One Day Cruise in Pictures

clarkg

Just got back from a one day cruise that may have been the most fun overnighter of my life. I seem to, more and more, be taking Holland America. I'm only a One-Star Mariner, but I'm a lot higher than that on other cruise lines. I will post some pictures here, there will be more on my blog too.  http://clarkanddeb.blogspot.com/2019/05/2019-one-day-cruise.html

1012326318_Pic2.thumb.jpg.f7487b36d61ad2c3f62bbbe4d396f531.jpg

Just one of the dozens of Bald Eagles we saw out the train window on our way to the ship. It was hard to take pictures at that speed, so I have pictures of rocks mostly.

503416573_Pic11.thumb.jpg.07ac764ecd6be4a7a06273c287d55aec.jpg

The NCL Bliss pulled up while we were at Canada Place. I've never been on this ship, but I've taken NCL a lot.

1769945358_pic12.thumb.jpg.0bf5815ecbdc521b2fbe1a9853a2e7b3.jpg

In my mind, the cruise doesn't start until the life boat drill is over.

• Like 3

Thank you for posting your thoughts about your one-day cruise.  Your blog is great too, as are the photos!

I understand what you mean about how sailing out of Vancouver can be a major headache....the one and only 1-day cruise we've ever taken was years ago out of Vancouver and it didn't get off to a good start.  All their computers went down and we weren't onboard until between 4-5:00 😞  So glad it went smoothly for you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Thank you for posting your thoughts about your one-day cruise.  Your blog is great too, as are the photos!

I understand what you mean about how sailing out of Vancouver can be a major headache....the one and only 1-day cruise we've ever taken was years ago out of Vancouver and it didn't get off to a good start.  All their computers went down and we weren't onboard until between 4-5:00 😞  So glad it went smoothly for you!

One time it was three hours, a couple of times it was two, the worst was having to wait 5 hours to get on the ship, then when we finally did, the captain came over the overheads and said, "There are six hundred people still in line, we will be departing two hours late."

• Like 2

Here are some more pictures...

699609838_pic15.thumb.jpg.d1f63063045fef8b28db3e865f948190.jpg

The diver is in the middle. He didn't have tanks, but the air-hose the man in orange vest is rolling up. They used diving silver diving helmets that attached to the ring ournd the man's neck. I haven't seen this, up close and personal before. There were at least two divers down there. The captain said they were fixing and electrical problem.

56121740_Pic21.thumb.jpg.57c3e0f860cd5888441e9e4623b426ff.jpg

The ceiling at the King Street Station in Seattle. For years this was covered up by a drop down ceiling that looked terrible. I'm glad they wised up and tore all that our so we can see the historical one. It's beautiful.

881078741_pic22.thumb.jpg.69ca22de3461db905977aa78d977944c.jpg

King Street Station with Safeco Field in the background. The bus leaves from this area. It has to turn around there. It involves some backing and forthing.

• Like 2

Here is some stateroom pictures. I'm glad I upgraded, it was awesome to have that much room.

1329542294_Pic1.thumb.jpg.6d0573f5eb71962110b2c72c0008a85b.jpg

The bathroom was bigger than the one in my house.

2123125130_pic4.thumb.jpg.e64411031284c74f6ed14972e043d1cd.jpg

1475494495_pic6.thumb.jpg.376da7e69f9d9c6e05bd2806871c209d.jpg

The side of the bed closer to the wall was the most comfortable. You would think it would be the same.

1207710162_pic8.thumb.jpg.5ebe6a5f3854d794537070c6bb48e2db.jpg

Spacious balcony.

• Like 2

I have never sail HAL before, I have three questions. What is an one star mariner and what is the category of cabin did you have?

It looks very nice and spacious.  The balcony looks liked a place you can enjoy and hangout on a longer cruise. Finally, what was the name of your cruise ship. Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Edited by cruise47
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, cruise47 said:

What is an one star mariner and what is the category of cabin did you have?

A 1-star Mariner is anyone who has less than 30 days on-board a HAL ship.  That looks to me like a Signature Suite.

• Like 1

cat1331, Thank You, we are Elite with Celebrity with more 60 days on their ships.

We enjoy good service and excellent food on a cruise ship. The meals in HAL restaurants looks very enticing. 

• Like 1

Great blog and photos.  Thank you!  We will be sailing the Westerdam in May to Alaska and have a signature suite.  I believe it is a sister ship to the one you were one.  Was there also a shower stall in your bathroom?

• Like 1

On 5/7/2019 at 5:57 AM, cruise47 said:

I have never sail HAL before, I have three questions. What is an one star mariner and what is the category of cabin did you have?

It looks very nice and spacious.  The balcony looks liked a place you can enjoy and hangout on a longer cruise. Finally, what was the name of your cruise ship. Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Holland America royalty program goes from one-star to five-star. I'm at the bottom.

We had a Signature Suite on the Eurodam.

17 hours ago, LRLLSL said:

Great blog and photos.  Thank you!  We will be sailing the Westerdam in May to Alaska and have a signature suite.  I believe it is a sister ship to the one you were one.  Was there also a shower stall in your bathroom?

There was a separate shower. They also had a shower head in the jetted tub.

On 5/7/2019 at 7:32 AM, cruise47 said:

cat1331, Thank You, we are Elite with Celebrity with more 60 days on their ships.

We enjoy good service and excellent food on a cruise ship. The meals in HAL restaurants looks very enticing. 

We haven't been brand loyal over the years. I have had good meals and bad meals on the same cruise line. In my opinion its my reliant on the head chef than it is on the cruise line itself.