Walkie Talkies

Allowed: yes

Practical: Not Always. I think they’re most useful if you have pre-teens/teens that have the roam of the ship but are expected to check in every so often. Otherwise, they’re difficult to hear in most places, or inappropriate to have (ie- going off in a quiet restaurant) there is a texting app you can get that works well for adults that need to touch base. Or if your rooms are near each other, dry erase boards (but leave the markers in your rooms, or be prepared for the “art” of fellow travelers)

• Like 1

I have seen them on the ship, if that means they are "allowed" I do not know. I do know that on my NCL Sky to Cuba, they made specific announcements that Cuba would not allow them to enter the country, and would confiscate them if found. 

11 minutes ago, Birdie And Sue said:

Do everyone on board a favor and leave them at home.  No one wants to hear you and the other person shouting back and forth "Can you hear me now"...

Thank you! Yes.......Please leave them at home! The ship is one big metal box, they don't work well at all

53 minutes ago, Birdie And Sue said:

Do everyone on board a favor and leave them at home.  No one wants to hear you and the other person shouting back and forth "Can you hear me now"...

How come I can see you but you can"t hear me?  If I shout louder, "can you hear me now"  Yes please leave them at home.  We use sticky notes left on the mirror in the cabin. 

Everyone in your family party organization have a CELL phone use that as the Walkie Talkie although

there will be cost factor while using at sea.

Near shore port use the cell phone provider for the reception.

Instead of VOICE consider TEXT messaging and most everyone around you will appreciate this !  

• Like 1

We can all pay to have a phone plan that includes texting, we were just looking at options.  We found some cute Hello Kitty ones that they guys wanted.

I do believe late last night hubby was doing some googling and said (or I dreamt this) that they are NOT allowed on our ship.

Depending on ship and where you , they work..give or take which deck..use mine with earphones..took 5 on family cruise yrs ago just so 2 grandkids could keep in touch.

Old enough to roam the ship alone but young enough to keep in touch..