Barcelona to Rome in November

knilor1961

Just wondering if there will be many tour operators offering excursions near the ports.  

We will be on the Viking Sky in November (ocean Cruise).  First time sailing with a Viking and very excited about it!!!

Thanks!

Suggest checking the Viking Ocean Roll Calls for Viking Sky and selecting the Roll Call for your specific cruise. Noted they have a couple of existing roll calls for November. This will put you in contact with other passengers on your cruise and hopefully learn from others regarding private tours.

Here is the link to the Viking Sky

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/786-viking-sky-roll-calls/

You can also research the ports in the Cruise Critic Ports of Call. Here is the Meddy link

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/472-mediterranean-eastern-amp-western/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We took this exact cruise last year at the end of November, there were many tours from the ship, as well as independent operators available at each of the ports (Choose Independent, unless you want to spend $$$ with Viking) make sure to read reviews though. If you go to Monte Carlo Just do it on your own, so great to get lost in that city and so much to see on your own with plenty of transport available (Such a great port to view from the ship as well). Marseilles was about the only one that I was a little disinterested in, but to each there own.....It was a great cruise. Viking is awesome, and it was our first cruise as well. We are looking for another one this November/December for anniversary again. Possibly Transatlantic, but worried about rough seas in December....

7 hours ago, RavensFan2011 said:

We are going in November ‘19 Iconic Mediterranean Rome to Barcelona.

Just wondering how the seas were & did you bring a coat on your cruise last year ?

It can be chilly even along the Mediterranean coast at that time of year, and wet, too, but the good thing is that coming from Maryland, the weather won't be too much different from what you are experiencing at home. We have done the cruise three years in a row for New Year's Eve and have found that the weather was warmer than Boston but still overcoat weather in most places. Layers are very helpful as the days can start out quite chilly.

We went last year in December. I wore a long sleeved sweater with a puffy vest over it and I was warm enough. The only day I was really cold was when we went to Florence. It was quite blustery there. One man didn't have a coat on at all and looked very cold. 

We did Rome to Barcelona this past March on the Viking Jupiter. Loved it! Weather was in the low 60’s most of the time. Both my husband and I wore long sleeved t-shirts with a lightweight windbreaker, but we tend to be warm most of the time. As far as excursions, if you don’t do the Viking excursions, I highly recommend Viator. Everything we did with the company was great! We also used Viator in Rome, pre cruise, and Barcelona, post cruise. Usually there were only 4-6 people and all our guides were knowledgeable and personable!

We were on the Jupiter from Barcelona to Copenhagen just this April/May.  For Barcelona, I can heartily recommend the folks that we used for an amazing day tour to Montserrat and also Barcelona/Park Guell/La Grada Familia.  They are "Barcelona Day Tours"   Excellent guide and small group in a van.  There were actually 4 others from the Jupiter who were finishing their trip from Rome to Barcelona.    https://barcelonadaytours.com/

• 2 months later...