Gross question - but here it goes -

25 minutes ago, rt1092 said:

My wife tells me that, many times the stalls in the womens rooms have commodes that have not been flushed after number 2. It is a common occurance. 

Some people are PIGS and can't take the time to flush. They can use a paper towel. Or if able use their foot to flush. My wife has seen them come out of the stall dressed to the nines. And not bother to flush. She tells them "lady you forgot something" . But most of the time they keep walking.    

I believe women are the worst offenders. Because I don't find the mens rooms that bad, and I'm on water pills so I'm a frequent flyer.

And people wonder why there is NoroVirus and food poisoning on board ships.

The fact people don't flush the toilet is a big contributing factor for the bad smells.

Edited by grapau27

When I have to go bad and I’m hoofing it back to my cabin I’m always afraid they will be cleaning my room and I always look down the hallway to see if the cleaning cart is outside my room.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

As DS we have a team of gold's to cover the trail.

LOL...that's funny for sure....but of course we Royal DS will never find ourselves in that kind of position...the golds will bring a discreet port-a-pot directly to us if needed in an emergency.  😄 

5 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...that's funny for sure....but of course we Royal DS will never find ourselves in that kind of position...the golds will bring a discreet port-a-pot directly to us if needed in an emergency.  😄 

You are perfectly correct,there is no need for us DS to ever get caught short.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Know the sewer/lower deck smell on some ships, not that. Do lot of B2B and few times a day I walk the whole ship, every deck. Definitely #2 smells from few cabins... Last yr everyday a Dog barked at me threw the cabin door every time I passed by...

If a barking dog “threw the cabin door” I’m going to worry a lot more about the dog biting me as it chases me down the hall than any smell no matter how bad. 

24 minutes ago, TravelerThom said:

If a barking dog “threw the cabin door” I’m going to worry a lot more about the dog biting me as it chases me down the hall than any smell no matter how bad. 

True, but smell and Dog were different cabins. At the time was concerned if Dog was alone in Cabin as he barked for days while at sea and in port...

This is why I love Cruise Critic!  Sometimes I learn important helpful information about cruising and sometimes I laugh so hard with tears running down my cheeks. #2 is the case in this reading this thread for sure😂😂😂. Thanks so much for the funny posts.

• Like 3

It's a bathroom....It's to be used! This may qualify as the craziest post yet! Why do people choose to use the bathroom? Ummmm...my guess is they have to go to the bathroom. 

:classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, kmeeker said:

It's a bathroom....It's to be used! This may qualify as the craziest post yet! Why do people choose to use the bathroom? Ummmm...my guess is they have to go to the bathroom. 

There's at least one person that goes into the public restrooms to complain about those that use the public restrooms. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, kmeeker said:

48 minutes ago, davekathy said:

There's at least one person that goes into the public restrooms to complain about those that use the public restrooms. :classic_rolleyes:

Both quite accurate!

6 minutes ago, Artemus said:

Maybe RCCL should start charging for using the public restrooms. That would make people go back to their cabins more.

It can be added as another perk for purchasing the Key, booking a suite or reaching Pinnacle 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, SRF said:

How do you know they did #2?  Some men use the stalls for #1.

Use a stall for #1 but can't be bothered to put the seat up first so then there's pee all over the seat.

9 hours ago, rt1092 said:

My wife has seen them come out of the stall dressed to the nines. And not bother to flush. She tells them "lady you forgot something" . But most of the time they keep walking.    

Oh, how sad. They surely must be hard of hearing! If that happened to me, I'd be sure and be very helpful to them by following them all the way to their destination. "Miss! Miss, excuse me! You seemed to have forgotten to flush the toilet after you were finished!" 

🙂

11 hours ago, rt1092 said:

My wife tells me that, many times the stalls in the womens rooms have commodes that have not been flushed after number 2. It is a common occurance. 

Some people are PIGS and can't take the time to flush. They can use a paper towel. Or if able use their foot to flush. My wife has seen them come out of the stall dressed to the nines. And not bother to flush. She tells them "lady you forgot something" . But most of the time they keep walking.    

I believe women are the worst offenders. Because I don't find the mens rooms that bad, and I'm on water pills so I'm a frequent flyer.

It’s my understanding that sometimes this is  cultural thing. Some cultures just don’t flush. No

doubt it’s gross. 

12 hours ago, Cachecara said:

I don’t know what’s funnier, this thread or the SNL skit on rectix. 

The rectix skit on SNL was hilarious!  My husband and I couldn't stop laughing......best skit in a long time!!  😅

Edited by Great 2 B at Sea