Kimberly cruising

Nick2000

• 2 months later...

Cruised the Kimberly with Ponant July 2018. Great cruise with breathtaking scenery. Naturalists knowledge and willingness to communicate everything they know about the region is another feature. Must do cruise.

• 1 year later...
On 11/22/2020 at 3:44 AM, Lirio said:

Did you take this cruise? I am interested for 2021.

I wouldn't plan on cruising in 2021 out of Australia, except of course if you are a resident of Australia. Maybe 2022. Our borders are closed and I believe that will be the case well intro next year. At present if you arrive you need to quarantine for a fortnight at your own expense. Qantas (our national carrier) has said they will have no flights till at least the middle of 2021. We still can't travel freely throughout the country and our daily numbers are low compared to many places. I have booked a NZ cruise for early 2022 - hoping the vaccine will work and NZ will accept Aussies without first having to quarantine.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 8:10 AM, Lirio said:

So far no plans for crusing....I was looking something for december 2021 for Xmas and New Year, but not very confident yet. Wainting for the vaccine.

Ponant is back in Australia this year with Le Soleal and Le Laparouse.  I have booked the 10 night cruise from Broome to Fremantle in September.  But......I am Western Australian!  Right now I cannot see international guests being on board unless they do the 14 days quarantine in Perth first.  IF they can get here.  Of course, by September this hopefully will have changed.  I’m sure the cruise lines are hoping so!  The ship may well be full of Australians only.

I am booked from Darwin to Broome on July 17 carried over from 2020. A few weeks my TA was still waiting to hear if April Kimberley cruising is going ahead.  I am still waiting for my updated booking confirmation changed from Le Bellot to La Perouse so I don’t think anything is certain at this stage for the season.  Having said that I have booked Cairns to Brisbane in December if all else fails😀

There is an interesting topic on the Australian forum called Kimberly Cruising. A post on there from NSWP who has a son in the industry states that although Ponant has asked the government for permission to cruise so far no permission has been given. The post is worth a read.

• 1 month later...

We’ve also booked a Ponant Kimberley cruise for August.

Just read an article saying the Northern Territory has restricted ships to maximum 100 people, including crew. Coral expeditions have said the will be chartering flight to get -people to/from Darwin if required. Will be interesting to see if Ponant advise us.