"LIVE" from Celebrity Summit

Radio

40 minutes ago, Radio said:

Just click on the user name to send a message. . .  =DO NOT= post your email address here on Cruise Critic.

Radio

There’s no private messaging on Cruise Critic. Many folks use email addresses created for use on sites like this, not our personal email addresses, and that’s really okay. 

1 hour ago, Radio said:

Here is a short video I made.

Bermuda with Celebrity Summit 2019

Radio

As someone who does an edit of a video here and there...very well done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisinCons said:

Nice!! Did you bring a drone with you, or is the overhead footage from elsewhere? 

That was B-Roll footage from Celebrity. 

(They were credited at 2.34)

Radio

• Like 1

On 5/19/2019 at 2:48 PM, Radio said:

Radio

Wow!!!!  Excellent video.....very professional.  Thank you for doing this and sharing!!

Radio:

Enjoyed your review after the fact.  We were on the same cruise and also participated in the cabin crawl. 

Unfortunately, my wife fell ill on D-3 and was quarantined by the medical staff.  She was not cleared until the morning of D-5, 15 minutes AFTER our excursion departed.  To add insult to injury, on a side visit to Hamilton she fell and injured a leg.  She spent the rest of the cruise in a wheelchair.  I made one planned excursion and she missed all 3.  Celebrity was not sympathetic.

On the bright side, we found the on-board entertainment, comedians, performers and music to be outstanding!  That was something that I did not see particularly good reviews for ahead of time. 

IMG_4962.JPG

IMG_4978.JPG

IMG_4998.JPG

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sleeper3 said:

Radio:

Enjoyed your review after the fact.  We were on the same cruise and also participated in the cabin crawl. 

Unfortunately, my wife fell ill on D-3 and was quarantined by the medical staff.  She was not cleared until the morning of D-5, 15 minutes AFTER our excursion departed.  To add insult to injury, on a side visit to Hamilton she fell and injured a leg.  She spent the rest of the cruise in a wheelchair.  I made one planned excursion and she missed all 3.  Celebrity was not sympathetic.

On the bright side, we found the on-board entertainment, comedians, performers and music to be outstanding!  That was something that I did not see particularly good reviews for ahead of time.

I trust your wife is feeling better and on the mend.

Although confined to wheelchair for much of the sailing, and that it provide her with some downtime to relax.

Hopefully your next sailing will be more eventful, without the illness and falls.'

bon voyage

9 hours ago, Sleeper3 said:

Radio:

Sorry to hear of the hiccups to your vacation.  

I am glad to hear the entertainment was very enjoyable because that is what I am least excited about heading into the cruise (I am crazy excited but this is at the lowest part of my expectations list)

Edited by J_Kepler
remove pics

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 4:44 PM, Mrs Cheech said:

If possible can you just tell me what time the shows are in the theater.  Used to be at 7 & 9 so as to accomodate early & late main dining times.  Is that still the case?  We are on her in Sept and trying to decide on a time for dinner.  Thanks in advance. 

Not to side track but I believe we are sailing with you on the 11/9/19 TA Barcelona to Tampa (we've signed up for your winery tour in the Canaries).  You mentioned above that you'll be on the Summit in Sept. We are on the 8/30 Canada/New England cruise, could that also be the same as yours?

13 hours ago, jerrib said:

Not to side track but I believe we are sailing with you on the 11/9/19 TA Barcelona to Tampa (we've signed up for your winery tour in the Canaries).  You mentioned above that you'll be on the Summit in Sept. We are on the 8/30 Canada/New England cruise, could that also be the same as yours?

Hi Jerri

No we are the Sept 1 sailing to Bermuda. See you in November.

Joyce

12 hours ago, Luv2Crus40 said:

7 and 9.  Sitting in theater now waiting for 9 show. 

Thanks so much. 

We normally pick late dining but the rest of the family thought that late dining is too late for them, so I choose select this time but want to be sure we make it to the shows.  Tried to get 7pm but had to settle for 6:45.  Should be good to go for the 9pm shows.

6 hours ago, Mrs Cheech said:

Hi Jerri

No we are the Sept 1 sailing to Bermuda. See you in November.

Joyce

Joyce:  We are also on the Sept. 1 sailing to Bermuda on the Summit.  Have not seen any activity from you on this Bermuda cruise.  Are you still going?  Carol

15 hours ago, CarolRoy said:

Joyce:  We are also on the Sept. 1 sailing to Bermuda on the Summit.  Have not seen any activity from you on this Bermuda cruise.  Are you still going?  Carol

Yes, we are.  This is a family cruise for us. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 8:58 AM, mamathilde said:

I will be following along!  Can’t wait to see the new Summit in August!  

So glad I found this today! Spur of the moment booking for our anniversary during July 7th sailing. We haven't cruised Celebrity but once in 2015 on Eclipse Transatlantic. Thanks for all the info!

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2019 at 2:48 PM, Radio said:

Radio

Thank you!  We are on the Sept. 1 sailing and this just adds to my excitement!  How long does it take to visit the zoo and aquarium?  What is the cost?  It’s on our maybe if time allows or if it rains list of things to do. Is it worth the time involved?