Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Momto3girlsintheCarolinas

Best Parking at the Port of Tampa?

Recommended Posts

I have read the reviews online, and there is just so much competing information.  One website says this lot is great, another says it is terrible.  All I want is cruise parking that is safe where my car is not in the sun for a week - that maybe costs less than $15/day.

 

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try the Florida departure board. Lots of great suggestions there. I’ve decided to do port parking for the convenience in September. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Momto3girlsintheCarolinas said:

I have read the reviews online, and there is just so much competing information.  One website says this lot is great, another says it is terrible.  All I want is cruise parking that is safe where my car is not in the sun for a week - that maybe costs less than $15/day.

 

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

I have used Park4cruise 3 times in Tampa. Never had any problem. Takes the shutttle about 5 minutes to reach ship. If you do not want to wait you can walk there in same amount of time. Right across from Ship

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always use the Parking Doctors.  Service has always been prompt and I save nearly 50% over the port.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Momto3girlsintheCarolinas said:

I have read the reviews online, and there is just so much competing information.  One website says this lot is great, another says it is terrible.  All I want is cruise parking that is safe where my car is not in the sun for a week - that maybe costs less than $15/day.

 

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

We always park in the parking deck at the port.  If we arrive early enough there is always under cover parking available..

 

Also I like that you can prebook online and pay for it....one less expense at cruise time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We always park at the port garage. It is more expensive but I love the convenience and security.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jmcathome said:

I have used Park4cruise 3 times in Tampa. Never had any problem. Takes the shutttle about 5 minutes to reach ship. If you do not want to wait you can walk there in same amount of time. Right across from Ship

It is open air and costs 8 dollars a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We used 241Parking... reasonable price and pretty close... the first time my hubby dropped me off with the luggage, parked and took the shuttle back to meet me. Once we realized how close it was, next time we just drove straight there, took the shuttle back together. Both times the shuttle was there waiting when we disembarked or was there within 1 minute. Only drawback was no covered parking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shaded Lady said:

We used 241Parking... reasonable price and pretty close... the first time my hubby dropped me off with the luggage, parked and took the shuttle back to meet me. Once we realized how close it was, next time we just drove straight there, took the shuttle back together. Both times the shuttle was there waiting when we disembarked or was there within 1 minute. Only drawback was no covered parking.

I actually just looked up my receipt and it cost a whopping $35 for a 5 day trip in 2012! That seemed really cheap but when I looked online just now, the price has not increased in 7 years!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We park in the Channelside garage through Park Connect, at half the price.  There are several reviews on the embarkation ports forum, but in summary, you pay in advance and are then assigned a parking garage, and it is always Channelside.  You show your paid receipt when you arrive, are told which level to park on, then just drive off when you leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paper1122 said:

We always park at the port garage. It is more expensive but I love the convenience and security.

 Agreed

Absolutely worth it for the convenience alone .

We are off the ship early using Self Assist , short walk across the street and were off to pick up the dog and home by 10am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We park in the Channelside garage through Park Connect, at half the price.  There are several reviews on the embarkation ports forum, but in summary, you pay in advance and are then assigned a parking garage, and it is always Channelside.  You show your paid receipt when you arrive, are told which level to park on, then just drive off when you leave.

 

Thank you for this suggestion! I just reserved and paid for my parking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gatorfan01 said:

 

Thank you for this suggestion! I just reserved and paid for my parking. 

 

I keep thinking it is too good to be true, but I have used it three times so far and it has been perfect.  Glad you are trying it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all of the help!  I do agree that the convenience of cruise port parking is awesome.  I am just experimenting.

 

I booked 717 Parking in Tampa.  It's a 4-minute walk and half the price of terminal parking.  Also, it is a garage, so it is covered.  in fact, the new facility opens Monday (in 2 days).  They do have 2 uncovered lots and 2 garages.  It did well online, so I guess we'll see.  

 

If it goes sideways, I'll come back and let y'all know it.

 

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Momto3girlsintheCarolinas said:

Thanks for all of the help!  I do agree that the convenience of cruise port parking is awesome.  I am just experimenting.

 

I booked 717 Parking in Tampa.  It's a 4-minute walk and half the price of terminal parking.  Also, it is a garage, so it is covered.  in fact, the new facility opens Monday (in 2 days).  They do have 2 uncovered lots and 2 garages.  It did well online, so I guess we'll see.  

 

If it goes sideways, I'll come back and let y'all know it.

 

THANKS FOR THE HELP!

Please do let us know how 717 works out, I have been eyeing their lot, but not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...