RCCL - How Many Rooms For Teenagers Can 1 Adult Book?

I am in the process of planning a high school graduation cruise for my 2 grandsons and a few of their friends for summer of 2020.  At the time their ages will range from 19 to 17.  I know teenagers can be put in their own room as long as they are immediately next to or across the hall from an adult (21+), but can I have more than 1 room with teenagers?  Like, my room in the middle and teens in the rooms on each side?  Or is it restricted to 1 teen room per adult?  It's possible my son (the grandsons' father) will be coming too, but I'd like to know the options in case he can't make it.

I do plan to call RCCL and ask them this, but it seems like sometimes the answer depends on who picks up the phone so I'd like to see what pearls of wisdom I can gather here on CC first...

Thanks.

Call a travel agent who books Royal often. I believe the rule is that your children can be nearby, but not other people’s children. So even when traveling with grandchildren, you need an adult in each room (for booking purposes only). So I hope your son goes, then you can put some of the friends in your room or his, with his children in their own room. If I have that wrong, I am sure someone here will correct me. 

The rules are not the same if the children are not yours.  You, the grandmother, cannot take unrelated minors on a cruise unless they are in your cabin.

As a grandparent, not a parent, I'm not even sure if you can take them at all.

But people more expert than I will fill in  the details soon, I'm sure.  🙂  

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

The rules are not the same if the children are not yours.  You, the grandmother, cannot take unrelated minors on a cruise unless they are in your cabin.

As a grandparent, not a parent, I'm not even sure if you can take them at all.

But people more expert than I will fill in  the details soon, I'm sure.  🙂  

Thanks for the response. I know I can take the grandkids because I’ve done that before. I think I had to have a notarized statement from their parents since my last name is different from theirs. I’d expect to need something like that for the unrelated kids too. But it’s a good point that they’d have to be in the adults room. Definitely have to get my son to go. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/international-age-policy

For voyages originating in North America:
No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing.

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

If they are not your children, they must be in the cabin with someone 21 or older.

If they are your children, they can be in a connecting cabin (that is what the rules say).  And it says parents or guardian, so grandparent, they need to be in your cabin.