Alaska northbound 2020 cabin on millennium

Hi all

My DH and I are  looking at millennium. We have never sailed her. We are looking at Aqua class cabins on deck 10. Is one cabin better over the other?

The other aqua class cabins are on deck 9 which are under the pool. We're worried about the noise under the pool.

Other option is deck 7 verenda 7102.

We're waffeling between this cruise & doing a North bound cruise on the Royal Princess.

Royal isn't stopping at icy strait. It is scenic cruising College Fjord.

TIA for any help

11 minutes ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

Hi all

My DH and I are  looking at millennium. We have never sailed her. We are looking at Aqua class cabins on deck 10. Is one cabin better over the other?

The other aqua class cabins are on deck 9 which are under the pool. We're worried about the noise under the pool.

Other option is deck 7 verenda 7102.

We're waffeling between this cruise & doing a North bound cruise on the Royal Princess.

Royal isn't stopping at icy strait. It is scenic cruising College Fjord.

TIA for any help

The most forward 2/3 of the deck 10 Aqua cabins are under the Cosmos Lounge and near the Fitness Center. so you could have some late night noise from above and early morning traffic to the Fitness Center. If you decide to book on deck 10, definitely book one of the 1/3 further aft cabins.

And you should also take a look at the Aqua cabins on deck 11 - their balconies are uncovered, so nice view of the night sky and perhaps a little warmer during the day.  Only downside is potential noise from the movies on deck 11. Check the deckplan since some of the deck 11 cabins have larger balconies.

We absolutely love the AQ cabins on 11.  For an Alaska cruise, if you can find any facing aft you would get amazing views as a bonus.  I also would not have any worries about pool noise on Alaska cruises.  Yes, mid-summer, there may be a day or if you are really lucky even two where you could swim, but most of the time it is too cold for anything but the whirlpools at best so noise is really not an issue.

We've done B2B north then southbound on Millennium twice in the past few years.  Absolutely loved these cruises - some of our very favorites.

17 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

We absolutely love the AQ cabins on 11.  For an Alaska cruise, if you can find any facing aft you would get amazing views as a bonus.  I also would not have any worries about pool noise on Alaska cruises.  Yes, mid-summer, there may be a day or if you are really lucky even two where you could swim, but most of the time it is too cold for anything but the whirlpools at best so noise is really not an issue.

We've done B2B north then southbound on Millennium twice in the past few years.  Absolutely loved these cruises - some of our very favorites.

Thank you for the info and good point about the pool.