleeping.

It wasn’t a ship. 

It was a cabin in Maine on my husband’s family’s property. 

The footsteps were so real I could hear them walking toward the bedroom. They got closer and closer but never came into the room. 

That’s how my husband described them, too. 

He was absolutely sure he was hearing a live person. 

There are woods behind the cabin, and behind those woods is Cranberryhorn Hill cemetery. 

In that cemetery are the graves of people killed by Indians in the late 1700’s. 

I don't know this this ghost has walked for that long, or he’s newer, but no one has ever died in that cabin. The salt water farm it is on dates back to the 1700’s, when the island was first settled by whites. 

Even my DH would swear in court to those footsteps. 

Hi just reading and thought I would share a website that gives info on people who died on cruise ships.  It’s called cruiseshipdeaths.com

it lists names/ cruise ship and sometimes the cabin number.  It’s an eye opener for sure. 

On 5/8/2019 at 9:19 PM, KuffMUp said:

Now you made me look it up.  9062.  This will make our second time on Brilliance and both times deck 9 but I somehow didn't pick that room. Whew.  

We are also on the Brilliance next year. We are on her from May 2 until May 29. We are in rooms 9260 and 9660. I had to double check our rooms because I also wouldn't want to be in that room.

I am interested in learning how many people reached for their phones or cameras in these stories to try to take a picture of these intruders? 

And how many people have awakened a cabin-mate who then saw the same thing?

A common element to these stories is that the person allegedly seeing the entity has been sleeping. Upon being "awakened", the person does not ever move, or call for help, or scream, or take a picture, or do anything at all. Totally different from what they would do if these events occurred while sitting awake--an uninvited intruder walking around any cabin would likely result in bloody murder screaming to get out.

Every story has a reason for the lack of movement. Someone doesn't want to disturb their spouse or roommate--really? You think the roommate will be less disturbed to find out you silently allowed an intruder to watch them sleep? Would you do that at home while awake--allow a trespasser to enter a room and watch people sleep without a peep of objection?

Rationalizing the inaction in these stories is the mind's way of reconciling realistic seeming experiences with the fact that the body produces a chemical hampering much muscle movement while sleeping or dreaming. (Sleepwalking is an aberration.) Face it, you can dream that you have awoken, and that is why you later awaken after thinking you passively let these "spirits" do what they please. And also why the stories somehow are almost always limited to just the teller being there.

Hearing footsteps outside an unfamiliar cabin? Why a ghost and not a person or even an animal? Inside the house?--we found out the mysterious noises we heard were squirrels, and snakes  actually. A camping trip had a bear shuffling past our tent before we fell asleep--had we awakened to it, we might have thought it was a person. "Shore warn't no ghost," as Grandpa used to say.

Anyway, like zombie stories, people want to believe them, so have fun. Like Tolkien's tales, they are certainly entertaining so please continue! This message from the world of physical reality is now over!

• Like 1