thermaol spa help please

Hello,  I have seen posts here about the third party spa services and double charging and pressure sales pitch for extras.

Is this the same way if I prebook a week long thermos spa and pool package?  I was thinking about  doingthis for my family for the first time but I don't want the double charge issue I am reading about or pressure sales .

or is it better to wait till on board to book it and or is the price higher then or lower.

Please help cruise is next week.

If you can book ahed of time with a spa discount like the 20% off sale they had recently, the price is definitely less than while onboard the ship.  We have booked the spa package for several cruises, and yes they do try to charge full amount on sail & sign card initially, however if you prepaid they have to manually go in and adjust the difference on your account.  Is this a pain, yes, but it's worth it to save the $40-$50 that you do when pre-purchasing.  Since the spa is 3rd party, they're not aware of the pre-purchase price, so they just charge the full amount.  I agree that Carnival needs to work this out and not make a burden for the customer, however that's the way it is.  We love the t-pool and thermal suites, so it is worth it for us.  We have never booked any of the massages or other treatments however.  I say do it and just handle it once onboard at guest services, and take all original paperwork and receipts from home to verify your purchase price paid.

The thermal pools/spa  pass is different than booking spa services.

You can pre book the spa pass or wait until the first day you are on board and do it then.

I don't book the spa services until I am on board the ship.

We ordered and paid for the thermal suite pass online in advance for our cruise on the Magic last year. We went by the spa after we got onboard and got our spa stickers for our S&S cards. Later than evening, I looked at our account and we had been charged for the thermal pass again. I had to go to Guest Services and they reversed the charge immediately. Just be sure to check your S&S account.

We didn't get any pressure to buy any other spa services during our visits to the thermal suite (in fact, we were never even asked if we wanted other services). 

Yes, I had also prebooked the thermal spa with a discount for a week on the Magic for my husband and I. On board, I was charged full price again also. I had to see guest services to have it taken off as well. This didn't take long but I am surprised to hear that it happens so frequently. 

17 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

We ordered and paid for the thermal suite pass online in advance for our cruise on the Magic last year. We went by the spa after we got onboard and got our spa stickers for our S&S cards. Later than evening, I looked at our account and we had been charged for the thermal pass again. I had to go to Guest Services and they reversed the charge immediately. Just be sure to check your S&S account.

We didn't get any pressure to buy any other spa services during our visits to the thermal suite (in fact, we were never even asked if we wanted other services). 

You only get pressured when you buy a spa service, not just using the spa.

I pre-purchased the Thermal and T-pool package for the 24 day Splendor Repo to Singapore in Oct. when they had the 20% discount. I will definitely bring the email conf. and double check my card, just in case they try and charge again....

Edited by crzndeb