Are you aboard QE Japan to Alaska now?

erniebernie

Hi we would love to hear from anyone who is onboard this voyage as we are doing the reverse one next year. (Q027) Have never been to any of these ports so any tips or thoughts would be greatly received. Cant wait. Many Thanks Allison

Hopefully, this is only to accommodate the Japanese guests, according to friends now onboard ( and from a crew member) other onboard activities in the daily programme have had to be adjusted . eg show time 7.45pm & 9.45pm , the various cocktail receptions have been moved to the afternoon 😱

So now our once 'glamorous parties' have now been reduced to accommodate the jacket dodgers.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2019 at 8:56 AM, cruiseluvva said:

I just read on another site than Britannia dinner sittings have been changed to 5.30 and 7.45! Whether or not this is just for Japan, I don’t know.

We are on the Vancouver to Alaska round trip and our travel agent got an email saying our early dining time is moved to 5:30. We board Monday so will know for sure then. MDR will be empty for the early sitting when we go to Juneau 

Yes the times were changed on our cruise as well (5-31May).  Many people who had booked 6pm for their dining times were disgusted and either went to the matre'd or were told "just show up at 5 minutes until 6" (I guess that gave them time to still order and eat their meal).  We were told that this was the new times and were started for Japan and Alaska.  When asked if they were permanent, we were told yes.  I do, however, think that if many people complain that could change.  We like to eat early so it was not too much of a problem for us.  For days when in port, the MDR was pretty much empty and the Lido quite full.

Hi alibabacruisers so glad you enjoyed yourself,I have a few questions if you dont mind? We dont speak Japanese did you find the Language barrier difficult?  Our ports of call in Japan are Kushiro,Hakodate and Aomori  if you also went to these places is one better than others and what would you recommend doing. No more questions for now but I'm sure I will think of more later. I sure hope they don't change dinner seating times  but in the grand scheme of things its too much of a drama. Thanx again.

We stayed at the Intercontinental so the language was a problem there.  There are a lot of signs in English as far as restaurants, buildings, shops, etc but they don't have street signs like we are used to.  The only port, of those you listed, that we went to was Aomori.  We originally booked an excursion but then cancelled so we could just walk around ourselves (we had two weeks in Japan prior to the cruise).  In Aomori, as I just was saying, we walked to the ASPAM building which wasn't much but did have tourist info.  There was a fold museum in town that you could walk to or if you feel comfortable there was the train to Hirosaki Castle that was cheaper than Cunard's excursion.  We also walked to the two shopping centers to have a look and they weren't much different than we're used to but interesting to see.  We went to the Wa-Rasse Museum and there was an admission fee.  The exhibits were in Japanese but you could look at the many floats and they were interesting to see all the detail.  I don't know about the other two ports, sorry.